Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,529
» Latest member: haddock
» Forum threads: 15,853
» Forum posts: 115,339

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Some Suspense.... Camerra...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
Yesterday, 03:28 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 71
July 1 upgrade of Mobian ...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Software
Last Post: mburns
09-26-2024, 09:56 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 752
desktop and lockscreen
Last Post: biketool
09-25-2024, 05:11 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 67
No HDMI Video - Anything ...
Forum: General Discussion on ROCKPRO64
Last Post: angrymallard
09-25-2024, 04:58 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 48
2024 Sep 21 - PinePhonePr...
Forum: General Discussion of PinePhone Pro
Last Post: biketool
09-25-2024, 04:16 AM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 2,348
bookworm vs trixie discus...
Last Post: zetabeta
09-25-2024, 12:41 AM
» Replies: 36
» Views: 6,653
Can't install some softwa...
Forum: General Discussion on PineTab
Last Post: mikehenson
09-24-2024, 07:49 AM
» Views: 156
Testing Some More Games o...
Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook Pro
Last Post: pigkang
09-24-2024, 01:43 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 3,452
Pinetab 2 Not Powering On...
Forum: General
Last Post: dachalife
09-23-2024, 12:00 PM
» Views: 161
Developing on Mac (M3)
Forum: Development Discussion on PineTime
Last Post: oksalahti
09-23-2024, 01:27 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 89

GPU support?
Posted by: adamw - 05-23-2016, 06:33 AM - Forum: Ubuntu - Replies (15)

I'm using longsleep's latest kernel (as of 5/22), and wondering how I can check if SDL and/or SFML are using the GPU.
I'm drawing three 300x300 sprites, and rotating 2 of them.

This takes 94% of the CPU, and only updates around 1 fps.
I've tried both SDL and SFML, with similar results.
If the GPU were being utilized, I'd think the performance would be much better.

One clue I've found is that SFML complains that "setting vertical sync" is not supported.

Any ideas on:
- how I can check if the GPU is being used?
- how to enable if it's not?

Thanks for your support

android adb support
Posted by: chong - 05-23-2016, 03:23 AM - Forum: Android on Pine A64(+) - Replies (5)

Why i can't access pine64 with adb like other android devices?

i flashed img http://wiki.pine64.org/index.php/Pine_A6...e_20160419.

Audio from Headphone Jack and Camera Issue
Posted by: cybernak - 05-23-2016, 01:05 AM - Forum: Android on Pine A64(+) - Replies (1)

Hi

I'm trying to get the audio out from the analog headphone jack instead of HDMI audio but the Android OS (vers 5.1.1 20160505) doesn't seem to detect any 3.5mm I've plugged in. I've tried it different earbuds but with no success. I've also tested with both the phoenix image and the dd images available for download from the wiki. 

Another issue I'm facing is the Pine64 5M pixel camera module. According to this thread posted earlier, it mentioned that android would have been able to detect the camera module automatically. With the camera module connected, the camera app shows up black and then goes back to the home screen. Without the module connected, the app would prompt a "camera has stopped" message. I've inserted the camera module with the metal contacts on the flex cable facing the board (downwards). 

How could I go on to troubleshoot both issues?

Setup:
Pine64+ 2GB board
Sandisk UHS-I Class 10 32GB
The headphone jack is working as I've tried it with the Debian OS with modifications done to enable the analog jack.
I am using a 2mA power supply connected through the micro usb.
Ethernet and wifi/bt module were both connected. 

Thanks in advance! 

Lazarus and GPIO
Posted by: gbestwick - 05-22-2016, 08:51 PM - Forum: Linux on Pine A64(+) - No Replies

Hello all!

While I'm quite an experienced programmer in certain regards, I've never dabbled in the world of SOC's, Linux IO.

My main programming environment is Delphi, and by extension Lazarus.

I have piddled with the Pi in the past, but, actually programming on it is atrocious as running Lazarus on it is slower than molasses uphill in January. I installed Lazarus on the Ubuntu image and it was reasonably quick and quite functional.

Now, the part that I'm really interested in is GPIO. There is a lot of stuff that I can use in Lazarus for GPIO on the Pi, but I don't know what to do with the Pine.

