Manjaro ARM 19.12 Official Release - PineBook Pro
(02-24-2020, 03:34 PM)spikerguy Wrote: The uboot-pinebookpro have mainline uboot and you flashed it. So now you have mainline uboot on ur Manjaro installation.  

I had planned to make uboot-pinebookpro-bsp but didn't get time today.  Will get it ready tomorrow and push it to unstable, so users can move to bsp uboot and have suspend.

Most users wanted mainline uboot so we made mainline uboot as default.

@wdt
If suspend is working for you then that means you have bsp uboot on ur sd card.  And yes emmc looks for boot script on sd card and hands over to sd card to follow the boot process.

If we do a clean install of the new Manjaro ARM 20.02 release, we get the mainline uboot?

Thanks for taking the time to upload the bsp uboot!

Edit: When you upload the package, do we have to add the unstable repositories to get the bsp uboot or it will eventually be pushed to stable?
Ok...I am a relative noob and need some clarification. I went through the procedure of installing a modified U-Boot onto the eMMC so that I could boot off of the NVME drive. Could someone please give me the steps necessary to install the Uboot onto the Emmc that will enable NVME boot and suspend to ram?

Thanks!
-Josh
@spikerguy
>If suspend is working for you then that means you have bsp uboot on ur sd card. And yes emmc looks for boot script on sd card and hands over to sd card to follow the boot process

This is not so clear, I think you are saying emmc-uboot ->SD boot.scr ,, ignores SD uboot?
Sooo,, I sometimes wonder how senile I am getting, I really don't remember flashing uboot update
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 158899 Jan 20 00:02 idbloader.img
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 845384 Jan 20 00:02 u-boot.itb
And I certainly didn't save 1st 16M,, oops looking at fdisk, 1st 30M (sector 62500)
(just in case didn't work, easy to blow back)
So, curious, got to check, damn,, seek and calculations (assuming dd default bs=512)
........... of=idb.old skip=64 count=311 (file size/512, round up)
...........of=uboot.old skip=16384 count=1652
and then cmp and diff (with new, jan20)
Not the same,, idb same until 507 (line?), uboot right from very beginning
uboot.old starts "LOADER" (could it be a different location? --between old and new)
this is quite odd, sleep works fine, I don't see how it could be better
The image that I started with is dated Jan 9
--edit-- just to be clear, stock on emmc, manjaro on SD
So, I should flash a new install on the eMMC, then change the boot to boot.old and everything should be working?
Suspend/sleep seems somewhat unclear right now
On manjaro forum Strit? (IIRR) said kernel has to do with s2idle
(5.5.0-3-1 or higher)
I'm guessing that u-boot has to do with s3idle
If it is on the same device, so that the partition table is unchanged,
a suitably sized block write is easiest, usually 1st 16M
(then you don't have to save/restore mbr, sector 0)
But what to start with? Or what to restore? It is all very unclear
All I can say is what I have does 5-6%/day, idbloader and uboot from Jan9 image

I only bothered with CHECKING, the post above because
my mother had alzhiemers, I am quite paranoid about mental lapses
(02-24-2020, 03:34 PM)spikerguy Wrote:
(02-24-2020, 05:46 AM)slyecho Wrote:
(02-23-2020, 04:10 AM)spikerguy Wrote: For those have issues with Suspend, I assume you're using Mainline uboot which does not include Rockchip blobs which are required for suspend to work. 

I will try to make a package with the BSP u-boot where you can just install and dd it to the partition.

Are those in the uboot-pinebookpro package, because I just ran the dd commands that it prints on installing and now suspend is unrecoverable. I can't wake up in any way I can think of. Also, power led still stays green and not red, like the stock Debian.

The uboot-pinebookpro have mainline uboot and you flashed it. So now you have mainline uboot on ur Manjaro installation.  

I had planned to make uboot-pinebookpro-bsp but didn't get time today.  Will get it ready tomorrow and push it to unstable, so users can move to bsp uboot and have suspend.

@wdt
If suspend is working for you then that means you have bsp uboot on ur sd card.  And yes emmc looks for boot script on sd card and hands over to sd card to follow the boot process.

So does the default installation not contain the binary blobs necessary for suspend/resume?

Will mainline uboot ever support suspend/resume?
(03-01-2020, 07:16 AM)Feakster Wrote:
(02-24-2020, 03:34 PM)spikerguy Wrote:
(02-24-2020, 05:46 AM)slyecho Wrote:
(02-23-2020, 04:10 AM)spikerguy Wrote: For those have issues with Suspend, I assume you're using Mainline uboot which does not include Rockchip blobs which are required for suspend to work. 

I will try to make a package with the BSP u-boot where you can just install and dd it to the partition.

Are those in the uboot-pinebookpro package, because I just ran the dd commands that it prints on installing and now suspend is unrecoverable. I can't wake up in any way I can think of. Also, power led still stays green and not red, like the stock Debian.

The uboot-pinebookpro have mainline uboot and you flashed it. So now you have mainline uboot on ur Manjaro installation.  

@wdt

So does the default installation not contain the binary blobs necessary for suspend/resume?

Will mainline uboot ever support suspend/resume?
Yes the current Mainline uBoot doesn't contain any blobs. 

And Yes there is work going on to add suspend to main ine uboot, but no one knows when it will be ready.
Manjaro ARM Team.
Devices: Pinebook Pro & PinePhone.
I think that the confusion is partly about whether it is S2 or S3 sleep
For me . S2 sleep is perfectly satisfactory ,, 5%/day
This is with 19.12 kde image, jan9, uboot unchanged
(I think, don't know for sure,, there is an update uboot and idbloader in /boot never manually applied)
Here i have Manjaro 20.02 KDE Plasma default install, and S2 sleep seems configured, but if I leave pbpro over night fully charged, and send it with On/Off button to sleep, i find it in the Morning without possibility to power on, need to charge a bit to power it on.

Is there way to set what to do on Lid close/open, and to turn off LCD when inactive but not send to stand by (let say ssh connection)
lid and other events are configured in /etc/systemd/ -- see logind.conf and sleep.conf

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Debian on Pinebook Pro u974615 7 1,006 03-31-2024, 10:11 AM
Last Post: u974615
  Manjaro Sway Theme Broken Eighty8 1 280 03-08-2024, 08:41 AM
Last Post: tophneal
  Pinebook Pro upgrading from the factory image yamsoup 12 1,577 02-22-2024, 04:02 PM
Last Post: tllim
Question Manjaro with Full Disk Encryption and GRUB dumetrulo 1 1,754 02-02-2024, 02:45 AM
Last Post: frankkinney
  Manjaro network problem late 2023 acruhl 1 328 01-19-2024, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Help installing Manjaro on eMMC of Pinebook Pro pine4546464 4 2,141 12-13-2023, 07:22 PM
Last Post: trillobite
  Need Help Recovering Manjaro /boot Contents on Pinebook Pro calinb 6 2,217 12-11-2023, 03:47 AM
Last Post: calinb
  Gentoo on Pinebook Pro RELEASE jannik2099 54 88,631 12-08-2023, 11:25 PM
Last Post: tllim
  Manjaro 20.04 not loading from SD (with Manjaro on eMMC) zaius 1 406 12-07-2023, 03:11 PM
Last Post: wdt
  Boot Order in Pinebook Pro food 8 1,230 11-23-2023, 07:37 AM
Last Post: KC9UDX