Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,526
» Latest member: Garesdq1d
» Forum threads: 15,852
» Forum posts: 115,336

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
July 1 upgrade of Mobian ...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Software
Last Post: mburns
Yesterday, 09:56 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 728
desktop and lockscreen
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: biketool
09-25-2024, 05:11 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 55
No HDMI Video - Anything ...
Forum: General Discussion on ROCKPRO64
Last Post: angrymallard
09-25-2024, 04:58 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 31
2024 Sep 21 - PinePhonePr...
Forum: General Discussion of PinePhone Pro
Last Post: biketool
09-25-2024, 04:16 AM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 2,280
bookworm vs trixie discus...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: zetabeta
09-25-2024, 12:41 AM
» Replies: 36
» Views: 6,637
Can't install some softwa...
Forum: General Discussion on PineTab
Last Post: mikehenson
09-24-2024, 07:49 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 138
Testing Some More Games o...
Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook Pro
Last Post: pigkang
09-24-2024, 01:43 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 3,435
Pinetab 2 Not Powering On...
Forum: General
Last Post: dachalife
09-23-2024, 12:00 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 138
Developing on Mac (M3)
Forum: Development Discussion on PineTime
Last Post: oksalahti
09-23-2024, 01:27 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 82
Need Help Choosing the Ri...
Forum: General
Last Post: tllim
09-22-2024, 06:28 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 112

How to get started?
Posted by: riahim - 04-17-2016, 06:30 PM - Forum: Getting Started - Replies (35)

Hello,
I apologize if this has been asked, but is there a tutorial or a quick-start guide? I"m not really sure where to start.
I'm familiar with using other microprocessor based FPGA boards which require downloading a program (i.e libero) and using verilog/C. However, as far as I can tell this is not needed for the pine64...? Basically, if anyone could help me get started, that'd be great.
Thanks

Open media vault on pine64?
Posted by: Luke - 04-17-2016, 06:17 PM - Forum: Linux on Pine A64(+) - Replies (9)

Hey everyone,

Having toyed around with the pine64 for a couple of weeks, I feel that now I zeroed in on a real day-to-day purpose for it. I want it to act as a NAS/ sync server. While I know that I could just get BitTorrent sync + samba installed on it and live happily ever after, I am wondering if it would be possible to build omv for the pine64. From what I remember omv uses Debian (right?) and not Ubuntu - hence my question, would it be possible to install omv on top of ubuntu?
 Cheers, 

Luke

Unable to format sdcard
Posted by: Nova136 - 04-17-2016, 02:05 PM - Forum: Android on Pine A64(+) - Replies (9)

Tried to burn the android image onto my sdcard but fails every time.
Phoenixcard is running as administrator.
Reformatted sdcard a few times still no luck.
The partition of the sdcard after phoenixcard reformatted it seems very weird.
Attached the images of error for reference.
Any help or advise would be appreciated.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Video on how to upload Remix OS to Pine 64
Posted by: Milkman - 04-17-2016, 01:49 PM - Forum: Remix OS - Replies (4)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGBSGaGteAc

Thread Modes Install Moonlight on Pine
Posted by: Jobs - 04-17-2016, 01:29 PM - Forum: Linux on Pine A64(+) - Replies (1)

Hi,
I just received my Pine A64 (1GB model) [Image: smile.png] and I wanted to try out Moonlight-embedded for streaming games (https://github.com/irtimmer/moonlight-embedded).
First I installed Arch Linux and then I followed the official instructions (https://github.com/irtimmer/moonlight-em...i/Packages)  for installing Moonlight.
Unfortunately I got the following error:

package moonlight-embedded-2.1.4-1-armv7h does not have a valid architecture

I guess the issue here is that the pine uses the arm v8 architecture. 

Did someone already try to compile/install moonlight for the pine?

Forum Revamp
Posted by: Ghost - 04-17-2016, 12:27 PM - Forum: General Discussion on PINE A64(+) - Replies (20)

The forum has become somewhat messy and disorganised. I would like to restructure it slightly, rename some forums, add others, etc. Given below is my proposal for a new forum layout. Any input or suggestions much appreciated. 

A PLACE TO START - this forum includes a guide posted as a sticky explaining how to get the Pine64 up and running, noob questions and answers, and basic general discussion.

PROBLEMS, ISSUES, BUGS & SOLUTIONS - this forum is for discussion of various issues people have with the Pine64 and how to go about solving them. Could be further divided into more specific sub-forums, such as OS bug reports, display issues, power supply issues, etc.

