Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,160
» Latest member: deMangler
» Forum threads: 15,699
» Forum posts: 114,627

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Android Images (ROCK64)
Forum: Android on Rock64
Last Post: manf001
Yesterday, 03:57 PM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 169,822
eSIM on PinePhone
Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone
Last Post: bam
Yesterday, 03:41 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 2,654
New PineTab2
Forum: General Discussion on PineTab
Last Post: frtodd
Yesterday, 09:46 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 76
Calls: ALSA UCM config no...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Software
Last Post: alaraajavamma
Yesterday, 08:25 AM
» Views: 144
Anyone else having CPU ha...
Forum: General Discussion of PinePhone Pro
Last Post: KC9UDX
05-10-2024, 01:27 PM
» Views: 80
No wIfI after Mobian upda...
Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone
Last Post: 98cwitr
05-10-2024, 06:45 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 2,228
Android ( Stock or TV ver...
Forum: Android on Rock64
Last Post: Blackheat45
05-09-2024, 02:49 PM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 6,391
Where to find spare parts...
Forum: PinePhone Hardware
Last Post: mdk
05-09-2024, 02:12 PM
» Views: 90
bookworm vs trixie discus...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: anonymous
05-09-2024, 03:08 AM
» Replies: 26
» Views: 2,685
link for supported pineph...
Forum: Manjaro on PinePhone
Last Post: Eugo
05-09-2024, 03:02 AM
» Views: 314

Windows 10 on ARM
Posted by: Firesped - 08-22-2018, 06:30 AM - Forum: General Discussion on ROCKPRO64 - Replies (3)

I didn't even see this until today but I do understand why some would not like to go with Windows 10. It seems that Microsoft is working on a full version of windows 10 on arm/arm64 computers. People have even gotten it to work on the RPi 3b+, as sad as that is, very slow.

I'm setting up an ISO right now but not sure it will work.

downloaded the image. There is a utility they made to set it up for the RPi

you need a USB driver and a UEFI to set it up.

In theory, the USB driver the RPi is using might work already. The question then comes in to the UEFI file.

KDE Neon Pinebook remix edition RC image
Posted by: bshah - 08-22-2018, 02:04 AM - Forum: Linux on Pinebook - Replies (67)

Hello everyone!

I am excited to announce the KDE Neon Pinebook remix edition release candidate image.

https://dot.kde.org/2018/08/22/kde-plasm...p-pinebook

Image includes the,

• KDE Neon packages for Ubuntu bionic (18.04)
  • KDE Plasma 5.13.4
  • KDE Frameworks 5.49.0
  • Qt 5.11.1
  • Linux kernel 3.10.105-bsp-1.2
Initially username/password is live/live

You can download .img.gz from,

https://files.kde.org/neon/images/pinebo...0821-1118/

New image 20180917-1726:

https://files.kde.org/neon/images/pinebo...0917-1726/

There are several fixes included,
  • Resuming from sleep is fixed
  • Broken audio after resuming from sleep
  • Bluetooth
  • Palm rejection (Disable "touchpad" while typing)
  • Disable/enable speakers when plugging/unplugging headphones
  • Disable accidental zoom invocation when scrolling in firefox
Errata:
  • Lack of real suspend, I believe this is due to choice of driver we are using, and currently turning lid off puts device to sleep and not suspend like mate image.
  • Sleep inverts the brightness control, after waking up from sleep brightness control are inverted.
New release: https://files.kde.org/neon/images/pinebo...1028-1500/

Fixes included
  • Proper suspend support instead of just sleep
  • Fix for the inverted brightness after waking up from sleep/suspend
  • Support for 1080p 11' IPS LCD pinebook
Errata
  • kcminit process is crashing in background continuously
Looking forward to your feedback in comments section.

In general images are rolling model, so you can find most recent image from this URL: https://files.kde.org/neon/images/pinebook-remix-nonfree/useredition

[edit Luke]: For those of you looking for detailed instructions, please see this post further on in the thread.

Thanks.

