Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,529
» Latest member: haddock
» Forum threads: 15,853
» Forum posts: 115,339

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Some Suspense.... Camerra...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
Yesterday, 03:28 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 67
July 1 upgrade of Mobian ...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Software
Last Post: mburns
09-26-2024, 09:56 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 751
desktop and lockscreen
Last Post: biketool
09-25-2024, 05:11 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 66
No HDMI Video - Anything ...
Forum: General Discussion on ROCKPRO64
Last Post: angrymallard
09-25-2024, 04:58 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 46
2024 Sep 21 - PinePhonePr...
Forum: General Discussion of PinePhone Pro
Last Post: biketool
09-25-2024, 04:16 AM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 2,340
bookworm vs trixie discus...
Last Post: zetabeta
09-25-2024, 12:41 AM
» Replies: 36
» Views: 6,651
Can't install some softwa...
Forum: General Discussion on PineTab
Last Post: mikehenson
09-24-2024, 07:49 AM
» Views: 154
Testing Some More Games o...
Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook Pro
Last Post: pigkang
09-24-2024, 01:43 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 3,450
Pinetab 2 Not Powering On...
Forum: General
Last Post: dachalife
09-23-2024, 12:00 PM
» Views: 159
Developing on Mac (M3)
Forum: Development Discussion on PineTime
Last Post: oksalahti
09-23-2024, 01:27 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 89

Rooted upon 'Factory Reset'
Posted by: pinea64.edison - 05-16-2016, 10:19 AM - Forum: Android on Pine A64(+) - No Replies

When the Android 05/05/2016 image was released, I downloaded and used a 16GB unrooted DD image on to my SD card with the hope that, I will then be able to do a OTA update of the future releases. But unfortunately, I had issues with my Play Store and decided to do a 'Factory reset' (Settings --> Backup and Reset --> Factory data reset) to resolve it.

The Playstore issue is now resolved, however upon reset it looks like I have got a rooted version with SuperSU installed and also I confirmed that it was a rooted by switching on the root explored in ES File explorer.

Can anyone see a reason on why this would have happened?

TV64, a Android TV Experince 0.2
Posted by: tohipfortheroom - 05-16-2016, 09:46 AM - Forum: Android on Pine A64(+) - Replies (47)

So there's a lot to love about the Pines 64.  but I notice that there isn't an Android TV image.  well that changes today,  I bring you the TV64,  a slimmed down ready to go Android TV image,  with a bunch of apps ready to go when you are. The apps include kodi Netflix Hulu HBO SoundCloud YouTube and a few more. This image was really designed for the user that just wants to use their Pine as a media center.  The image is rooted and I also added a simple audio mod called Viper.  The Play Store is ready to go. Simply download the image off of MediaFire. Burn to an SD card. Then Plug & Play. Any feedback would be welcomed.

I hope you enjoy this image is much as I did making it for you  So what are you waiting for? go download it already!!

Screenshot
http://imgur.com/QD5YTlF
Download
https://www.mediafire.com/?htddgc3l4f8kq07

Dylan Callahan
chromiumosforsbc.org

whats new in 0.2 is i used kernel auditor to tweak the image for max performance. as well as added kodi

Question no more access to google play
Posted by: bongo - 05-16-2016, 07:34 AM - Forum: Android on Pine A64(+) - Replies (3)

i installed the 20160505 android version (non rooted).
after booting, the pine first told me it was updating apps, and then seemed to work.
when i opened google play, i was able login and i saw my apps. then the pine immediately started downloading and installing updates.
first one was "android system webview", which took several hours to download (at only a few kb/s).
after doing so, i don't have access to google play anymore, i.e. i can open google play an select an app, but instead of downloading, it says "..blabla..could not be downloaded because of an error (error retrieving information from server [DF-DLA-15])".
i uninstalled the webview update, but it's still the same. no more download from google play.
btw: internet access using chrome still works without problems, but i get no download access to google play, i.e. i cannot install any apps.
what's going wrong? am i the onlyone having this problem?

Latest Build - Where to download from?
Posted by: niksrocky - 05-16-2016, 01:40 AM - Forum: Remix OS - Replies (12)

http://www.jide.com/remixos/devices/pinea64

Last Update : 2016-05-06

And on

http://wiki.pine64.org/index.php/Pine_A6...re_Release

Last Update : 2016-04-15

I would like to know the difference between the two.

Start-Up Advice
Posted by: irobot - 05-15-2016, 10:55 PM - Forum: Getting Started - Replies (1)

Hi all

I had some of the same troubles getting my board to boot.

Plugged board into HDMI input on TV and booted right up.

I also had the issue with red power LED turning off. I swapped out the power supply with a spare
5V supply from an old cell phone to resolve that.

I'm running the Debian OS, downloaded from Pine64 Wiki site. I tested without ethernet plugged in. The boot process pauses for about 2 minutes as it looks for an active LAN connection. After that, login prompt displays and all seems OK.

Hope this helps!

Sad HOW TO Fully Unroot?
Posted by: suaji - 05-15-2016, 09:28 PM - Forum: General Discussion on PINE A64(+) - Replies (4)

Hi,

I am newbie here.. Sorry for noob question.. How to fully unroot?.. I download DD image for 16gb.. Not Rooted DD image.. But why that version still ROOTED when i checked with Root Check app..

I cant streaming Malaysia apps (Astro on the Go & iFlix) because of the rooted..  Sad

I tried to unroot using SuperSU but failed (long time processing). And then i decided to Manual Unroot.. But that apps still can't streaming even Root Check app said my device not rooted anymore..

