Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,113
» Latest member: joe1
» Forum threads: 15,684
» Forum posts: 114,555

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
bookworm vs trixie discus...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Software
Last Post: diederik
13 minutes ago
» Replies: 16
» Views: 1,934
Firefox does not work on ...
Forum: PostmarketOS on PinePhone
Last Post: joe1
5 hours ago
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
emmc speed via usb?
Forum: PinePhone Hardware
Last Post: joe1
5 hours ago
» Views: 1
cable modem open source
Forum: General
Last Post: KC9UDX
6 hours ago
» Replies: 2
» Views: 42
Pinephone pro replacement...
Forum: General Discussion of PinePhone Pro
Last Post: Linuxuser3
Yesterday, 05:42 AM
» Views: 24
cable modem open source
Last Post: aular
04-26-2024, 09:22 PM
» Views: 33
Waydroid install instruct...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: zetabeta
04-26-2024, 04:56 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 54
Power off error message
Forum: PineTab Software
Last Post: moobythegoldensock
04-26-2024, 10:18 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 85
google will take control ...
Last Post: zetabeta
04-26-2024, 09:48 AM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 1,232
Help needed to understand...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: jojuma
04-26-2024, 09:29 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 139

What's up with the Rockchip Open Source Wiki and main site?
Posted by: Tigger - 08-15-2018, 11:24 AM - Forum: General Discussion on ROCKPRO64 - Replies (4)

http://opensource.rock-chips.com
It's linked at the bottom of the RockPro64's Wiki page under "Other resources".

What's up with the Rockchip Open Source Wiki and main site?
Is it coming back ?

For over a week now, it's going from "Resolving host..." to "Connecting..." where it hangs for ages before giving up.
I can see Google Chrome retrying every so often because the circular throbber in the tab becomes active again.

OpenHABian install failing
Posted by: Prince3121 - 08-15-2018, 04:23 AM - Forum: openHAB - Replies (1)

Good Day all

I'm tried to install OpenHABian yesterday on my Pine64+, but on first boot, it hangs at the wlan detection phase. 

A few questions:
1. Can I comment (#) out the wlan ssid and wlan psk settings in the openhabian.conf file? 
2. Will this allow the OpenHABian install to find my ethernet network automatically? 
3. Or do I have to make other changes on first boot?

I have tried the OpenHAB documentation, but found no fixes, only not to, include the ssid and psk settings in the  config file, then it should automatically go to your wired network for setup. But in my case this fails.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanx.

Cool

Rock64 hangs without trace
Posted by: szus - 08-15-2018, 02:32 AM - Forum: General Discussion on ROCK64 - Replies (12)

I have bought rock64 4GB board bundle (with charger and sd card).
I've initially pushed bionic lxde (0.6.4) with Etcher.
It launched smoothly, I've tried to open Youtube with Firefox - and this was first hang.
Restart
Again - this time youtoube page showed - it died after 3 sec of playing,
In few tries I was able to get, at best, something like 30 sec of playing (more like slideshow not real playing, even though CPU usage was not 100%).

Since then I've tried:
strech minimal
bionic minimal
armbian
openelec
with different (mostly latest versions)

I've tried new charger.
I've tried some other sd cards (inc. Samsung Evo).

The best results came with OpenElec being able to play up to 7 minutes of video before hang.

kernel.log shows nothing, syslog, dmesg , Xorg.. no errors, well, once I had error about fs issues (not clean after one of hard restarts) so now I know that nor bionic either strech are able to run gparted - instant hang also.

Does anyone had seen such issue?
What should else could I try to figure out reason?

Photo Android Orientation
Posted by: bpalan - 08-15-2018, 12:03 AM - Forum: Android on RockPro64 - Replies (11)

I recently purchased a Rockpro64. Installed this Android Image. Android 7.1.2 Stock Image [microSD Boot] [20180515] found in the Wiki.
However, it is always on LandScape Mode. I have tried changing the HDMI Orientations, tried several Orientation apps. Always treating it as a landscape device. Could anyone shed light on this, please?

[Image: IMG_0260.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0259.jpg]

Yet another clusterboard enclosure
Posted by: dcdc - 08-14-2018, 09:15 PM - Forum: Clusterboard - Replies (4)

If you're looking for a clean/standard solution, this isn't it - just a fun presentation.

I threw this together mostly because the board was asking to have something dropped/spilled/shorted on it otherwise, and I wanted a somewhat durable/attractive way to show off it and whatever might be running on it. Found the case on Amazon and ended up having to Dremel out the center anchors for the lid, and I just epoxied the standoffs in place. Initially regretted using the Rustoleum spray paint I had around, but now I kind of like the effect with LEDs behind.

Plan is to use the spare Pi as a display head with the 7" LCD that's pretty terrible quality but actually fits inside over the Pi/module-free portion of the clusterboard.

[Image: W8sQ2XV.jpg?3]
[Image: eIa4q0g.gif]
This thing is a light show, I love it.

Pine A64-LTS is build-in wifi and bluetooth?
Posted by: lun167 - 08-14-2018, 05:19 AM - Forum: General Discussion on PINE A64-LTS / SOPINE - Replies (2)

Dear All,

Item (4) of PINE A64-LTS 's main page <-- https://www.pine64.org/?page_id=46823
show that there is 802.11BGN + bluetooth 4.0 including in the board.
But someone told me, I need to buy a "802.11BGN/BLUETOOTH 4.0 MODULE" separately.

The price of PINE A64-LTS ($32) is included "802.11BGN/BLUETOOTH 4.0 MODULE" or not?

Thanks a lot!

Arch Linux minimal image w/ full HDMI output support
Posted by: hiccupstix - 08-13-2018, 03:53 PM - Forum: Linux on Rock64 - Replies (1)

https://twitter.com/hiccupstix/status/10...06784?s=19

username: rock64
password: rock64

Just got a text notification from USPS that my RockPro64 arrived in the mail today, so tonight I'll finally have the opportunity to build some images for that as well. Anyway, please enjoy and feel free to provide feedback! [emoji111]️

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

If installing free software system which devices will not work?
Posted by: heocb - 08-13-2018, 02:40 PM - Forum: Linux on Rock64 - Replies (6)

If you install a debian free software system cf free software foundation what devices on the computer will
not work?
Thanks.

Autoplay on TV
Posted by: Maarten - 08-13-2018, 01:33 PM - Forum: General Discussion on PINE A64(+) - No Replies

Hi All, 

I'm quite new to pine and coding. Now I'm looking to make my pine A64 connected to my TV to play 4k video's by simply turning on the TV. (it's going to be at a display, where it has to be controlled by every noob). Can anyone help me out? Thnx!

bootlin creates free vpu software for the rock64?
Posted by: heocb - 08-13-2018, 11:39 AM - Forum: Linux on Rock64 - Replies (2)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/boo...nux-kernel

Does this get free vpu software for the rock64?
Thank you.