Official build procedure of ayufan pine64
Posted by: r.tanaka - 08-21-2018, 10:54 PM - Forum: Linux on Pine A64(+) - No Replies

Hi

Is there an official build environment construction method and build procedure for the following Linux environment?
If not, please tell me.

https://github.com/ayufan-pine64/linux-build

Thank you.

How to change DSI setting value from DTS
Posted by: r.tanaka - 08-21-2018, 08:05 PM - Forum: Ubuntu - Replies (8)

Hi

I would like to customize DSI settings value (resolution, format, pouch etc.).
Therefore, I am planning to change the setting value from DTS.

Is there any document that describes how to change DTS and how to build it?
If it does not exist, I would like to know how to change DTS and build DTS.

The software and hardware used are as follows.
 software : https://github.com/ayufan-pine64/linux-build (xenial-minimal-pine64-bspkernel-0.7.19-118.img.xz)
 hardware : PINE A64+ 1GB

Thank you.

How to control the SOPINE UART and SPI pins as GPIO?
Posted by: Pine - 08-21-2018, 05:55 PM - Forum: General Discussion on PINE A64-LTS / SOPINE - Replies (1)

The StackOverflow community took a look at the schematic for the 20-pin header beside the SOPINE modules on the clusterboard and said that it should be possible to configure the SOPINE hardware to use the UART and SPI pins as GPIO. One user commented:

"Most MCUs and SoCs have multiple functions on each pin. The SPI 'pins' are just one of those alternative functions. As long as you're not using SPI, and don't have it configured, those pins are just plain GPIO pins"

I'd like one of them to operate a simple low-power LED that is either on or off, controlled by software, to indicate busy status (not if the board is powered on or off). Any ideas how to get started?

rock64 hdd from usb3.0
Posted by: baszek - 08-21-2018, 07:35 AM - Forum: General - Replies (4)

Hi, 
I would like to ask is it possible to power some HDD from USB 3.0 on Rock64 sbc ? 
I mean without external power - just from usb - probably it should run fine with some external enclosure and 2.5" 5400rpm HDD or SSD ?

Hardware issue overheating while booting and fail to boot
Posted by: DIDquest - 08-20-2018, 02:42 PM - Forum: General Discussion on ROCKPRO64 - Replies (13)

Short version:
A functional RockPro64 stopped working, and fails to boot. Clean Reinstall on SD card completed -- no effect, still cannot boot. If plugged in for more than 3-5 minutes the heatsink on the cpu will become noticeably hot to the touch (implying some sort of operation is being run on the cpu). The LED indicator is no longer coming on (i.e. the one that sits directly behind the reset button).

Longer version:
I originally had a RockPro64 that was functional. One day, after using it for a while (I was testing out vnc viewers), I left for a moment and when I returned the device was powered but the screen had shut off. I attempted to wake it (failed), tried to reboot it (failed), unplugged and waited a bit before plugging it back in, it still failed to boot. I then left it for a few minutes and when I came back, the heatsink on the CPU was hot to the touch (yet the LED indicator located behind the reset button which is usually on when the board is on, was off). I unplugged it to let it cool down. Once cool, I plugged it back in and tried to use both the reset button and the power button in an attempt to force the boot sequence to start. Neither produced any results. The board started to get hot again so I unplugged and decided to check the SD card. It seems to be undamaged (all my files were accessible so I was able to retrieve my files). Returned the SD card to the board and tried to boot again -- same result (overheating with a black screen-- no blinking cursor, nothing, I dont think the screen even recognized the input). I decided to bite the bullet and reburn a clean image of the linux distro onto it and try again. No issues during the burn process and I returned the SD card to the board and attempted to boot it). Exact same result -- no lights, no signals, but if you leave it for 5 minutes the heatsink will be hot. The only indication LED that is still on is the DCIN one.

I have tried different computer monitors, to no effect. I think it is also important to note that when the board was functioning normally, the heatsink would remain cool to the touch during the boot up process and even during light usage (i.e. writing some code). Something very abnormal has occured, and I think it is a hardware issue, but I am kind of stuck at this point.

