Pinebook pro (and other product) pre-order and sales stats?
Hey, 
This is my first post. I've been lurking for months but I finally signed up. Let me say I love how you guys run your business, really hacker friendly, reasonably priced and feature rich products, the pinebook pro is a model example and I couldn't find anything comparable for sale here in Canada unless I build my own rasp pi 4 b laptop or something.

Would it be possible to publish ongoing pre-order and fullfilled sales totals, at least for the pinebook pro but also possibly for all the pine products? I think it would be cool for the user community to see how many 'others' there are out there.

Obviously you'd have to caveat it with "this is no indication of personal order progress" or something like that, because I realize any time you do something nice "like the pre-july 1st discount" there are always those that complain. This would just be numbers to see how the community for each product is growing. Doesn't even have to be live or that accurate, maybe updated periodically by sales department would be sufficient.

I apologize if this question was answered elsewhere. I searched quite a bit and didn't find anything other than the initial 2 pre order batch sizes, which were filled within 2 minutes of the pre-order opening.

Thanks again, even if you can't provide this feature.
As of right now, 661 users have gone through the PBP preorder system. 100 of those have received their coupon codes, but I don't have the data for how many have completed their orders.
Community administrator and sysadmin for PINE64
(Translation: If something breaks on the website, forum, or chat network, I'm a good person to yell at about it)

>  Pinebook Pro Coupon Redemption
>  Sorry, you do not qualify for pre-order priority and eMMC upgrade.
How to get PinebookPro?

Sorry for stupid question, but what is a problem to take money in front and ask manufacturer to produce exact quantity?
(07-27-2019, 12:52 PM)ihor_horobets Wrote: >  Pinebook Pro Coupon Redemption
How to get PinebookPro?

Sorry for stupid question, but what is a problem to take money in front and ask manufacturer to produce exact quantity?

The first 1100 PBPs are for forum members registered before 1st of july, after that it'll be open to everyone.
(07-27-2019, 05:49 PM)evilbunny Wrote:
How to get PinebookPro?

The first 1100 PBPs are for forum members registered before 1st of july, after that it'll be open to everyone.

Nice. 
Can you say when it will be available for everyone? :3
(07-28-2019, 10:27 AM)ihor_horobets Wrote:
How to get PinebookPro?

Nice. 

We're still evaluating our options and determining when it would be best to open up public pre-orders.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

(07-28-2019, 04:28 PM)Luke Wrote:
How to get PinebookPro?

Nice. 

We're still evaluating our options and determining when it would be best to open up public pre-orders.

Hi

I'm new to the forum and registered a week ago. I'm very interested in getting one of these laptops. It's just what I'm looking for in terms of an open source option.

I didn't register before the 1st July deadline - but is there a way I can be notified when these laptops become available to other users?
(07-31-2019, 06:26 AM)ethelfrith Wrote: I'm new to the forum and registered a week ago. I'm very interested in getting one of these laptops. It's just what I'm looking for in terms of an open source option.

I didn't register before the 1st July deadline - but is there a way I can be notified when these laptops become available to other users?

You could always signup for the newsletter...

https://store.pine64.org/?page_id=638
(07-31-2019, 06:26 AM)ethelfrith Wrote:
(07-28-2019, 04:28 PM)Luke Wrote:
How to get PinebookPro?

Nice. 

Hi

I'm new to the forum and registered a week ago. I'm very interested in getting one of these laptops. It's just what I'm looking for in terms of an open source option.

It will be announced in the upcoming community news update due on August 5th
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

I have also signed up on the day the pre order system went live but haven't gotten any emails regarding whether I was successfully signed up. I'm not expecting to be able to pick one up on the first batch but I think an email just providing an update where we stand in the queue would have been good. All that aside, I'm very much looking forward to pick one of these up whenever I can.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  looking to buy one pinebook pro (mainland China) duanduan 3 1,916 03-21-2024, 07:44 PM
Last Post: wangyukunshan
  Cellular module for Pinebook Pro Lotech 1 305 03-05-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: KC9UDX
  Screen on pinebook stays black but can ssh into machine tuxxpine 0 240 02-23-2024, 04:22 PM
Last Post: tuxxpine
  Sale my ANSI PineBook Pro cuthbertdavies 0 231 02-14-2024, 09:12 PM
Last Post: cuthbertdavies
  Compiling with -j6 on the Pinebook Pro (Overheat) KC9UDX 0 168 02-14-2024, 09:01 AM
Last Post: KC9UDX
  Pinebook Pro in EU for Sale - €90 jan_vdk 2 558 02-07-2024, 02:12 AM
Last Post: 23Ro
  Pinebook Pro for sale tomekdev 2 623 02-01-2024, 11:35 AM
Last Post: tomekdev
  Video Editing Is Possible On The PineBook Pro! ImmyChan 10 7,240 12-17-2023, 09:29 PM
Last Post: insideau786
  Brand new Pinebook Pro doesn't boot after Manjaro update johnboiles 8 2,001 12-15-2023, 02:11 PM
Last Post: wdt
  Happy eMMC and SDcard OS usage for Pinebook Pro Newbies... Paulie420 42 59,163 11-20-2023, 06:22 PM
Last Post: wdt