Ubuntu Images (Pinebook) 0.5.2-59 [May 25] | Ubuntu Minimal (PINE A64(+)) 0.5.2-59 [May 25] | Armbian - Ubuntu (SOPINE) 5.27 [May 22] | Android 7.1 (PINE A64(+)) v0.3.5-r61 [May 15] | Android 7.1 (Pinebook) v0.3.5-r61 [May 15] | Q4OS (Pinebook) 1803 [May 15] | Installer 2.0.0-beta.2 [May 13]

Getting Started | Visit the WIKI | IRC Logs | Forum Rules/Policy

Debian Jessie Images (3.10.102 BSP Kernel) New Release
(04-08-2016, 10:46 AM)lenny.raposo Wrote: Did you expand the rootfs with the scripts?

I am going to test the images again to see if this is an issue

On deb yes, on Arch, no. On deb it made it unbootable for me.
Tongue 
Thanks for your efforts - but I'm stuck as Square Zero.

Have teh Apr. 6 with XFCE image, but can't get PhoenixCard to accept it.   When I choose the img file it displays "Script NOT Found - please use new version image!"    PhoenixCard utility is latest version.   Any help appreciated!

Bob
(04-08-2016, 12:27 PM)w9ran Wrote: Thanks for your efforts - but I'm stuck as Square Zero.

Have teh Apr. 6 with XFCE image, but can't get PhoenixCard to accept it.   When I choose the img file it displays "Script NOT Found - please use new version image!"    PhoenixCard utility is latest version.   Any help appreciated!

Bob

For the linux images (Arch, Debian etc) you use Win32DiskImage, PheonixCard is for the Android code base (Android, ReMixOS).
Ah, thanks that clearly helps!   But now I only get to 44% copied and it fails with Error 2 "can't find file" and won't proceed beyond that point.  I'm going to try a different memory card.

Bob
(03-30-2016, 12:24 AM)lenny.raposo Wrote: Just letting everyone know that a Debian Image is in the works.

This will be based on the 3.10.65 BSP Kernel with updates that have been provided by longsleep's efforts.

I will put together the following:

Base Image With Debian Root FS
LXDE Image
XFCE Image
MATE Image

April 3rd 2016 - Debian Root FS Release

Debian Base No Desktop - Torrent Download | Direct Download

Debian With LXDE Desktop - Torrent Download | Direct Download

Debian With XFCE Desktop - Torrent Download | Direct Download

Debian With Mate Desktop - Torrent Download | Direct Download

User: pine64user
Pass: password

The above rootfs options can be used with longsleep's BSP linux image - Download Image

April 6th 2016 - Debian Image Release

Debian Base No Desktop - Direct Download

Debian With LXDE Desktop - Direct Download

Debian With XFCE Desktop - Direct Download

Debian With Mate Desktop - Direct Download

User: pine64user
Pass: password

April 7th 2016 - 720p Display Mode Workaround

Here is a work around for 1280x720 resolutions from hdmi.
Execute These commands from a console or ssh into your board externally

Code:
sudo apt-get install fbset
sudo service lightdm stop
sudo fbset -a -xres 1280  -yres  720 -vxres 1280  -vyres  720
sudo service lightdm start

That's all for now Wink

April 7th 2016 - Audio Workaround

Here is a work around for audio issues for Desktop Environments
Execute These commands from a console

Code:
sudo apt-get install pavucontrol

This will install the Pulse Audio Controls.

Next go to Menu > Sound & Video Menu > PulseAudio Volume Control

Next go to Configuration Tab > AudioCodec >Profile and Select Off

Next go to Output Devices Tab > sndhdmi Analog Stereo > Advanced and set Latency Offset to 10.00

Minimize the window (do not close)

Now try playing an audio file or watching a Youtube Video.

Voila audio is working.

This is just a workaround until I can get the necessary changes in pulseaudio completed but for now it will have to do.

