How do you put this together?
I am completely new at this, so please bear with me. 

Here's what I ordered, and I just received all of it except for the case or box.

Is there an instruction manual to help me assemble this? 

Thanks in advance.

[Image: VjWQ1Im.png]
hi (ground yourself before doing any of this)
1) if your SD card has the Android image on it already, then just plug the micro SD into the push-push slot of the PineA64 till it clicks.
1a) ... if not, you'll have to get the Android image on the card. (that's another story)
2) plug the ribbon cable of the display into the PineA64 board DSI . BE CAREFUL its easily broken !
3) plug the 5v power into the PineA64 micro usb connector (dont plug into mains yet)
4) plug the wifi bt module into the PineA64 board
5) plug the PineA64 into the mains (wall wart into wall socket)

Do not have the ethernet hooked up on the boot-up... wait till after it boots and is running to plug that in.

Let it run for about 15 minutes at least before trying to power it off.

Its actually not that hard, but it is fragile, and it is a little finiky... be careful.
(06-27-2016, 03:16 PM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote: hi  (ground yourself before doing any of this)
1) if your SD card has the Android image on it already, then just plug the micro SD into the push-push slot of the PineA64 till it clicks.
1a) ... if not, you'll have to get the Android image on the card. (that's another story)
2) plug the ribbon cable of the display into the PineA64 board DSI .   BE CAREFUL its easily broken !
3) plug the 5v power into the PineA64 micro usb connector  (dont plug into mains yet)
4) plug the wifi bt module into the PineA64 board      
5) plug the PineA64 into the mains  (wall wart into wall socket)

Do not have the ethernet hooked up on the boot-up... wait till after it boots and is running to plug that in.

Let it run for about 15 minutes at least before trying to power it off.

Its actually not that hard, but it is fragile, and it is a little finiky... be careful.

Thank you MarkHaysHarris777!

I have never assembled anything like this before, so I think I got all the stuff connected properly.

I plugged the SD card in, and it says I need to format the card before I can use it. The default is ex-FAT. Is that what I should use?
(06-27-2016, 03:52 PM)srosvold Wrote: I plugged the SD card in, and it says I need to format the card before I can use it. The default is ex-FAT. Is that what I should use?

It looks like from your pledge listing that Android might already be on the card - have you tried inserting it into the pine64s card holder and powering up the pine64? Meaning you now follow steps 1, 3 and 5 of Marks instructions if you have connected the display and wifi module. 

If it doesn't show anything on the screen at all, you may need to download a image for it. You will want to visit the software releases page and get one of the android images that are specifically for the LCD. If you use a DD image, you will want Win32 Disk Imager (when on Windows) or use the dd (on linux) command to write the img to a SD card. If you use a Phoenix Card image, you will need the Phoenix Card software to write it to the sd card.
pfeerick Thanks for the help!

I didn't realize that the Android OS might be on the card, so I downloaded it, unzipped it, and copied it to the card. I did not realize that I needed to use another program to put it on the card. The image I put onto the card did not work, so I'll try using the Phoenix software next.
I downloaded Phoenix Card, then downloaded and unzipped this:
Phoenix Card image:
Direct download from pine64.org
MD5 (Zip file): 8347249BB2106AA103F87B4C9947AFEE
File Size: 348MB
I used Phoenix Card to load the image onto the SD card, and everything appears to be successful thus far. But when I inserted the card into the board and powered it up, the red LED stayed on for about a minute, then shut off. I used the power button to turn it back and left it for about 20 minutes. Nothing seems to have happened. I powered it off again, restarted it, and nothing. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?