Any insight into what I should attempt next would be appreciated (or confirmation that someone else as experienced something similar).

3D scanner
Posted by: Firesped - 08-20-2018, 01:03 PM - Forum: RockPro64 Projects, Ideas and Tutorials - No Replies

a kickstarter I backed long ago was the EORA 3D scanner. It took a long time to deliver and after it did I felt that it really needed a full fledged computer to be utilizing it versus a smart phone. It supports Android, however not as well as iOS. I am looking at using the RockPRO64 to make a device that can use the EORA 3D scanner. likely it will also need a robotic arm to hold the camera and scanner. in the past I found that the scanner and cameras needed to be leveled.

I needed to order some parts and saw the cameras were now available so I ordered 2 of those and some other parts. unfortunetly the main system seems to be currently out of stock though so that will have to wait.

Information Make Wiki Great Again
Posted by: Luke - 08-20-2018, 10:08 AM - Forum: General - Replies (19)

Hello.

I am here to ask for the community to help. In the past week some users have taken it upon themselves to contribute to RockPro64 section of the wiki and have done a much greater job that I could have hoped for. I am linking this section as I will refer back to it in this post since it has the preferred standard, content and structure.

But the RockPro64 is just one section out of 9 (not counting subsections) sections; it would be great to see more engagement in the remaining parts - especially from the regulars on the forum - who would ideally help in editing, contributing to, and maintaining the wiki. That said, every forum member with privileges to post un-moderated content on the forum is also allowed to edit the wiki.

To be more precise here is what needs to be done / what I'd like help with:

1. Update and improve the project section. Instructions regarding structure and contents of the section can be found at the top of the section. Help in this section would include: i) adding the RockPro64 and Pine H64 to the matrix ii) finding and adding projects that user have created in the past 6 months iii) helping maintain the section.
  2. Update the i) Rock64; ii) Pine A64; iii) Pine A64-LTS / SOPine; iv) Pine H64; and v) Pinebook sections. For inspiration and structure please look at what community has done with the on the aforementioned RockPro64 subsection of the wiki. I am aware that this is a significant task - each and single one of the main board sections would require a number of hours. If you're up for it, make sure to let me (and others) know so that workload can be divided up.
  3. Keep the build versions and links up-to-date - this goes for all PINE64 devices.
  4. Add new Linux, *BSD and Android builds for the respective devices. In short, if you see that a OS image has been pushed or a new one was made available then please update the wiki with it in the relevant section. New builds pop up everyday and developers don't always make us aware of their work. Sometimes we also miss their messages (this is just one recent example). Its impossible to follow all third-party development and always stay on-top of adding builds - help with this would be much appreciated.
  5. Update the NOOB section with information relevant to the PineH64 and RockPro64. This would include editing the wiki for instances where e.g. instructions for flashing list particular boards (currently neither are listed anywhere) or where board specific instructions are provided.
  6. Come up with a comprehensive idea for this section, develop it and help maintain it. 

If ~10 people decide to contribute and to coordinate the work then it will all be done within a couple of weeks. I am happy to help out in any way I can, so let me how I can be of help.
Lets us this thread for letting others know if you're interested and what you're interested in.
Thanks!

New RockPro64 4GB - No SD BOOT
Posted by: 2Play! - 08-20-2018, 05:15 AM - Forum: General Discussion on ROCKPRO64 - Replies (9)

I have got a RockPro64 straight form the factory mid /endJul second batch. It wont boot any of the images.
after burn I have 7 partition (5 unknown loader 1 & 2 etc)

[Image: 20180820_123151_Large.jpg]

Error
[Image: 20180818_003940_Large.jpg]

I have tested  2 diff sd pro cards, latest from wiki bionic, stretch no go.

Im booting from SD. Jumper J15 open should work since only SD card inserted to boot.
User etcher and w32.

What do you think?

Is it the board or something else wrong