openHAB Packaging for the Pine64
All,

Just to give you a brief summary of what we plan for the openHAB distribution:

We want to use Debian as a Linux distro together with Docker and deploy the openHAB 2 Docker container to it.
As a JVM, it will include OracleJDK 1.8 to have best stability and performance.

It should be noted that openHAB 2 is not yet final and as such there can be bugs and there is a very quick evolution of the code base.
Nonetheless, with all the new features that openHAB 2 brings, I am convinced that this is the better choice. I am planning to release a beta3 by end of April, which will then be the version for a first SD card image for the Pine64.

Best regards,
Kai
Excellent news kai. Look forward to seeing it in action on the BSP kernel Big Grin
If you like my work be sure to check out my site or wish to donate to the cause

Cheers Big Grin
You will find the automatically generated OpenHAB 2 Docker images here.

Code:
docker run -it --name openhab --net=host openhab/openhab:arm64-online server

starts OpenHAB 2 on the Pine64 in demo mode.
(03-31-2016, 02:17 PM)kai Wrote: All,

We want to use Debian as a Linux distro together with Docker and deploy the openHAB 2 Docker container to it.

It should be noted that openHAB 2 is not yet final and as such there can be bugs and there is a very quick evolution of the code base.
Nonetheless, with all the new features that openHAB 2 brings, I am convinced that this is the better choice. I am planning to release a beta3 by end of April, which will then be the version for a first SD card image for the Pine64.

Best regards,
Kai

Hi Kai
How's that Beta3 coming along?
Cheers
Greg
(05-01-2016, 08:53 PM)primesoftnz Wrote:
(03-31-2016, 02:17 PM)kai Wrote: All,

Best regards,
Kai

Hi Kai
How's that Beta3 coming along?
Cheers
Greg
Hi....can someone update this? wondering what happened to sd images?

Thanks!
Tedd
Actually, I have an oh2 docker conatiner running on OH2. It was no problem at all.
Host: Ubtuntu 20160502 by longsleep.

@kai Do you need anything? I can resize the root partition and make an image of the sd card if you need that.
Ok, finally here is some update: There were still some issues with the Docker image as well as with the Oracle 64-bit ARM jvm, so I reconsidered the sd card image and have now prepared an image with Ubuntu running 32-bit Oracle jvm and a "plain" (=extracted) openHAB 2.0 beta 3 installation.
The image will be available for download later this week and I will post a short description for it soon.
(05-23-2016, 12:43 AM)kai Wrote: Ok, finally here is some update: There were still some issues with the Docker image as well as with the Oracle 64-bit ARM jvm, so I reconsidered the sd card image and have now prepared an image with Ubuntu running 32-bit Oracle jvm and a "plain" (=extracted) openHAB 2.0 beta 3 installation.
The image will be available for download later this week and I will post a short description for it soon.

Where can i download the openHab install from ? expecting my Pine64 soon..

thanks
(06-08-2016, 12:39 PM)batrad Wrote:
(05-23-2016, 12:43 AM)kai Wrote: Ok, finally here is some update: There were still some issues with the Docker image as well as with the Oracle 64-bit ARM jvm, so I reconsidered the sd card image and have now prepared an image with Ubuntu running 32-bit Oracle jvm and a "plain" (=extracted) openHAB 2.0 beta 3 installation.

Where can i download the openHab install from ? expecting my Pine64 soon..

thanks

Already release at Pine64 wiki software download section. However, you need to agreed upon Oracle Java licensing agreement before able to proceed further.

Hi Kai,

Looks like the openhab/openhab:arm64-online docker image hosted on docker hub is using a HotSpot 64-bit Java VM.  Is there somewhere that we can get the new docker image that incorporates the 32-bit Oracle JVM?

Reason I ask is that I jumped the gun and two days ago spent some hours getting openhab running on the most recent longsleep kernel in a non-headless config.  I'd like to just update the docker image to your most recent one instead of moving to the headless system.

Also, wondering if you have any guesses how far away zwave compatibility is.  Thanks!  Big openhab fan!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  openHABian for pine64 available dmcwhinnie 5 12,199 12-20-2017, 10:38 PM
Last Post: pineadmin
  Pine A64 + OpenHAB + Sonoff-pow: Would it Work? Bob123456789 6 10,931 05-31-2017, 02:54 PM
Last Post: Bob123456789
  Show Hubpanel on pine64 display Beta 0 3,010 04-15-2017, 05:44 AM
Last Post: Beta
Tongue Pine64 with Openhab2 - Starting guide/accessories g_t_j 4 9,700 03-12-2017, 05:13 PM
Last Post: BatoXan
  Keeping Openhab current socken23 4 7,839 01-13-2017, 12:51 AM
Last Post: swinging
  Pine64 and Aeon labsZ-Stick tomekr 1 4,548 12-19-2016, 05:41 PM
Last Post: Trond
  Pine64 and MQTT Grootkonijntje 2 7,723 09-22-2016, 04:01 AM
Last Post: pfeerick
  OpenHAB And Zwave FrenchFrog 12 22,969 09-13-2016, 11:17 PM
Last Post: bonterra
  OpenHAB Up - Getting My Bearings - Questions doundounba 4 6,731 07-08-2016, 12:38 AM
Last Post: av1024
Information [solved] Openhab not starting socken23 10 14,227 06-21-2016, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Luke