Fn + F keys screwy for F9, F10, F11 and F12
Bug 
ANSI PBP, keyboard/touchpad firmware update applied. Using the Fn key with the keys on the top row, Esc through F8 seems fine:

Esc: Calls up the shutdown menu
F1: Brightness down
F2: Brightness up
F3: Seems to be the same as the Pine key? Presumably that's fine
F4: Mute
F5: Volume down
F6: Volume up
F7: Disables the trackpad
F8: Insert

However, F9 onwards seems wrong, both in what keycodes xev reports and in observed behaviour:

F9: Label says Print Screen, but instead Num_Lock
F10: Label says NumLK, but instead Scroll_Lock
F11: Label says ScrLK, but instead Pause
F12: Label says Pause Break, but instead Num_Lock

Other blue-label keys (ie. the numberpad keys, delete, home/end, page up/down) all seem to be mapped as expected.
I appear to have this same issue. Confirmed the outputs using xev and they're identical to what keiithzg reports.
Yeah, same here. Does anyone know if that's only for the ANSI or ISO also have incorrect mapping?
Have you changed the OS language to English US?

Quite a few ANSI users did not know that was needed. I've updated the Wiki section on Trackpad firmware update, to point that out.
--
Arwen Evenstar
Princess of Rivendale
(01-15-2020, 08:51 AM)Arwen Wrote: Have you changed the OS language to English US?

Quite a few ANSI users did not know that was needed. I've updated the Wiki section on Trackpad firmware update, to point that out.

Since we're talking about Fn + F[9-12] functionality it's more about firmware rather than keyboard layout. Correct me if I'm wrong here.
@agurenko, don't know, sorry. I have yet to find the time to really dig into my Pinebook Pro.
--
Arwen Evenstar
Princess of Rivendale
I've switched the keyboard language. But I believe this would be a firmware thing, not a layout thing, since we're talking about function keys (I could be wrong, though).

I'm specifically using French (Canada)/English (Canada) as my layout, but that's essentially the same as the US English layout.
Yeah, I'm using English (US) as my layout personally (a betrayal to Canada, but Tongue). And yeah, seems to be at a firmware level rather than a layout level anyways.
Another ANSI user here. I just performed the update and now have the same issue that has been reported here. The issue wasn't there before the update of the keyboard firmware. I followed these steps, so not the ones on github:
https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=8407

One thing I noticed during the software update: right after step 1, when the keyboard stopped working, there was a weird high-pitched noise coming from the Pinebook Pro. This sound stopped immediately after step 2. I'm pretty sure this isn't related but thought I would share it anyway.
Can confirm, same issue here. It happens on both UK and US layouts.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Some keyboard keys not working oddsocks 10 560 04-20-2021, 08:33 AM
Last Post: dsimic
  Keyboard - Some keys not working Christoph.Krn 1 1,101 08-27-2020, 07:15 PM
Last Post: rdmarsh
  Some keys have stopped working wsgts 1 1,029 04-07-2020, 06:24 AM
Last Post: wsgts
  Center touchpad under typing keys in future versions? Damon 3 1,638 03-21-2020, 02:01 PM
Last Post: Dendrocalamus64
  Keyboard keys rearrangable? the7thstranger 6 2,155 01-14-2020, 09:30 AM
Last Post: jackhumbert