Modem white list
Since no other phone manufacture does this as far as i know of, Is there any tool that you can download that allows you to create a whitelist of phone numbers that can be accepted and the rest rejected including texts, example I go to create a whitelist of numbers that i will allow to call or text me and it automatically rejects the rest. Even if i can get something to play around with like if a number calls i can ask it to send me a text of who called or even just a block all, like i can decide if i want texts and calls to come through on this as an option or just not get anything from anybody except what is on the approved list.

in case businesses call i want the option to have a text sent saying somebody called.

Do not disturb is not a relly good option for what i want, the only closest thing that was available to what i need was Sprint when they were a company and they had the option but it wasnt fully there but close.

I dont know if this is something that would have to be made as open source through the modem itself meaning bjtork would have to implement it or it can be a tool to download through the internet and can control what the modem recieves and rejects.
It would be far easier to write a messaging app (and phone app) that just doesn't alert you unless the number is in your whitelist. Not that it helps, but there are a small number of apps for android that do this.
:wq

[ SRA accepts you ]
(02-03-2024, 10:36 AM)aular Wrote: Since no other phone manufacture does this as far as i know of, Is there any tool that you can download that allows you to create a whitelist of phone numbers that can be accepted and the rest rejected including texts, example I go to create a whitelist of numbers that i will allow to call or text me and it automatically rejects the rest. Even if i can get something to play around with like if a number calls i can ask it to send me a text of who called or even just a block all, like i can decide if i want texts and calls to come through on this as an option or just not get anything from anybody except what is on the approved list.

in case businesses call i want the option to have a text sent saying somebody called.

Do not disturb is not a relly good option for what i want, the only closest thing that was available to what i need was Sprint when they were a company and they had the option but it wasnt fully there but close.

I dont know if this is something that would have to be made as open source through the modem itself meaning bjtork would have to implement it or it can be a tool to download through the internet and can control what the modem recieves and rejects.

Phosh antispam, for calls but perhaps not for texts.
There are actually non-smart phones that support this feature. Why Android does not support it, you have to ask Google.

This can indeed be implemented in userspace (as Phosh-antispam does it), or it can be done in the modem firmware if you use the custom firmware (though I do not believe the current community firmware release implements that yet).

You may want to disable the voicemailbox if your carrier allows it, though, or they can still spam your voicemailbox.
another question is is there any tools that can detect sms type 0, the sms that travel over the network and get location data by cyberstalkers, any tool that allows me to detect hacked ss7 sms. I know or heard wireshark can do it but i dont know how or where to direct the app to look for the traffic on pinephone
(02-03-2024, 10:31 PM)Kevin Kofler Wrote: There are actually non-smart phones that support this feature. Why Android does not support it, you have to ask Google.

This can indeed be implemented in userspace (as Phosh-antispam does it), or it can be done in the modem firmware if you use the custom firmware (though I do not believe the current community firmware release implements that yet).

You may want to disable the voicemailbox if your carrier allows it, though, or they can still spam your voicemailbox.

Thank you but i did ask another question below, maybe you might knwo or not or can point me in the right direction.
Sorry, no idea.
Thank you, maybe somebody else might be able to answer it.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  qcell modem id aular 6 869 01-15-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: aular
  Temporary fix for Modem Not Coming Back on in SXMO Postmarketos Pinephone kebab 2 2,109 07-16-2023, 11:14 AM
Last Post: kebab
  Modem gets disabled on every suspend jojuma 5 1,823 03-27-2023, 02:51 AM
Last Post: jojuma
  Modem audio settings jack1 2 1,318 02-04-2023, 04:01 PM
Last Post: jack1
  White Listed ? bcnaz 4 2,518 05-09-2022, 03:59 PM
Last Post: bcnaz
  List of Pinephone browsers Gamey 17 18,028 05-05-2022, 06:37 AM
Last Post: allworlds
  The modem switch affects the connection to battery? JohnDoe 2 2,056 03-30-2022, 12:02 AM
Last Post: JohnDoe
  Modem disabled, can't enable: Invalid transition pac 4 3,554 03-23-2022, 01:08 PM
Last Post: Firewave
Question Modem problems with the distros I tried UltraBlack_ 9 5,335 02-21-2022, 01:57 PM
Last Post: KNERD
Big Grin troubleshooting Chatty / modem? no SMS outbound vap0rtranz 5 3,665 02-14-2022, 12:15 PM
Last Post: vap0rtranz