One more tip if you apply the 1280x720 resolution workaround above with this audio workaround you can watch youtube videos at 480p decently Wink

For those who have a 2gb model I am glad to report that longsleep has fixed the crash issue in the latest simple image

All desktop rootfs options come with default installs as provided by tasksel in Debian with the exception of Debian Base (no desktop environment installed). All rootfs options include longsleep's scripts (u-boot update & kernel update) and have build-essentials, iotop, htop & gnome-disk-utility included.

Please note the audio issue has not been resolved as of yet. I will let everyone know when it has been fixed and when full images are ready.

Cheers

Thats great news. Thanks for all the hard work, especially longsleep for his kernel and booting progress.

Have already installed and use the Xenial image from longsleep (**20160403-1**) with 3.10.65-4 kernel and XFCE installed manual. Is there any improvement in your images especially regarding network speed and stability?

Code:
uname -a

Linux pine64 3.10.65-4-pine64-longsleep #16 SMP PREEMPT Sun Apr 3 10:56:40 CEST 2016 aarch64 aarch64 aarch64 GNU/Linux

Thanks again for your help and support for this new board...
Still a linux newbie with several EEE-PCs, PI's, LattePanda and some Desktops/Laptops running Win10. Now also proudly using Pine64+ 2GB and gigabit LAN
aside from using a Debian Jessie rootfs as opposed to Ubuntu rootfs not really Wink

I just have created a few DE images for Mate Xfce Lxde plus a base system Wink
If you like my work be sure to check out my site or wish to donate to the cause visit https://www.pine64.pro/.

Cheers Big Grin
NEW ROOTFS RELEASED

NEW DEBIAN IMAGES TO COME TODAY

The Root File System release just reflects recent Debian updates and the addition of fbset, pavucontrol and bash-completion.

The new images address the boot partition instabilities encountered with the first release. Please check first post for more information.
If you like my work be sure to check out my site or wish to donate to the cause visit https://www.pine64.pro/.

Cheers Big Grin
NEW DEBIAN IMAGES
AND ROOTFS OPTIONS
ARE READY TO DOWNLOAD

Please check the first post for more details.

Cheers Big Grin
(03-30-2016, 12:24 AM)lenny.raposo Wrote:
Tutorial/Resource Site Coming To The Web Near You

Just wanted to let everyone know that aside from putting together images and helping folks in the community I am also developing a website for all sorts of Pine64 related news, tutorials, software and showcases.

I hope to have something up by next week Tuesday.

So hang tight and remember if I can help you I will do my best to do so. Also remember to give longsleep, apritzel and umiddelb a high five for their contributions in the Linux ecosphere for the Pine64. I know that without them I would not have been able to put most of this together.

Also thank the Pine guys that actually spend time to interact with the community, it's great to see them take the time to get involved in their current busy schedules.

If you need any help with this part, send me a pm :-)
I will be taking in tutorials from those in the community who wish to share their knowledge base for the collective.

Cheers Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Debian Jessie with 4.x.y kernel and complete hardware support? Spark 2 460 04-24-2017, 09:56 PM
Last Post: Spark
  Debian Mate (3.10.102 BSP) janeku 18 1,965 01-15-2017, 01:48 PM
Last Post: mcrognale
  Adding a missing kernel module spz2k 8 642 01-10-2017, 06:22 AM
Last Post: xalius
Music Getting analog audio/sound to work (headphones socket) on debian pfeerick 7 2,921 12-30-2016, 07:37 AM
Last Post: Birneklub9
  debian i2c-dev pine.adam 6 704 12-16-2016, 04:21 PM
Last Post: pine.adam
  [SOLVED]Problem Compiling modules: Recipe | kernel-headers not found acenos 0 273 12-14-2016, 09:11 AM
Last Post: acenos
  Gambas3 installation on Debian image linusky 0 366 11-29-2016, 11:10 AM
Last Post: linusky
  NIC not visible after kernel update xleon 1 404 11-15-2016, 05:23 PM
Last Post: xleon
  Debian Base (3.10.102 BSP 2) won't boot without monitor Scion 7 1,257 09-16-2016, 03:58 PM
Last Post: Scion
  Tor on debian philips 1 389 09-11-2016, 02:31 AM
Last Post: Ghelorn