USER PROJECTS - this forum is for people to propose and carry out their Pine64 related projects, so other people can follow along and add their help and advice along the way, if needed. A good example of this is Zoidano's car head unit: http://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=303

SUGGESTIONS - suggestions for improving the Pine64 in future iterations (adding USB 3.0, more RAM, different SoC, SATA, etc), improving the forum. Basically any constructive, helpful suggestions that can help to improve the Pine64 community.

SOFTWARE - this forum can largely remain as it is at the moment, there are many fantastic contributors already in this forum doing a great job.

HARDWARE - discussion of all things hardware-related, i.e. AllWinner SoC, GPIO, USB interface, Ethernet, etc.

PERIPHERALS - talk about keyboards, remotes, pointers, WiFi dongles, all plug-in peripheral-related things.

GENERAL CHAT - a place to talk about non-Pine64 things - movies, games, travel, work, etc.

The current official Pine64 NEWS forum does not have much activity. It could either be revamped (maybe as PINE64 OFFICIAL or something), or merged into the other forums.

Please all comment and let me know your thoughts on this. The better we can make this forum and the access to relevant information for people searching for solutions, the more useful it will be.

One card - many OS?
Posted by: yourhighpriestess - 04-17-2016, 10:57 AM - Forum: Getting Started - Replies (24)

I have a 512GB card. Is it possible to load many operating systems on it and pick which to use when (or IF since I have problems with my board) boot up?

Slow ethernet in linux
Posted by: dipole - 04-17-2016, 08:32 AM - Forum: Linux on Pine A64(+) - Replies (20)

I'm only getting at most 40KB/s if I'm lucky. Apt-get update usually times out, one time it took 30 minutes to update. This is with both Ubuntu and Debian images, what gives? Is my board defective? I take a rasperry pi and plug it into the same ethernet cable and I'm able to get awesome speeds. At this point the pine64 is unusable for anything

When should I expect my board?
Posted by: kofther - 04-17-2016, 08:29 AM - Forum: Shipment Related Discussion - Replies (4)

I almost feel bad for asking but I am just not sure I understand when I should expect my board.  Did I do something to push it out to a later date?

I ordered this:
The PINE A64+ Early Bird (February 2016)

Later I was offered an up-sell so I ordered these:

(2) PINE A64+ 2GB - PA642GBWIFI
(2) Wifi 802.11BGN/ Bluetooth 4.0 Module

I received this email with the latest update on the 4/4. I assume I am line #1 and line #7 but have not received anything yet.

The following lists of products have been already dispatched as of this morning: You should receive them in the next 2-5 days. 

1) 1GB PINE64 Board only February
2) 2GB PINE64 Bord only February
3) Holiday PINE64 board only
4) 1GB PINE64 Board only March
5) 2GB PINE64 Board only March
6) 1GB PINE64 Board + Wifi/BT February
7) 2GB PINE64 Board + Wifi/BT February
8) 1GB PINE64 Board + Wifi/BT March
9) 2GB PINE64 Board + Wifi/BT March
10) 512MB PINE64 Board only early bird up to first 1000 units (Fe

Did I order something that would have caused a delay?

Thanks,
Jim

Stream torrents with Kodi on Android
Posted by: Treville - 04-17-2016, 07:53 AM - Forum: Android on Pine A64(+) - Replies (1)

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to give some info about torrent streaming with Kodi. I tested several android devices and all of them support torrent stream with Kodi, so I believe that the pine64 will to (I can't tell for sure because my pine is coming in May so I haven't tested it yet).

I'd suggest to install Kodi via play store, ore some other store and download these plugins:

Kmediatorrent - Github link (after installing the kmediatorrent you'll have to go only on kickass torrents provider as other providers don't work)

Installation - after you download the zip file put it on a USB drive. Then insert the USB drive into your pine and start Kodi. Go to System - Settings - Add-ons - install from zip file. Find your USB and select the kmediatorrent zip file. after it installs it go back to the home screen and go to videos - add-ons and you will find the kmediatorrent. You'll need to configure it - do it as you wish than, although I would recommend only to setup the subtitles if you need them and everything else will work fine.

Quasar plugin - just go to this link and follow the instructions. When you go to the download page for the quasar plugin I would recommend to use the android_arm as the pine uses the arm processor. [url=https://seo-michael.co.uk/how-to-install-pulsar-repo-setup-pulsar-for-xbmc/][/url]

If someone tries this please inform if everything went ok, if not I will post everything after testing it on my pine when I receive it.