Black screen by start up
The staff from Pine partially managed to help me with troubleshooting but I went to a busy period and postponed fixing this problem. Here's how the problem evolved:

1. I just received my pine book pro and it just doesn't start up. I've searched YouTube for some troubleshooting and I think it's some switch I have to change at the RAM slot. I opened up the whole thing and made some photos if this could help you. How to solve this problem?

2. I readjusted my EMMC and switch in on position and now it starts so it's powered because the green light is on but unfortunately the screen remains black. What should I do?

Based on the answers I got from the Pinebook team I guess my eMMC is empty. Can I use some kind of app to install Manjaro directly on the flash memory or do I have to use a stick to boot from it. I'm a newbie so please tell me exactly what I have to do.
How did you get help from the Pine staff? I haven't found a phone number to use and have emailed them several times.  I contacted them on 6/5 and they indicated they opened a ticket one it and I never heard from them again.  I contacted them on 7/4 and they asked again about the order number of the part I had the question about which I immediately set them (they already had the order number from the first time I contacted them).  Again I have not heard from them.  Now I have three new pines that I couldn't try initially since I got them for Christmas but, unlike the cards I got several years ago that came with power cords) they didn't come with power cords.  I had a question about which power cords to get, which I also sent a question about that they never responded with an answer, so I ordered what I thought was the correct power cords and waited the month it takes to get stuff from China.  I was initially using Cubie cards which work well but they don't seem to be supporting new cards anymore. I have never dealt with an electronics company like Pine who don't support their products.

So, again, how did you get help from the Pine Staff?
(07-21-2023, 01:33 PM)dstallmo Wrote: How did you get help from the Pine staff? I haven't found a phone number to use and have emailed them several times.  I contacted them on 6/5 and they indicated they opened a ticket one it and I never heard from them again.  I contacted them on 7/4 and they asked again about the order number of the part I had the question about which I immediately set them (they already had the order number from the first time I contacted them).  Again I have not heard from them.  Now I have three new pines that I couldn't try initially since I got them for Christmas but, unlike the cards I got several years ago that came with power cords) they didn't come with power cords.  I had a question about which power cords to get, which I also sent a question about that they never responded with an answer, so I ordered what I thought was the correct power cords and waited the month it takes to get stuff from China.  I was initially using Cubie cards which work well but they don't seem to be supporting new cards anymore. I have never dealt with an electronics company like Pine who don't support their products.

So, again, how did you get help from the Pine Staff?

Please PM your support ticket and will notify support team to revisit.
You either need to get an eMMC to USB adaptor, and flash the eMMC from a different computer, or, flash a micro SD card with another computer and use it to boot the Pinebook Pro. You may have trouble with the latter, as the U-Boot which is on your eMMC (evident by the LED being turned on). For some reason Manjaru that comes with the PBP also comes with a U-Boot that will not boot to micro SD cards. However I cannot say if this is still true at the very present.
:wq

[ SRA accepts you ]
Thank you for your reply. It was very helpful. Maybe I could ask you about another problem I am having. I have 4 Pine 1 boards. In setting Static IP addresses. I set them just fine on three of them. But on the fourth I screwed up something and now the board boots partially as I can see on the connected console and then goes to a "No signal" message. Thus the board is effectively "bricked". This happens no matter if the SD card is in or not. Do you know of any way to return the board to the factory settings?
What is a Pine 1? I've never heard of it, but I'm not that familiar with Pine64's full lineup.

[ SRA accepts you ]
(07-22-2023, 08:57 PM)KC9UDX Wrote: What is a Pine 1?  I've never heard of it, but I'm not that familiar with Pine64's full lineup.

Pine 1 boards were the first boards build by Pine built in 2016.
(07-26-2023, 12:45 PM)dstallmo Wrote:
(07-22-2023, 08:57 PM)KC9UDX Wrote: What is a Pine 1?  I've never heard of it, but I'm not that familiar with Pine64's full lineup.

Pine 1 boards were the first boards build by Pine built in 2016.

Is that different from the A64?

[ SRA accepts you ]
The processor chip is an A64. But I don't know what the differences are with the latest set of boards.
I have an a64,,, I don't know how it can "partially" boot with no SD card
since it has ONLY a sd slot (for storage),, and anyway
you would have to have a serial connection to see early boot
Try one of the working sd cards
Every time it is powered on, it is starting from scratch, there is no reset, no bios
the only differention is the 2GB version are called "plus"

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Screen on pinebook stays black but can ssh into machine tuxxpine 0 297 02-23-2024, 04:22 PM
Last Post: tuxxpine
  PBP blank screen after updating Manjaro Franko 6 2,022 04-01-2023, 07:55 AM
Last Post: hacknix
Question Pinebook Pro shows only bright white screen when powered on Sean Whitton 3 2,001 07-22-2022, 01:19 PM
Last Post: wdt
  Ring around screen following update tylerjohnson3208 2 2,099 05-10-2022, 01:52 AM
Last Post: diyagabriel
  Looking for Screen LCD Panel for the Pinebook Pro gerstavros 3 2,750 05-09-2022, 05:53 AM
Last Post: gerstavros
  Putting my screen on TV S265 6 4,760 10-07-2021, 08:00 PM
Last Post: ajawadmahmoud
  My pbp is a sleek, black, flat brick, and won't boot from any kind of media rotwang 15 13,918 08-24-2021, 04:25 PM
Last Post: bkenn
  Flickering black window when opening settings Edgars10 0 1,355 06-06-2021, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Edgars10
  Screen refresh delay with kernel errors shawnanastasio 31 38,784 04-27-2021, 02:57 AM
Last Post: james64
  Novice question: Pinebook Pro does boot (does it?) but black screen Gert V. 21 19,652 01-27-2021, 10:48 PM
Last Post: rimaille