Pinetab2 not starting
Hi all,
after a month using my pinetab2 the screen started flickering one day then i got a screen with colored vertical thin lines (image attached), and now it does not start at all.
I did not do any software upgrade during the weeks previous to this happening and i'm running the installation that came with the device.

I tried to plug the UART to the lower usb-c and followed the instructions here:
https://wiki.pine64.org/wiki/PineTab2#Co...RT_adapter 
To see if i could see something but it looks like the device does not even start, i also tried to reset it (using the press 7 seconds, 3 second wait, 3-4 seconds press) several times but nothing happens, also left it charging overnight without any result.
From the outside i do not see any light or anything else, just the green light on the UART when it's plugged via USB to the computer.

Anyone can give me advice on what to do next? i'm a bit lost now.

Thanks!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(08-17-2023, 07:13 AM)Corconegre Wrote: Hi all,
after a month using my pinetab2 the screen started flickering one day then i got a screen with colored vertical thin lines (image attached), and now it does not start at all.
I did not do any software upgrade during the weeks previous to this happening and i'm running the installation that came with the device.

To see if i could see something but it looks like the device does not even start, i also tried to reset it (using the press 7 seconds, 3 second wait, 3-4 seconds press) several times but nothing happens, also left it charging overnight without any result.
From the outside i do not see any light or anything else, just the green light on the UART when it's plugged via USB to the computer.

Thanks!

Try to reseat the LCD ribbon cable and check whether help.
(08-23-2023, 02:57 PM)tllim Wrote:

Thanks!

Thanks for your answer, however if it was the cable, then i should see something connecting the UART right?
Is there any way i can open a "support ticket" for this?
(08-24-2023, 10:10 AM)Corconegre Wrote:
(08-23-2023, 02:57 PM)tllim Wrote:

Thanks!

Thanks for your answer, however if it was the cable, then i should see something connecting the UART right?
Is there any way i can open a "support ticket" for this?

you can submit support ticket at https://support.pine64.org
Thanks!
thicket opened and got quite a fast reply, on the way so solve it.
(08-31-2023, 03:08 PM)Corconegre Wrote: Thanks!

Would you mind letting me know how you solved it?

I seem to have a similar problem - did a sudo pacman -Syu, in the middle of the update, it crashed, I powered it off, and never was able to boot it again (also, nothing to see when connecting to laptop, just like in your case).

Many thanks!
(12-25-2023, 02:24 PM)zkajdan Wrote:
(08-31-2023, 03:08 PM)Corconegre Wrote: Thanks!

Would you mind letting me know how you solved it?

I seem to have a similar problem - did a sudo pacman -Syu, in the middle of the update, it crashed, I powered it off, and never was able to boot it again (also, nothing to see when connecting to laptop, just like in your case).

Many thanks!

I also have this problem.  I got a bit further - was able to get serial connectivity to the PineTab and was able to get into the maskrom - but the SD card doesn't *seem* to show up, and booting always tries to load the MMC, which has an unbootable image.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pinetab2 Audio Hiss/Static from speakers scottgr 2 402 03-16-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: scottgr
  pinetab2 hardware is not very good lmartin 11 2,331 01-13-2024, 03:45 AM
Last Post: Darth-Apple
Information nvme ssd and open pinetab2 snock 0 213 01-12-2024, 06:37 PM
Last Post: snock
  Pinetab2 screen removal Corconegre 5 1,344 01-10-2024, 08:08 AM
Last Post: stozi
  PineTab2, Ubuntu Touch and WiFI JMoore 2 604 01-07-2024, 10:58 AM
Last Post: JMoore
  Using the Pinetab2's PCIe slot FortunateFowl 0 332 12-22-2023, 01:23 PM
Last Post: FortunateFowl
Exclamation Pinetab2 Keyboard Issues lockedpotato 0 521 10-14-2023, 05:48 PM
Last Post: lockedpotato
  pinetab2 booting when adapter connected Ome Ko 16 2,864 09-15-2023, 11:45 PM
Last Post: Ome Ko
  SOLVED: New PineTab2 not booting properly. SECONDARY PROBLEM SOLVED: Not updating bacon_dude 6 1,726 09-06-2023, 07:43 PM
Last Post: bacon_dude
  PineTab2 screen won't turn back on until reboot KelsonV 3 1,049 08-23-2023, 09:08 AM
Last Post: diederik