Manjaro ARM 19.12 Official Release - PineBook Pro
I haven't updated yet and I think I will wait until the storm passes on Arch Arm side of the qt libs (maybe on Tuesday or Wednesday -must resist Syu)

On the bright side, this swarm of updates brought a nice fix. Telegram no longer crashes when viewing animated stickers with it's newest version 1.9.9-1 that was created on 2020.01.30.

Device: Pinebook Pro 128GB No:246 / MainOS: Manjaro ARM
Godot and Flutter - creating something can be fun with the right tools!
(01-25-2020, 03:18 PM)xmixahlx Wrote: suspend / resume is a known problem with tsys's patched mainline kernel.

if you have skills in this area please feel welcome to fix this!

I found it's fixed in the code commit of tsys on sleep issue released yesterday and suspend/resume working nicely now.

It's still cost 30% battery during the sleep of one night.
Whatever happened before and after the qt libs were updated, it reverted the behavior of Telegram-desktop - crashes again when it sees a sticker.
The solution kindly shared by @Icenowy  is still needed.

Here is a Telegram-desktop package using that method: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1kQ0rHT...V3u7DN3nQ7

PS: @icenowy are you the same user? Smile

(02-05-2020, 02:29 AM)keitheis Wrote:
(01-25-2020, 03:18 PM)xmixahlx Wrote: suspend / resume is a known problem with tsys's patched mainline kernel.

if you have skills in this area please feel welcome to fix this!

I found it's fixed in the code commit of tsys on sleep issue released yesterday and suspend/resume working nicely now.

It's still cost 30% battery during the sleep of one night.

i rebuilt a 5.5 kernel on debian sid arm64 and can confirm suspend works *better*. for instance, power connection doesn't wake. will test suspend + battery tonight.
I am not sure where I should post this ... possibly better on a Manjaro forum?

I installed the latest Manjaro, and it's updates a week or so ago, and love it .... lots of customization for the desktop, menus, etc.
I was intrigued with a package called notes-tree.  I tried installing from packman, and got an error:

curl: (22) The requested URL returned error: 404
==> ERROR: Failure while downloading https://bitbucket.org/baltic/notestree/d...1.0.tar.xz
    Aborting...

As the version was theoretically 1.1, I edited the PKGBUILD file to reflect ver 1.1, and, of course got a checksum error:

==> Making package: notes-tree 1.1-2 (Thu 06 Feb 2020 10:49:57 AM EST)
==> Checking runtime dependencies...
==> Checking buildtime dependencies...
==> Retrieving sources...
  -> Downloading notes-tree-1.1.tar.xz...
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
  0     0    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--     0
100  405k  100  405k    0     0   435k      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 1902k
==> Validating source files with sha256sums...
    notes-tree-1.1.tar.xz ... FAILED
==> ERROR: One or more files did not pass the validity check!

I got the same error from going to the download site and manually downloading/cuncompressing and attempting to install manually.

There appears to be a version number issue/typo somewhere?

Thanks in advance .... or point me to the right direction for follow up.
Dennis Hoshield
PBPro/ANSI/Manjaro
@dhosh you can either:
- replace the checksum with the one from the file you are expecting (sha265sum <file_name> )
- skip that checksum

The checksums are used to verify if the file was downloaded correctly.

Keeping pkgrel higher than the available on the repos, will let you keep your version without reinstalling or adding to ignored packages

Most things on my PBP Manjaro install work well.  Kudus to Manjaro!

I would like to make a small database, and already have LibreOffice installed, and could use Base.  It requires JRE, however, and I've not found one that will install without failing on dependencies.  Any suggestions?
Dennis Hoshield
PBPro/ANSI/Manjaro
Use OpenJDK 11 or OpenJDK13.
If you want to use JetBrains products like Intellij IDEA, PyCharm or Clion - use the versions from the AUR.

If you see Intellij version from 2018 - regenerate your pacman mirrors and sync again.
Strit removed those old versions (which rely on jdk 8 that's broken on aarch64 for whatever reason) some time ago.

Very good! The regenerating the mirrors must have done it, as I had tried the OpenJDK 11 and another, before, but was getting dwpendanxy errors... Where they weren't found and couldn't be installed. Just installed (didn't see OpenJDK 13 .... But this should work!

Thanks!
Dennis Hoshield
PBPro/ANSI/Manjaro
I'm still hoping for hibernate (suspend to disk) to start working. I've tried my own hand at it and even tried compiling the BSP kernel to try and get it working. Unfortunately, trying to use the BSP kernel lead me to a non-booting system (good thing I had backups), so I still haven't gotten there. I've gotten it to 'hibernate', but resuming doesn't seem to work. Anyone else have any work-arounds I could use (aside from using s2idle and the likes)?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Debian on Pinebook Pro u974615 7 1,042 03-31-2024, 10:11 AM
Last Post: u974615
  Manjaro Sway Theme Broken Eighty8 1 290 03-08-2024, 08:41 AM
Last Post: tophneal
  Pinebook Pro upgrading from the factory image yamsoup 12 1,616 02-22-2024, 04:02 PM
Last Post: tllim
Question Manjaro with Full Disk Encryption and GRUB dumetrulo 1 1,762 02-02-2024, 02:45 AM
Last Post: frankkinney
  Manjaro network problem late 2023 acruhl 1 336 01-19-2024, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Help installing Manjaro on eMMC of Pinebook Pro pine4546464 4 2,157 12-13-2023, 07:22 PM
Last Post: trillobite
  Need Help Recovering Manjaro /boot Contents on Pinebook Pro calinb 6 2,232 12-11-2023, 03:47 AM
Last Post: calinb
  Gentoo on Pinebook Pro RELEASE jannik2099 54 89,028 12-08-2023, 11:25 PM
Last Post: tllim
  Manjaro 20.04 not loading from SD (with Manjaro on eMMC) zaius 1 414 12-07-2023, 03:11 PM
Last Post: wdt
  Boot Order in Pinebook Pro food 8 1,249 11-23-2023, 07:37 AM
Last Post: KC9UDX