Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,529
» Latest member: haddock
» Forum threads: 15,853
» Forum posts: 115,339

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Some Suspense.... Camerra...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
Yesterday, 03:28 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 70
July 1 upgrade of Mobian ...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Software
Last Post: mburns
09-26-2024, 09:56 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 752
desktop and lockscreen
Last Post: biketool
09-25-2024, 05:11 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 67
No HDMI Video - Anything ...
Forum: General Discussion on ROCKPRO64
Last Post: angrymallard
09-25-2024, 04:58 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 48
2024 Sep 21 - PinePhonePr...
Forum: General Discussion of PinePhone Pro
Last Post: biketool
09-25-2024, 04:16 AM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 2,348
bookworm vs trixie discus...
Last Post: zetabeta
09-25-2024, 12:41 AM
» Replies: 36
» Views: 6,653
Can't install some softwa...
Forum: General Discussion on PineTab
Last Post: mikehenson
09-24-2024, 07:49 AM
» Views: 155
Testing Some More Games o...
Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook Pro
Last Post: pigkang
09-24-2024, 01:43 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 3,451
Pinetab 2 Not Powering On...
Forum: General
Last Post: dachalife
09-23-2024, 12:00 PM
» Views: 160
Developing on Mac (M3)
Forum: Development Discussion on PineTime
Last Post: oksalahti
09-23-2024, 01:27 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 89

Pd-extended or Pd-L2ork on Debian/Pine64 ?
Posted by: chuckinweb - 05-21-2016, 09:26 AM - Forum: Debian - No Replies

Hi everyone !

I've got an issue. I created a puredata patch on my old Raspberry pi with pd-extended but i can't figure out how to make it work on Pine64 /Debian.

Even if i download all the available puredata libraries in Synaptic, there s still objects that are missing. This happens because i cannot install pd-extended on debian (maybe a matter linked to the cpu architecture).

Have you ever did it ? Is there any way to get my patch back ?

Thank you in advance !

Question Move root file system to usb drive?
Posted by: monty - 05-21-2016, 09:07 AM - Forum: Linux on Pine A64(+) - Replies (7)

I've spent a while searching but haven't found anything yet. I'd like to use a usb flash drive to run the board from and not an sd card.
I had a quick look at the boot partition, but nothing jumped out as to how to achieve this.

Anyone done this yet?

Thanks.

Question LXDE refusing default password
Posted by: pelgrim - 05-21-2016, 03:36 AM - Forum: Ubuntu - Replies (1)

I installed to Ubuntu image provided here on the forum.
Works out of the box.
Default:
User ubuntu
Password ubuntu

I leave this for the moment to make life easy.

Installed lxde.
The login screen refuses my password for user ubuntu (there is only one user)
When going back to command line, I can login with ubuntu.

How do I solve this ?

OK, problem is solved.

I had to options to login: Openbox and LXDE
Openbox worked.
After logout, LXDE worked also.

It's a mystery to me how this is possible,
I think I tried first with LXDE about 20 times with the ubuntu password,
it seems it needed a "kick" from Openbox to work ?

Working Android
Posted by: Bumlock - 05-20-2016, 06:35 PM - Forum: Android on Pine A64(+) - Replies (1)

I do not know why but I have tried every version of Android listed in the wiki, and none of them will work on my Pine.  I have the 64+ 1GB board.  I can get Android to boot.  I can connect the wifi and get to the internet.  And that is it. 

The Play Store crashes every time I attempt to use it.  Normally I can click 3 to 5 times and as soon as I attempt to download an app, it stops responding then just closes.  If I try it after the first crash, it will just shut down immediately with the first thing I click. 

So I have downloaded the APK file for a couple different apps.  I can attach a USB stick, ES File opens it up.  But when I attempt to install any of the APK files, the installation fails.

Does anyone know where I can find an Android image that actually allows me to install apps?

Charged, but no info?
Posted by: mesaxi - 05-20-2016, 04:52 PM - Forum: Shipment Related Discussion - Replies (2)

March backer here.

I filled out the survey when they were first sent out and was told my card wouldn't be charged until the lockout date. The backerkit website finally charged my card two weeks ago which I assumed meant my shipment would be coming, but I haven't heard anything since. For people who have received their shipments, how long did it take after you were charged? Should I be expecting tracking info or something?

Thanks

Enable Touchscreen
Posted by: fsa317 - 05-20-2016, 02:12 PM - Forum: Android on Pine A64(+) - Replies (1)

Hi, I got a used Dell 2014tt touchscreen.  What do I need to do to enable it to be used with Android/Pine64?  I've got the HDMI and USB connected but no luck.

Sad just trying to play a youtube video
Posted by: galbez - 05-20-2016, 02:11 PM - Forum: Getting Started - Replies (6)

hey

so a reminder:
I successfully managed to boot and start up my 512MB DDR pine64 with Debian, the internet connection via wifi works fine.
obviously as a pilot test I wanted to watch a youtube video, but it takes forever even start playing it - iceweasel soon gets stucked, pops out a script error and I must close the browser.

I know that the 512MB is the most basic model, but come on - it can't even run a youtube video?

is there something i can actually do? higher voltage on the power supply (now it's a 2.1A 5V)? using another app or browser (though even Kodi runs slowly)?

really hope theres another solution rather than spending extra money on the pine64+ or, god forbid, rasp pi...

thanks in advance...

Information KODI (XBMC)
Posted by: green176 - 05-20-2016, 10:23 AM - Forum: Ubuntu - Replies (3)

Hello everybody!
I want to use KODI on my pine as a media player, but KODI is very laggy. Are there any options for its setting? I have pine with 1Gb ram

Big Grin Funny ! Support Intel x86 linux applications on ARM-based ( PINE64 ) not freeware
Posted by: joe - 05-20-2016, 09:26 AM - Forum: Linux on Pine A64(+) - Replies (10)

Find Other --->  Eltechs ExaGear Desktop for ARMv8 devices

https://eltechs.com/product/exagear-desk...nd-prices/

Question Wake on LAN (WOL)
Posted by: Tarjei85 - 05-20-2016, 09:12 AM - Forum: Android on Pine A64(+) - Replies (2)

Hi has any one tried to setup WOL on the pine running android? Is it even possible?
I'm having problems with the pine shutting completely down (or at least to the point where it dont respond to anything) when short-pressing the powerbutton.

What about Wake On Bluetooth (if there is such a thing). Would that be possible?