I'm afraid I'm not experienced enough to make my own Libraries/Units for GPIO on this.

Is anyone else working on this? I don't mind learning how this works so I can help write units.

Cancel my order & give me a refund please
Posted by: RichT - 05-22-2016, 12:02 PM - Forum: General Discussion on PINE A64(+) - Replies (53)

I was really hoping that it wouldn't come to this, but Pine, I want my money back.

• I made payment on 10th March.

• Since that time your communication has been minimal. I have received your general updates that you've sent to Kickstarter backers, but nothing specific to me or my order.

• On 4th May I emailed you directly asking for more information on when I could expect my order. After receiving no response after a couple of days I asked if it was possible to cancel my order. I finally received a response on the 9th of May saying that there had been a "slight delay in orders shipping out" and my order "will be in a batch that will begin shipping out in about 3-4 weeks", and a follow-up to this on the 10th of May stating simply "at this stage we cannot cancel your order and issue a refund", and apologising for the inconvenience.

• I responded to this refusal to cancel my order immediately, outlining my position and requesting further information. At the time of writing this forum post, 12 days later, I have yet to receive a response or this fabled shipping notification.

• 74 days after I issued payment, I have not received any concrete delivery information, and my emails to your support representatives are apparently being ignored.

Let me make this clear. You have not provided me with adequate information or justification for why I have not received something I paid for two-and-a-half months ago, but you have refused to cancel my order and provide me with a refund. I do not regard this as acceptable. If I do not hear from you by Wednesday I will instruct my bank to recover my money from you.

Bug HDMI output problem
Posted by: Tarjei85 - 05-22-2016, 11:43 AM - Forum: Android on Pine A64(+) - Replies (9)

I found a weird problem that occurs when starting my Pine.

When I plug in the power i don't get any input on my TV.
To get the image showing I need to disconnect the HDMI cable and reinsert it (hotswap).
I have red in another thread here that hot swapping is NOT recommended with the Pine.

I have tried choosing another input on the TV and than back to the Pine, but this doesn't help. 

Anyone else having this issue?

My setup is Pine A64+ 2Gb running Android 5.1.1 (Rooted) build 20160505

If anyone have a fix for this that would be nice. Or maybe I'll just have to wait for the next build to see if its fixed then.

How can I change the screen resolution?
Posted by: miffy_bf - 05-22-2016, 10:14 AM - Forum: Debian - Replies (5)

Hi,

I am trying to change the screen resolution at "System->Preferences->Monitor" but the Resolution tap only have a single option of 1280x720. May I know how can I change it?

Thanks
James

Question Handbrake settings for video conversion on Ubuntu Xenial
Posted by: pelgrim - 05-22-2016, 03:09 AM - Forum: Ubuntu - Replies (4)

Running the Ubuntu Xenial Image on the Pine64, 2 Gb.

I tried to play a video file that I normally use for USB stick on a smart tv, full hd.
With the current configuration and used codex it's too slow to process, the video and audio plays is tiny fractions.
Player: VLC.

So the question: can I get the right settings in Handbrake to convert videos so they can be played on Pine64/Ubuntu, in full hd ?

I currently use:
Video Encoder: H.264(x264)
Framerate: 23.976
Constant Framerate, Constant Quality, RF: 20
Storage Geometry: 1280 x 1080

HDMI to RCA for connecting CRT type TV
Posted by: desai_amogh - 05-22-2016, 12:52 AM - Forum: POT modules - Replies (1)

Hi, 

What kind of HDMI to RCA connector or converter will be needed to connect an okd CRT type tv to the pine64? 

TV has a yellow video connector and 2 audio connectors white and red.  Check picture attached.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Manual to Compile Android for PINE46
Posted by: lvcargnini - 05-21-2016, 10:03 PM - Forum: Android on Pine A64(+) - Replies (26)

Anyone, 

Could please provide the steps to compile an Android image for PINE64. I would like to start working in the latest Android image, specially targeting the AndroidTV build for the PINE64.

This thread could be used to aggregate the steps-by-steps later.

Provisioning to add possible steps here later, so no one needs to hunt multiple pages of messages.