Manjaro ARM 19.12 Official Release - PineBook Pro
I haven't figured out to have have working sleep/suspend/hibernation yet. On version 20.02 KDE Plasma.

Also, curious on if the trackpad and keybinding firmware updates for pbp will be added into Manjaro ARM directly, or if we should manually install them.
There's a package for updating the keyboard, which I think is Ayufan's script.
pinebook-pro-keyboard-updater
Noob here...
Wanted to try Manjaro XFCE on my Pinebook so put an SD card in and "installed" 20.02. Works OK but it's running from the SD card.
How do I install it to the main 125 Gb memory?
(I'm confused about uBoot, emmc, etc.)

Anybody using dual monitors with Manjaro?
I have an external monitor connected through a USB-C adapter and this works fine with default sesame OS.
However, on Manjaro, it just mirrors the displays. It seems to think only one display is connected.
Manjaro has a separate emmc installer. mirroring is likely configurable. what program are you using to configure?
It just booted from the SD card. I'll have to see if I can find the emmc installer. However I don't have emmc, just the stock 125 gb mmc.

Using the Manjaro settings display manager.
(03-07-2020, 08:06 PM)mspohr Wrote: It just booted from the SD card. I'll have to see if I can find the emmc installer. However I don't have emmc, just the stock 125 gb mmc.

https://osdn.net/projects/manjaro-arm/st...e/20.02.1/

You can install emmc-installer img from this link. All you have to do it flash the img on the sd card, boot from that sd card and select the mmc partition when it runs the emmc-installer. It will flash the img from sd to emmc and then you can just reboot with sdcard removed from the pbp.

This will install Manjaro on eMMC and get you to the OEM installer screen to create user and password.
Manjaro ARM Team.
Devices: Pinebook Pro & PinePhone.
(03-08-2020, 04:56 AM)spikerguy Wrote:
(03-07-2020, 08:06 PM)mspohr Wrote: It just booted from the SD card. I'll have to see if I can find the emmc installer. However I don't have emmc, just the stock 125 gb mmc.

You can install emmc-installer img from this link. All you have to do it flash the img on the sd card, boot from that sd card and select the mmc partition when it runs the emmc-installer. It will flash the img from sd to emmc and then you can just reboot with sdcard removed from the pbp.

This will install Manjaro on eMMC and get you to the OEM installer screen to create user and password.

Thanks for this info. I'll try that. 
However, the problems with the display may mean that I can't use this distro. Won't recognize second display connected to USB-C adapter and it insists that my internal display is 1.9k x 1.1k giving me a fuzzy screen. No way to change this with the Settings/Display.
(USB-C display adapter works just fine with open sesame default distro.)
(03-08-2020, 11:59 AM)mspohr Wrote:
(03-08-2020, 04:56 AM)spikerguy Wrote:

Thanks for this info. I'll try that. 
However, the problems with the display may mean that I can't use this distro. Won't recognize second display connected to USB-C adapter and it insists that my internal display is 1.9k x 1.1k giving me a fuzzy screen. No way to change this with the Settings/Display.
(USB-C display adapter works just fine with open sesame default distro.)

Umm - the internal display is native Full-HD AKA 1920x1080 so info describing as "1.9k x 1.1k" would be a rounding version of Full HD - absolutely correct.

When the external display is mirroring the internal one and can be set to Full-HD also then that will be the same resolution.
I did notice that on the default fbturbo display drivers it was only possible to mirror the display, with mesa-git (aka panfrost) there were more graphics options but i'm not using that for other reasons.
Just did the updates to the system and now things are really dark, can’t read a thing... Might have to plug the power in.... Hope that fixes it!

(03-13-2020, 07:45 PM)crocky Wrote: Just did the updates to the system and now things are really dark, can’t read a thing... Might have to plug the power in.... Hope that fixes it!

That did not do any good...

The capital M that first appears on the screen is bright for a split second then it goes very dull.. At the login screen it is very faint and I can’t read it...  Huh
crocky

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Debian on Pinebook Pro u974615 7 1,058 03-31-2024, 10:11 AM
Last Post: u974615
  Manjaro Sway Theme Broken Eighty8 1 290 03-08-2024, 08:41 AM
Last Post: tophneal
  Pinebook Pro upgrading from the factory image yamsoup 12 1,617 02-22-2024, 04:02 PM
Last Post: tllim
Question Manjaro with Full Disk Encryption and GRUB dumetrulo 1 1,765 02-02-2024, 02:45 AM
Last Post: frankkinney
  Manjaro network problem late 2023 acruhl 1 337 01-19-2024, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Help installing Manjaro on eMMC of Pinebook Pro pine4546464 4 2,161 12-13-2023, 07:22 PM
Last Post: trillobite
  Need Help Recovering Manjaro /boot Contents on Pinebook Pro calinb 6 2,237 12-11-2023, 03:47 AM
Last Post: calinb
  Gentoo on Pinebook Pro RELEASE jannik2099 54 89,090 12-08-2023, 11:25 PM
Last Post: tllim
  Manjaro 20.04 not loading from SD (with Manjaro on eMMC) zaius 1 415 12-07-2023, 03:11 PM
Last Post: wdt
  Boot Order in Pinebook Pro food 8 1,250 11-23-2023, 07:37 AM
Last Post: KC9UDX