(ARCHIVED) Debian Jessie Images (3.10.102 BSP Kernel) New Release
(09-17-2016, 04:48 AM)benpope81 Wrote: I don't know why libcrypto++9 won't install? https://packages.debian.org/jessie/arm64...9/download

Indeed. I suspect UnixOutlaws source list looked a little different, or maybe had some extra stuff in the /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ directory, as I can't find quicksynergy using the repo list he gave, or maybe he'd been fiddling with the add-architecture flags to add armhf or something. If I try to install synergy on it's own, I don't have any problems (on pine64 debian).

Code:
pfeerick@pine64:~$ sudo apt-get install synergy quicksynergy
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package quicksynergy
Let me start with THANKS Lenny!

I've been running pine64-image-debianbase-310102bsp-2.img since late July.
I've also used https://www.pine64.pro/linux-on-an-external-drive/

I hope to replace my Raspberry PI nginx webserver with Pine 64.
I have nginx, mysql etc up and running but I do fail to install certbot Let’s Encrypt Client

https://certbot.eff.org/#debianjessie-nginx say
sudo apt-get install certbot -t jessie-backports
but the result is
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
certbot : Depends: python-certbot (= 0.8.1-2~bpo8+1) but it is not going to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

Please advice
[Image: banner.png]
(09-20-2016, 12:56 PM)rogerthn Wrote: The following packages have unmet dependencies:
certbot : Depends: python-certbot (= 0.8.1-2~bpo8+1) but it is not going to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

Please advice

Basically what has happened is that since you're trying to install certbot from the jessie-backports repo, since the letsencrypt guys have yet again broken the backports repo/dependencies (just look here and here to see how often they do it!). Probably the best method to just get it working use the instructions for self-compiling/generating certbot. You then generally use the certbot-auto script instead of certbot.

If you really, really, really insist on installing certbot via apt-get, you could add "deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian testing main" to your /etc/apt/sources.list file, run a "sudo apt-get update" and then "sudo apt-get install certbot -t testing"... but it will upgrade/install some 100 odd packages, and there is a good chance it will break something in the process. Then again... it isn't the unstable branch, so it may not!!
(09-21-2016, 04:32 AM)pfeerick Wrote: ... Probably the best method to just get it working use the instructions for self-compiling/generating certbot. You then generally use the certbot-auto script instead of certbot ...
Thanks, looks like this has done the trick.
[Image: banner.png]
Just thought I'd mention that Lenny's Debian/Mate build is pretty much the one to beat. I mean, looking forward to trying DietPi and will give Gentoo a shot when I have time to go through the documentation on the website but, this Debian build is "snappy", boots fast", works and plays well with my steam controller..... pretty-much my default interaction with the Pine at this point.
Hi
I have the 512mb version of the Pine64. I downloaded the Debian Jessie Mate software which wrote to the microsd okay and it boots up okay. The trouble is, it won't except debian as the password or user. Do have the wrong version?

thanks in advance
(10-05-2016, 03:08 AM)Kaupy Wrote: I have the 512mb version of the Pine64. I downloaded the Debian Jessie Mate software which wrote to the microsd okay and it boots up okay. The trouble is, it won't except debian as the password or user. Do have the wrong version?

Only you know that.

... obviously one thing to check is that your keyboard is in lower case; userids and passwords are case sensitive.

You may have downloaded the wrong image... try ubuntu | ubuntu
marcushh777    Cool

please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )
Hi Kaupy,  press ctrl-alt-F1  and try logging in on the fbcon  as  debian | debian

... there won't be a cursor,  just try it.   To get back to the gui press  alt-F7

(post here the results, or join us live on the irc chat, see below)
marcushh777    Cool

please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )
I am not having any luck getting this (pine64-image-debianmate-310102bsp-2.img) running on my 512mb board (pine power supply, Costco 32gb Sandisk Ultra). At some point I get really odd behavior like recursive windows popping open that can't be stopped, write errors on boot etc. and while it was running I wasn't able to get the wifi working. Each reboot it seems to deteriorate to the point where it won't boot anymore, I get about 3 reboots then I have to reimage. I've tried USB writer and Image Writer, Win32 Disk Imager. Any other suggestions? I bought two of these cards at the same time and the other one is working fine in my 2GB pine so I don't think it's the card (2 pack from Costco).
(10-12-2016, 05:59 PM)neil85ae86 Wrote: I am not having any luck getting this (pine64-image-debianmate-310102bsp-2.img) running on my 512mb board (pine power supply, Costco 32gb Sandisk Ultra). At some point I get really odd behavior like recursive windows popping open that can't be stopped, write errors on boot etc. and while it was running I wasn't able to get the wifi working. Each reboot it seems to deteriorate to the point where it won't boot anymore, I get about 3 reboots then I have to reimage. I've tried USB writer and Image Writer, Win32 Disk Imager. Any other suggestions?  I bought two of these cards at the same time and the other one is working fine in my 2GB pine so I don't think it's the card (2 pack from Costco).
about the only thing i can think may help figure out what the issue is would be to go with a smaller image on the 512mb board. try the xfce build or maybe one of the no desktop builds. the idea being to see if you can get a build that requires less resources to run stable continuously. if that is no help then not sure what you can do.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Debian installer on Pine A64+ but no hdmi mrwick 1 4,864 07-28-2020, 01:49 PM
Last Post: kuleszdl
  Debian Pine64 h264/5 Video under vlc ozcy 6 12,692 04-15-2020, 05:27 AM
Last Post: dmitrymyadzelets
  OMV/debian/systemd: how to start the network kittyland 0 2,927 12-10-2019, 05:29 PM
Last Post: kittyland
  Debian 10 (Buster) in deep freeze - includes support for Pine64+ amp 5 10,025 07-22-2019, 09:29 PM
Last Post: amp
  Pine64 Debian Stretch/mainline [4.14.7] CallMeFoxie 50 120,837 07-22-2019, 09:24 PM
Last Post: amp
  Installing Debian with the Debian Installer (Buster RC1) amp 1 4,738 06-28-2019, 12:35 PM
Last Post: Kaarme42
  Script to build pure Debian images for Pine64+ amp 1 4,164 05-01-2019, 09:09 PM
Last Post: tllim
  Debian (Stretch) for Pine64-LTS wgray 2 6,231 04-04-2019, 09:54 PM
Last Post: wgray
  Is there just one fuctioning Debian Desktop image? KNERD 7 12,992 03-29-2019, 02:00 AM
Last Post: desai_amogh
  how to set kernel parameter 'fsck.mode=force' marcelser 6 11,928 05-09-2018, 09:07 PM
Last Post: pfeerick