! ! Pinebook Pro Parts ! ! * IMPORTANT *
Since a large percentage of Pinebook Pro owners will be opening up their laptops   and most of us multiple times.

There is one Little part we cannot do without.

The little heat transfer pad for the cpu  ! !

I am certain we cannot go without that,  BUT    I do not see it for sale at the store  ?

The first time I opened my PBP it was stuck to the case, the second time it was stuck to the cpu,

That shows me it is not permanently attached to ether.

I would really like to buy a few of those before something happens to the original or I lose it.

PLEASE

The importance of this should be listed in the wiki, without it your cpu will overheat Quickly the case IS your heat sink
--------------------------------

UPDATE:

It is estimated that Pinebook Pro ANSI keyboards will become available in the Pine Store as early as
     ...LATE FEBUARY  !

---------------------------------------------

These will be the complete assembly, keyboard, track pad, palmrest.
 That is how the assembly plant receives them,  as an assembly.
-------------------------------

Another item, That could prove helpful for Noobs  ( like me )

an SD card and a eMMC to USB adapter,  as a kit.      This could help many new users !

Many problems could be fixed more simply with these.

If this was posted in the Store just under the PBP posting ?  (as a kit)

Usually by the time they realize they may need it,
       they are already in trouble, with a new PBP sitting in front of them.

One of these kits would have been much more helpful to me
     Than the NVMe adapter I bought with my first PBP.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
You can buy sheets of thermalpad at most electronics stores, just get one with about the same thickness
Come have a chat in the Pine IRC channel >>
We probably need the size, (both flat measurements, and thickness), documented on the Wiki, under the disassembly section.

And it would be helpful to know the existing watt/m-k, in case we would like to match or upgrade that component during
replacement. Looking at an on-line retailer, these thermal pads can range from 6W/m-k to 35W/m-k. (The later being electrically
conductive as well, so precautions would need to be taken against short circuits.)
--
Arwen Evenstar
Princess of Rivendale
*  OK,  so if  someone with-in the company could give us some kind of specification  ?    *   Then we could purchase those locally....

AND  How about the 'spacers'  ?  I have not had any problems with re-using mine "yet"  Those  would be complex to duplicate easily.

BUT  I see some people have had broken ones, and losing them is also a possibility,  I would purchase a few for the "Just-in-case"  senerio.

.  I would prefer to not leave it open while waiting on parts.   Trying to Plan Ahead.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(11-14-2019, 06:18 AM)Arwen Wrote: We probably need the size, (both flat measurements, and thickness), documented on the Wiki, under the disassembly section.

And it would be helpful to know the existing watt/m-k, in case we would like to match or upgrade that component during
replacement. Looking at an on-line retailer, these thermal pads can range from 6W/m-k to 35W/m-k. (The later being electrically
conductive as well, so precautions would need to be taken against short circuits.)

I added it to my ever-growing list...
I'm still trying to get word back from the Info team on this subject. When I shipped back my defective board (due to flickering display), the thermal pad was seemingly affixed to it, so I didn't bother removing it. However, the replacement board that arrived did not have a thermal pad on it, so I'm currently idling around 62ºC and afraid to stress the PBP any further until I have a solution for the missing heatsink...
Gosh !
I do not think I would start up any cpu without cooling !
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
Has anyone measured their existing thermal pad at all to determine the thickness? The thickest I'm finding on retail sites is 1.5W/mK @ 4mm and 5mm thicknesses. 6W/mK are seemingly at a thickness of 1.5mm or less, which is certainly not enough to reach the bottom chassis of the enclosure... I did take pictures of my board before I sent it in for testing/replacement, and I can guesstimate it is likely a 4 or 5mm pad, but I'd rather have some assurance before I waste $10 on a guess.
I Saw that thread just today !
Where they were discussing that thermal pad.
Problem being I think it was a November post, so it may be buried a bit

Maybe someone would be so kind as to include that in the wiki under disassembling the PBP ?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will be openning my PBP in the next day (or) so, I will measure that while it is open and edit this post.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(01-12-2020, 01:26 PM)mattjb Wrote: I'm still trying to get word back from the Info team on this subject. When I shipped back my defective board (due to flickering display), the thermal pad was seemingly affixed to it, so I didn't bother removing it. However, the replacement board that arrived did not have a thermal pad on it, so I'm currently idling around 62ºC and afraid to stress the PBP any further until I have a solution for the missing heatsink...

(01-12-2020, 07:23 PM)mattjb Wrote: Has anyone measured their existing thermal pad at all to determine the thickness? The thickest I'm finding on retail sites is 1.5W/mK @ 4mm and 5mm thicknesses. 6W/mK are seemingly at a thickness of 1.5mm or less, which is certainly not enough to reach the bottom chassis of the enclosure... I did take pictures of my board before I sent it in for testing/replacement, and I can guesstimate it is likely a 4 or 5mm pad, but I'd rather have some assurance before I waste $10 on a guess.

Would it be possible to temporarily assemble it with a blob of BluTack in place of the pad, then dismantle it and measure the Blu Tack thickness?

Chris

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  looking to buy one pinebook pro (mainland China) duanduan 3 1,913 03-21-2024, 07:44 PM
Last Post: wangyukunshan
  Cellular module for Pinebook Pro Lotech 1 304 03-05-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: KC9UDX
  Screen on pinebook stays black but can ssh into machine tuxxpine 0 240 02-23-2024, 04:22 PM
Last Post: tuxxpine
  Sale my ANSI PineBook Pro cuthbertdavies 0 231 02-14-2024, 09:12 PM
Last Post: cuthbertdavies
  Compiling with -j6 on the Pinebook Pro (Overheat) KC9UDX 0 167 02-14-2024, 09:01 AM
Last Post: KC9UDX
  Pinebook Pro in EU for Sale - €90 jan_vdk 2 558 02-07-2024, 02:12 AM
Last Post: 23Ro
  Pinebook Pro for sale tomekdev 2 623 02-01-2024, 11:35 AM
Last Post: tomekdev
  Video Editing Is Possible On The PineBook Pro! ImmyChan 10 7,236 12-17-2023, 09:29 PM
Last Post: insideau786
  Brand new Pinebook Pro doesn't boot after Manjaro update johnboiles 8 2,001 12-15-2023, 02:11 PM
Last Post: wdt
  Happy eMMC and SDcard OS usage for Pinebook Pro Newbies... Paulie420 42 59,157 11-20-2023, 06:22 PM
Last Post: wdt