Quote:List of deleted file (Nautilus via Ubuntu)
1. /preinstal/SuperSu/SuperSu.apk
2. /system/bin/busybox-smp
3. /system/bin/su

Thanks in advance and sorry for noob english ^_^v

[Image: Screenshot_from_2016_05_12_15_43_27.png]

[Image: Screenshot_2016_05_12_20_29_26.png]

[Image: Screenshot_2016_05_12_20_33_43.png]

System program problem detected error
Posted by: ebclr - 05-15-2016, 09:18 PM - Forum: Ubuntu - No Replies

I have a fresh and install on ubuntu xubuntu-xenial-20160501-longsleep-pine64-8GB
After the boot , appear a message System program problem detected error, is there a way to fix that.

Besides that message everything appear to work but that message is there for a purpose.

Chromium OS Coming to the Pine64 Soon!
Posted by: tohipfortheroom - 05-15-2016, 08:15 PM - Forum: General Discussion on PINE A64(+) - Replies (9)

So we've been in the kitchen cooking up something nice for all you Pine 64 users.  I am Dylan Callahan and I am the founder, developer and project manager for the Chromium OS for All SBC project. I am here to let all Guys and gals that love your Pine 64. That an awesome operating system is headed your way!  
Little brief background on us we started making images for the Raspberry Pi 2,  and with the success of that project we have decided tonight only focus on the Raspberry Pi line of products but now also focus on single board computer from across the community such has the awesome pine 64.   
We are chromium OS for all SBC’s. We started as a simple Reddit post. We have grown to be featured on Lifehacker and many online websites, We even made it into MagPi.  We are a group of Hobbyist,  that love developing and troubleshootin  and most of all creating images of the Chromium operating system for small single board computers. Now a timeline for this release Is within the next 2 months.  now that may sound like a lot of time, but trust us the wait will be worth it. These images will support the 1GB and 2GB models. We'd like to think the Pines 64 Founders for their  enthusiasm and support of this project.
Now we normally name our releases after famous comedians.  However  we are going to be doing something different. We want  the pine 64 community,  to help us name these new releases,  so if you have any great ideas for the code name of these new images,  feel free to drop a comment.
The next thing I need to talk to you guys about is simply we will need some beta testers so if you are interested please send me a message and when the time comes we will send you a link to a test image,  who will then need you to tell us what needs to be fixed. Big Grin
This is a very exciting time,  I hope you guys will visit our website for updates chromiumosforsbc.org, Subscribe to our Reddit Channel. /r/chromiumosforsbc. So if you guys have questions answer and i'll try my best to answer all of them.

Dylan Callahan
Chromiumosforsbc.org

Chromium OS Coming to the Pine64 Soon!
Posted by: tohipfortheroom - 05-15-2016, 08:15 PM - Forum: General Discussion on PINE A64(+) - Replies (34)

So we've been in the kitchen cooking up something nice for all you Pine 64 users.  I am Dylan Callahan and I am the founder, developer and project manager for the Chromium OS for All SBC project. I am here to let all Guys and gals that love your Pine 64. That an awesome operating system is headed your way!  
Little brief background on us we started making images for the Raspberry Pi 2,  and with the success of that project we have decided tonight only focus on the Raspberry Pi line of products but now also focus on single board computer from across the community such has the awesome pine 64.   
We are chromium OS for all SBC’s. We started as a simple Reddit post. We have grown to be featured on Lifehacker and many online websites, We even made it into MagPi.  We are a group of Hobbyist,  that love developing and troubleshootin  and most of all creating images of the Chromium operating system for small single board computers. Now a timeline for this release Is within the next 2 months.  now that may sound like a lot of time, but trust us the wait will be worth it. These images will support the 1GB and 2GB models. We'd like to think the Pines 64 Founders for their  enthusiasm and support of this project.
Now we normally name our releases after famous comedians.  However  we are going to be doing something different. We want  the pine 64 community,  to help us name these new releases,  so if you have any great ideas for the code name of these new images,  feel free to drop a comment.
The next thing I need to talk to you guys about is simply we will need some beta testers so if you are interested please send me a message and when the time comes we will send you a link to a test image,  who will then need you to tell us what needs to be fixed. Big Grin
This is a very exciting time,  I hope you guys will visit our website for updates chromiumosforsbc.org, Subscribe to our Reddit Channel. /r/chromiumosforsbc. So if you guys have questions answer and i'll try my best to answer all of them.

Dylan Callahan
Chromiumosforsbc.org

Thumbs Down Sorry, my patience is running out
Posted by: RAGE Sonix - 05-15-2016, 07:26 PM - Forum: Android on Pine A64(+) - Replies (2)

I have 2 boards, both are 2GB A+. Both have gone through the last 2 ROM updates. Both have had 16,32 and 64 SD cards installed made by 5 different manufacturers. (Don't get me started in the ridiculous Phoenix software.)

I have one board I cannot get to connect to the internet. Sometimes I get an IP address, most times I don't. When it does get an IP address, the clock will set to internet time. That is all I can do with the board.

The second board is slower than my old windows 98 machine! After powering on the board, and getting to the desktop, once anything is clicked, the board will reboot itself. This happens after every hard reset (unplugging power).

After that, clicking on icons freezes the system. Everything gets the error "** is not responding. Wait or close".

My 8 year old's $30 Proscan Android tablet works better than this piece of crap!

How much longer do I wait to request a refund?