Help: Pinebook Pro will not enter sleep [Manjaro 20.04]
In my experience, ONLY on SD, battery in s3 is ~7%/day
Maybe it is better on emmc, I can't imagine why
And, yes only a bsp uboot
Well, I tried flashing the mrfixit u-boot and hosed my system. On the first boot afterward I noticed some things were broken and there appeared to be disk corruption (files showing as ????????? when using ls), and when I tried rebooting it was stuck on the red light. But hey, now I know how to reflash back to stock from SD card, yay for me I guess.

I think I'll just leave it be.
Is there a clearly recommended fix for this? Also unable to suspend on current Manjaro ARM Plasma release; it has never worked for me. Guidance appreciated.
> Is there a clearly recommended fix for this?
For what?
If you are referring to the previous post, I think probably the dd command was wrong
uboot (and friends) should NOT be flashed to a partition, but the block device,,, ie
/dev/mmcblk2,,, NOT /dev/mmcblk2p1
If you run fdisk, you will see that the first 62500 sectors have no partition (manjaro),
only the mbr (sector0) and whatever uboot that is installed(and idbloader and maybe trust)
For that matter, only 1 uboot is needed, that 62500 sectors (except for mbr) could be blank
if there is a uboot somewhere else
For manjaro, 5.9 doesn't work, sleep.conf has to have SuspendState=mem in it
and, of course, a bsp uboot
Hi everyone one!

Relatively new to PBP.

Just to be sure what I understant here :

"uboot-pinebookpro-bsp" must be installed in place of "uboot-pinebookpro" as the U-BOOT bootloader to support S3 sleep?

Because I nuked by U-BOOT on my PBP and I had to reinstall the base image on Manjaro 20.10 and it come by default with "mainline" U-BOOT, not the BSP.

Last time I tried to install the BSP version (by using the instructions PACMAN showed me) I ended with an unbootbale PBP (still was able to boot from SD card so I reflashed everything).

So,
1) Must I use the BSP version for S3?
2) What are the exact comand to install it if required? The PacMan one or others?

Thanks!
(I deleted my previous post and re-did this one. Clearer)

Ok. Found partial answers. The instructions to install uboot-pinebookpro-bsp/uboot-pinebookpro from PACMAN are good.
But it seems to replace the extlinux.conf file so making a backup first and restoring the file after before rebooting is a must.

Now I can switch from the mainline and bsp version. Good.

Looks like the "mainline" version keep the power led red until the kernel boot so it help finding which one is installed.

I have edited the sleep.conf file and changed the parameters

Code:
SuspendState=freeze

to

Code:
SuspendState=mem

Now, when I put the computer un sleep mode, it just stay that way forever. I have to press the power button for 10 seconds and then reboot the laptop.

What did I do wrong?

Using Manjaro 20.10 btw.

Also, found out that the "mainline" version of u-boot alway boot from the eMMC. I have to keep the "bsp" version to be able to bood from SD card. Is it normal?

So, to resume, two questions:

1) With uboot-pinebookpro-bsp + "mem" settings in "sleep.conf", the computer don't resume from sleep. How to fix?
2) With uboot-pinebookpro (mainline), the computer can't boot from MicroSD anymore. BSP version can. Normal?

Thanks!
>What did I do wrong?
Unless you have right kernel, this is really quite common behavior, others than manjaro
uname -r ,,, almost certainly will be 5.9,x or 5.10.x
Enable AUR ( package repository), install downgrade ( a shell script ), then
linux-pinebookpro 5.8.x (downgrade linux)
s3 sleep also requires a bsp uboot too, mainline will not work
The over writing of extlinux.conf, without making an .old (as backup) is quite annoying
(12-29-2020, 10:51 PM)wdt Wrote: >What did I do wrong?
Unless you have right kernel, this is really quite common behavior, others than manjaro
uname -r  ,,, almost certainly will be 5.9,x or 5.10.x
Enable AUR ( package repository), install downgrade ( a shell script ), then
linux-pinebookpro  5.8.x  (downgrade linux)
s3 sleep also requires a bsp uboot too, mainline will not work
The over writing of extlinux.conf, without making an .old (as backup) is quite annoying

I have 5.9.13-1-MANJARO-ARM

so I have to downgrade the kernel for S3 to works?
Won't it automatically re-update after when using PACMAN ?

I have "uboot-pinebookpro-bsp" installed from PacMan. Is it OK ?
You can pin a version
I think it is 5.8.14 that I am using
The pinebookbsp is OK, a fork from mrfixit's bsp
Are we ever going to be able to upgrade past kernel 5.8.14 and still have working s3 sleep? I've pinned to 5.8.14 for now since every time I've upgraded to a new kernel suspend broke, but we are getting pretty far behind...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Debian on Pinebook Pro u974615 8 451 03-22-2024, 03:57 PM
Last Post: u974615
  Manjaro Sway Theme Broken Eighty8 1 171 03-08-2024, 08:41 AM
Last Post: tophneal
  Pinebook Pro upgrading from the factory image yamsoup 12 1,126 02-22-2024, 04:02 PM
Last Post: tllim
Question Manjaro with Full Disk Encryption and GRUB dumetrulo 1 1,610 02-02-2024, 02:45 AM
Last Post: frankkinney
  Manjaro network problem late 2023 acruhl 1 219 01-19-2024, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Help installing Manjaro on eMMC of Pinebook Pro pine4546464 4 1,921 12-13-2023, 07:22 PM
Last Post: trillobite
  Need Help Recovering Manjaro /boot Contents on Pinebook Pro calinb 6 1,981 12-11-2023, 03:47 AM
Last Post: calinb
  Gentoo on Pinebook Pro RELEASE jannik2099 54 86,676 12-08-2023, 11:25 PM
Last Post: tllim
  Manjaro 20.04 not loading from SD (with Manjaro on eMMC) zaius 1 295 12-07-2023, 03:11 PM
Last Post: wdt
  Boot Order in Pinebook Pro food 8 994 11-23-2023, 07:37 AM
Last Post: KC9UDX