! ! Pinebook Pro Parts ! ! * IMPORTANT *
Since a large percentage of Pinebook Pro owners will be opening up their laptops   and most of us multiple times.

There is one Little part we cannot do without.

The little heat transfer pad for the cpu  ! !

I am certain we cannot go without that,  BUT    I do not see it for sale at the store  ?

The first time I opened my PBP it was stuck to the case, the second time it was stuck to the cpu,

That shows me it is not permanently attached to ether.

I would really like to buy a few of those before something happens to the original or I lose it.

PLEASE

The importance of this should be listed in the wiki, without it your cpu will overheat Quickly the case IS your heat sink
   LINUX = CHOICES
   **BCnAZ**
          Idea
You can buy sheets of thermalpad at most electronics stores, just get one with about the same thickness
Come have a chat in the Pine A64 IRC channel >>
We probably need the size, (both flat measurements, and thickness), documented on the Wiki, under the disassembly section.

And it would be helpful to know the existing watt/m-k, in case we would like to match or upgrade that component during
replacement. Looking at an on-line retailer, these thermal pads can range from 6W/m-k to 35W/m-k. (The later being electrically
conductive as well, so precautions would need to be taken against short circuits.)
--
Arwen Evenstar
Princess of Rivendale
*  OK,  so if  someone with-in the company could give us some kind of specification  ?    *   Then we could purchase those locally....

AND  How about the 'spacers'  ?  I have not had any problems with re-using mine "yet"  Those  would be complex to duplicate easily.

BUT  I see some people have had broken ones, and losing them is also a possibility,  I would purchase a few for the "Just-in-case"  senerio.

.  I would prefer to not leave it open while waiting on parts.   Trying to Plan Ahead.
   LINUX = CHOICES
   **BCnAZ**
          Idea
(11-14-2019, 06:18 AM)Arwen Wrote: We probably need the size, (both flat measurements, and thickness), documented on the Wiki, under the disassembly section.

And it would be helpful to know the existing watt/m-k, in case we would like to match or upgrade that component during
replacement. Looking at an on-line retailer, these thermal pads can range from 6W/m-k to 35W/m-k. (The later being electrically
conductive as well, so precautions would need to be taken against short circuits.)

I added it to my ever-growing list...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Best Pinebook Pro power supply choice for Argentina LaCaradeculito 3 101 3 hours ago
Last Post: stealthbanana
Question High Pitch Noise Coming From Pinebook Pro Feakster 18 1,099 Yesterday, 08:09 AM
Last Post: sinistermrcream
  Pinebook Pro 'xtreme' bcnaz 34 1,699 Yesterday, 06:14 AM
Last Post: Arwen
  Pinebook Pro Initial Impressions kunger 246 35,987 12-10-2019, 03:00 PM
Last Post: Firestorm
  Pinebook Pro vs. Starlabs Star Lite Mk2 yangmusa 3 260 12-10-2019, 12:40 PM
Last Post: yangmusa
  Pinebook Pro ANSI keyboard - feedback please! Luke 40 4,953 12-09-2019, 07:34 PM
Last Post: ab1jx
  New Pinebook Pro for sale richfm 8 607 12-09-2019, 08:26 AM
Last Post: richfm
  Problem with launch Pinebook Pro Wawe 5 239 12-08-2019, 07:15 AM
Last Post: tophneal
  The Pinebook Pro Preorder System! fire219 367 29,123 12-07-2019, 02:36 PM
Last Post: koenigs
Thumbs Up Pinebook Pro Fingerprint Magnet neilman 28 1,359 12-04-2019, 10:13 PM
Last Post: Jeremiah Cornelius