How to keep the display of the 120W PinePower turned off?
I would like to keep the display of my 120W PinePower power supply turned off and make it more difficult to turn on.
At the moment it wakes me up at night a lot because it randomly turns on. I suspect this happens every time the phone reaches 100% and stops charging and then again when it dropped to 99% and starts charging again.
I also constantly press the touch button that turns the display on/off accidentally and I would like to make it so that you have to hold the button for a few seconds before it toggles the display.

Can this be done without modifying the hardware? E.g. by flashing a modified firmware?
Or would I have to physically modify the hardware? If that's the only option I'd be willing to go that route. I have some experience with Arduinos and ESPs.

Any help would be appreciated.
No one?
(07-14-2021, 03:13 PM)pinepoweruser Wrote: I would like to keep the display of my 120W PinePower power supply turned off and make it more difficult to turn on.
At the moment it wakes me up at night a lot because it randomly turns on. I suspect this happens every time the phone reaches 100% and stops charging and then again when it dropped to 99% and starts charging again.
I also constantly press the touch button that turns the display on/off accidentally and I would like to make it so that you have to hold the button for a few seconds before it toggles the display.

Can this be done without modifying the hardware? E.g. by flashing a modified firmware?
Or would I have to physically modify the hardware? If that's the only option I'd be willing to go that route. I have some experience with Arduinos and ESPs.

Any help would be appreciated.

Well, this doesn't help you any, but you just helped me... I didn't even realize that the little light bulb button was a button, I've thought for the longest time that I had a defective unit because sometimes when I'd brush against it the display would shut off... lol... I though it had a short or a loose connection somewhere, but no... it's just a capacitive touch sensor... THANK YOU!  Not sure how I missed that, it seems painfully obvious now that I know!
Anyone else?
(08-03-2021, 05:07 PM)pinepoweruser Wrote: Anyone else?

The display is controlled by 2 unmarked packages (wiki source) and as far as I know there are no schematics available for the PinePower. So I don't think anybody has tried reprogramming these chips and there is no easy way to do so. If you are really determined to change the display behaviour, maybe you could interrupt the display's  power line with a switch after carefully studying the PCB. Then you would have to cut the enclosure to add that switch or somehow make the capacative touch button to trigger it (no idea if that's realistic).

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad display blinks on and off when not on charger jpaulbiss 8 5,921 12-09-2023, 08:14 AM
Last Post: mannzrespouse
  [Article] Star64 JH7110: Power Up the Display Controller with U-Boot Bootloader lupyuen 0 624 09-02-2023, 10:13 AM
Last Post: lupyuen
  [Article] RISC-V Star64 JH7110: Inside the Display Controller lupyuen 2 883 08-23-2023, 05:08 PM
Last Post: lupyuen
  PinePower 120w On/Off Switch rohtua 7 5,408 08-01-2023, 05:36 PM
Last Post: Callabra
  PinePower USB-C ports dead nbxmike 1 1,265 01-31-2023, 03:45 PM
Last Post: fxc
  Issues with PinePower Desktop superkamiguru 0 733 10-24-2022, 07:43 AM
Last Post: superkamiguru
  PinePower 65w - DoA or am I doing it wrong? CampGareth 10 7,923 10-04-2022, 09:02 AM
Last Post: hobbitus
  PinePower 120W Screen Issues t-3 3 1,730 09-26-2022, 05:14 PM
Last Post: superkamiguru
  on pinepower, pinecil stopped working.. sanderboer 1 1,055 09-23-2022, 03:47 AM
Last Post: biketool
  PinePower Desktop USB-C port dead qeek 3 1,834 08-29-2022, 12:33 AM
Last Post: gravedigger