Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,529
» Latest member: haddock
» Forum threads: 15,853
» Forum posts: 115,339

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Some Suspense.... Camerra...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
Yesterday, 03:28 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 69
July 1 upgrade of Mobian ...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Software
Last Post: mburns
09-26-2024, 09:56 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 752
desktop and lockscreen
Last Post: biketool
09-25-2024, 05:11 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 66
No HDMI Video - Anything ...
Forum: General Discussion on ROCKPRO64
Last Post: angrymallard
09-25-2024, 04:58 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 48
2024 Sep 21 - PinePhonePr...
Forum: General Discussion of PinePhone Pro
Last Post: biketool
09-25-2024, 04:16 AM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 2,342
bookworm vs trixie discus...
Last Post: zetabeta
09-25-2024, 12:41 AM
» Replies: 36
» Views: 6,651
Can't install some softwa...
Forum: General Discussion on PineTab
Last Post: mikehenson
09-24-2024, 07:49 AM
» Views: 154
Testing Some More Games o...
Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook Pro
Last Post: pigkang
09-24-2024, 01:43 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 3,450
Pinetab 2 Not Powering On...
Forum: General
Last Post: dachalife
09-23-2024, 12:00 PM
» Views: 159
Developing on Mac (M3)
Forum: Development Discussion on PineTime
Last Post: oksalahti
09-23-2024, 01:27 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 89

Crash Reboot Cycle
Posted by: Michaelrowe01 - 05-18-2016, 08:40 AM - Forum: Getting Started - Replies (2)

I have the 512mb Pine64.  I've installed the ubuntu image from the FAQ page.  I am in a constant logon-crash-reboot cycle. I try to access the crash reports, but it reboots to login screen overtime.  Any suggestions on how to debug this cycle?

ok, I cancelled, ignored the error reporting. and now the machine is up and running.. i am able to launch a terminal window.. and to dig around... will see about running updates... and if I can stay running

ok.. tried to run the system settings to set my clock - Crash-reboot
tried to get into software updater - Crash-Reboot
seems like I can run the desktop and a terminal - but if I try to do anything.. I get a Crash-Reboot cycle...

Pointers for things to check would be greatly appreciated.

Kinda upset at the lack of response to GBe issues
Posted by: yusijs - 05-18-2016, 07:28 AM - Forum: Ethernet Port - Replies (153)

I have the A64+ board, and I figured I'd use it to replace my Pi2 as a media center, and use the Pi2 for something else. I'm in the same boat as lots of others - GB network isn't working, which was one of the main reasons I got the damn thing. If I reduce the network connectivity on my switch to 100mbps for the port I connect the Pine64 to, it works fine (well, y'know.. "fine"). I dont even get the slow speed - I get an IP, but the Pine refuses to connect to anything. 

My issue here is not with the issue at hand - I get that bugs can and will happen. What frustrates me to no end is the fact that there is nothing from the Pine guys on this. TL hasn't replied to a single thread about this as far as I know, and not even recognized this as an issue. 

Could we please get an official statement on if the issues lots of us are experiencing with GBe are even on your list of things to fix? Do you guys have an ETA, or an idea on what the issue could be? If you don't think it's the Pine - any suggestions on what else it could be? I've tried 4 different wall outlets (2 of which I use to power Pi2 and Pi3), and they don't make a difference at all.

Possible IDE?
Posted by: yuvgin - 05-18-2016, 06:05 AM - Forum: Linux on Pine A64(+) - Replies (1)

Hi,

I tried the hardware forum and got no response, so i'll try my luck here...

I'm looking for a free IDE and some instructions on how to create a simple and basic image of my own.

I'd like to control the GPIO pins and maybe experiment a bit with some UART communication.

I'm a hardware engineering student and have a bit of experience with MCUs. I just got my PINE last week, but had no luck in finding a proper tutorial or guide on how to fully control all the of the cool PINE features.

I saw that it may be possible using an eclipse based platform for ARM devices called DS-5, but once installed it didn't offer anything more than a empty editor and no explanations.

Any advice at all would be great!

Thanks!

Which Bluetooth Speakers is the best?
Posted by: Liztek - 05-18-2016, 04:28 AM - Forum: Accessories - Replies (4)

Hi all i wanna share my problem to all of you please tell the Which Bluetooth Speakers is the best?

Pine64 Eagle LBR
Posted by: openhardwarecoza - 05-18-2016, 03:58 AM - Forum: POT modules - Replies (3)

Hi All

I started working on an Cadsoft Eagle LBR so I can develop a few POTs:  (like started 10 mins ago)
I couldnt find a mechanical drawing of the Pine64, so this is all verniered out... / eyed out ....

WIP... Will update here as I make progress - any help appreciated

https://github.com/openhardwarecoza/eagl...64-hat.lbr

systen type not detected (config.guess, config.sub, LMS 7.9 install
Posted by: mrpn900 - 05-18-2016, 01:29 AM - Forum: Ubuntu - Replies (2)

hello,

I'm trying to install Logitechmediaserver on my new Pine A64+, 2GB. I'm now using this :Ubuntu Linux Image [20160502] based on Longsleep build, updated by Pine64.

I tried with Debian base and Xenial from pine64.org too.

I end up with some modules not loading. I have tried to use different versions of Perl (originally5.22) and building the CPAN modules myself (buildme.sh). No luck. It seems that config.guess and config.sub  included in those numerous tars are not able to detect the system. Is there any known  workround for this?

I intend to use PINE as my LMS server, so any distro as basis is enough for me. No need for GUI even

I'm NOT an expert so probably I'm doing something trivially wrong

Task Bars not Visible
Posted by: irobot - 05-17-2016, 08:59 PM - Forum: Getting Started - Replies (4)

Running the Debian Jessie on Pine64 (512MB version).

Boots up fine, works very good except very top and bottom of display is cutoff. I cannot see the "taskbars".

I'm using a TV, straight into the HDMI input. I tried different view modes on the TV with no luck.

Any ideas?

Also, has anyone come up with a solution to the "blank screen with PC monitor" issue?

Corporate Responsiblity
Posted by: shouldhaveorderedaraspberrypi - 05-17-2016, 03:33 PM - Forum: General Discussion on PINE A64(+) - Replies (26)

Does PINE64 Inc. plan to make up for this mess?

How should PINE64 Inc. make up for the fact that they failed to fulfill their commitment to the community that funded this operation?

In my opinion, PINE64 Inc. should do more to foster a positive relationship with the community that funded their entry into the marketplace.

Question slow wired network
Posted by: bongo - 05-17-2016, 01:40 PM - Forum: Android on Pine A64(+) - Replies (3)

after having troubles with everything using network access, i tested network speed of my pine 64 2GB.
on a 50Mb/5Mb connection, which works fine for other devices, my pine cannot get more throughput than 440kb/3kb.
is this usual behaviour or is something wrong with my pine? (i'm running the android 20160505 8GB DD image)

Andromium OS
Posted by: dr4x0n - 05-17-2016, 12:40 PM - Forum: Android on Pine A64(+) - Replies (3)

Hey Guys,

I actually backed this Kickstarter last year and it didn't make its funding, but they went ahead with developing the OS. I managed to get the Androimium OS Beta to run on the latest Android image. Anyone else try this? 

Its in the Play Store, but wont install since it says Pine64 is not compatible. 

Here's the APK.

http://apk-dl.com/andromium-os

Check it out.