PinePower 120w On/Off Switch
Hi I've just received a PinePower 120w PSU which so far seems to be a great little power supply. One question though the toggle switch on the rear doesn't seem to do anything on my unit. Regardless of the switch position the display can be turn on and off and I can charge my phone on the wireless charger. Is the switch supposed to turn the whole unit off or am I missing something??
(08-16-2021, 03:37 PM)rohtua Wrote: Hi I've just received a PinePower 120w PSU which so far seems to be a great little power supply. One question though the toggle switch on the rear doesn't seem to do anything on my unit. Regardless of the switch position the display can be turn on and off and I can charge my phone on the wireless charger. Is the switch supposed to turn the whole unit off or am I missing something??

The switch should turn off the whole device, but there may be a delay of a couple of seconds when turning it off.
(08-16-2021, 03:37 PM)rohtua Wrote: Hi I've just received a PinePower 120w PSU which so far seems to be a great little power supply. One question though the toggle switch on the rear doesn't seem to do anything on my unit. Regardless of the switch position the display can be turn on and off and I can charge my phone on the wireless charger. Is the switch supposed to turn the whole unit off or am I missing something??

I've noticed the display switches off when I place it on some wire rack shelving next to my desk. I'm not sure if it's the power cable or what but it does creep me out a bit.
(08-17-2021, 10:30 AM)swiley Wrote:

I've noticed the display switches off when I place it on some wire rack shelving next to my desk. I'm not sure if it's the power cable or what but it does creep me out a bit.

You might be knocking the button to switch the display off. I did that a few times picking it up to look at the power switch on the back before I realised that there isa touch button on the top to control the display.

I think mines sorted now. The power button didn't click either way when I pressed it initially I've given it a few firm presses on either side till it clicked and it's now turning on and off just fine.
(08-17-2021, 10:46 AM)rohtua Wrote:
(08-17-2021, 10:30 AM)swiley Wrote:
(08-16-2021, 03:37 PM)rohtua Wrote: Hi I've just received a PinePower 120w PSU which so far seems to be a great little power supply. One question though moviebox pro the toggle switch on the rear doesn't seem to do anything on my unit. Regardless of the switch position the display can be turn on and off and I can charge my phone on the wireless charger. zinitevi Is the switch supposed to turn the whole unit off or am I missing something??

You might be knocking the button to switch the display off. I did that a few times picking it up to look at the power switch on the back before I realised that there isa touch button on the top to control the display.

I think mines sorted now. The power button didn't click either way when I pressed it initially I've given it a few firm presses on either side till it clicked and it's now turning on and off just fine.
I also faced this power button issue, thanks for the hint, I got it and turning off and on my device correctly.
I just got my unit and the back power switch was not clicking at first, now after having rocked it a bit and a few firm presses it clicks, but the unit does act strangely. After putting the switch on the "off" side, first there's a few seconds as if nothing was done, then the display shuts off for a sec, then on again and then finally off. This looks repeatable (only tried a few times for now).

This is a bit disturbing since the thing is named Pine*POWER*, and I don't want to burn my house with it.

Is the CE marking on the underside a real "european certification" thing or is it just the (sadly) usual "China Export" thing ?

EDIT: It looks like the unit has undergone some certification process. This info is not on the wiki page, but is on the following blog post:
https://www.pine64.org/2021/01/15/januar...-new-gear/
PinePower 120w PSUs usually turn on and off using the toggle switch on the back. The power source should power the display and wireless charger when the switch is "on". When the switch is in the "off" position, the power source should stop powering all outputs, turning the unit off.
I am experiencing the same issue, the power button worked initially, then started to require a firm press to get it to switch on/off. Now it has completely failed. It does not click when switching position and pressing down on either side no longer does anything either. My unit has only lasted about a year.

I have submitted a ticket a few days ago regarding the issue, but no reply so far.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PinePower USB-C ports dead nbxmike 1 1,266 01-31-2023, 03:45 PM
Last Post: fxc
  Issues with PinePower Desktop superkamiguru 0 735 10-24-2022, 07:43 AM
Last Post: superkamiguru
  PinePower 65w - DoA or am I doing it wrong? CampGareth 10 7,931 10-04-2022, 09:02 AM
Last Post: hobbitus
  PinePower 120W Screen Issues t-3 3 1,731 09-26-2022, 05:14 PM
Last Post: superkamiguru
  on pinepower, pinecil stopped working.. sanderboer 1 1,055 09-23-2022, 03:47 AM
Last Post: biketool
  PinePower Desktop USB-C port dead qeek 3 1,838 08-29-2022, 12:33 AM
Last Post: gravedigger
  PinePower USBench concept: Usb C universal/lab power supply (=48V5A PD 3.1 trigger) ijsbeer 3 2,853 04-16-2022, 04:59 PM
Last Post: ijsbeer
  PinePower 65W GaN Charger, bad EU addapter talpa 1 1,659 11-20-2021, 05:21 PM
Last Post: bharwargl
  PinePower 65W GaN Charger, where is the alleged switch? biketool 1 1,991 09-28-2021, 09:46 PM
Last Post: tllim
  PinePower desktop micro power breaks jpalus 4 4,532 08-08-2021, 04:57 PM
Last Post: tllim