Getting started with an Old PineTime dev kit (flash procedure?)
Hello,

So i've dusted of my old pinetime dev kit. Beforte the infinitime 0.7 firmware. Just the closed source firmware.

Here is my plan. Will it work or will it brick?

-> Flash new bootloader with BLE with the DaFlasher App
Like described on the WaspOS tutorial*:
1) flash 'hacked'
2) flash 'dafit..'
3) and then?

The documantation says flash 'bootloader-daflasher.zip'. But i can't find that file anywhere.
I think that, finishing stages 1 and 2 will give me a 'unlocked' pinetime. And i can flash the waspos 4.1 firmware. 
? Is this correct?

Or can i then follow the infinitime instructions**
1) flash inifitime 1.x
2) flash bootloader
3) flash recovery

I expect that i have to flash a wasp/infinitime bootloader first. That 'bootloader-daflasher' that seems missing..

Help appreciated!

*Installation Guide — WASP-OS documentation
**InfiniTime/gettingStarted-1.0.md at 1.2.0 · JF002/InfiniTime · GitHub
I can't recall anyone going through that process. Might be doable but you're on your own mostly.

It's significantly easier to simply use a hardware programmer (not a ST-Link v2) and flash it that way, it is a devkit after all.
(07-01-2021, 04:13 AM)Avamander Wrote: I can't recall anyone going through that process. Might be doable but you're on your own mostly.

It's significantly easier to simply use a hardware programmer (not a ST-Link v2) and flash it that way, it is a devkit after all.

Stlink won't work right away, as the bootloader on the initial kit is locked. I'll need a rasp pi. However, daflasher and the man bevind daflasher found the way to fix that (in a ota blue way, nice!)

https://wiki.pine64.org/wiki/PineTime_FA...tection.3F
Follow the wasp-os instructions to completion with one exception. Instead of installing micropython.zip install reloader-factory.zip instead. That will leave you running Infinitime Light. From there you can following the Infinitime OTA upgrade docs to get the latest Infinitime running.

I would suggest using the latest CI binaries for the wasp-os parts of the process. If you use the wasp-os v0.4 binaries you will end up with much older version of mcuboot.

For the specific instructions you want from the wasp-os documentation see:

* Install the wasp-bootloader: https://wasp-os.readthedocs.io/en/latest...or-android
* Install reloader-factory.zip: https://wasp-os.readthedocs.io/en/latest...-daflasher
PineTime: wasp-os and MicroPython, Pinebook Pro:  Debian Bullseye
(07-01-2021, 06:55 AM)danielt Wrote: Follow the wasp-os instructions to completion with one exception. Instead of installing micropython.zip install reloader-factory.zip instead. That will leave you running Infinitime Light. From there you can following the Infinitime OTA upgrade docs to get the latest Infinitime running.

I would suggest using the latest CI binaries for the wasp-os parts of the process. If you use the wasp-os v0.4 binaries you will end up with much older version of mcuboot.

For the specific instructions you want from the wasp-os documentation see:

* Install the wasp-bootloader: https://wasp-os.readthedocs.io/en/latest...or-android
* Install reloader-factory.zip: https://wasp-os.readthedocs.io/en/latest...-daflasher

Thanks for the reaction and suggestion!

In the instructions there's the part of 
'Click Select DFU file again and select bootloader-daflasher.zip. Once the update is complete the watch will show the wasp-os logo and some additional on-screen prompt.'

But i'm lost at the 'bootloader-daflasher.zip'. Where can i find this file/bootloader?
It is off course in the binary zip / zip you create when compiling.

Thanks for the help Daniel
(07-01-2021, 12:30 PM)Meurton Wrote: In the instructions there's the part of 
'Click Select DFU file again and select bootloader-daflasher.zip. Once the update is complete the watch will show the wasp-os logo and some additional on-screen prompt.'

But i'm lost at the 'bootloader-daflasher.zip'. Where can i find this file/bootloader?
It is off course in the binary zip / zip you create when compiling.

Thanks for the help Daniel

No worries.

BTW bootloader-daflasher.zip is also included every binary release too.

wasp-os uses a different packaging approach to Infinitime. For wasp-os you don't download each file individually. Instead there is a single file called wasp-os-<version-number>.zip (or .tar.gz if you prefer) which contains everything related to that release. You download the single file, extract everything from it and find the binaries appropriate for your device (which for PineTime are in build-pinetime/ ). CI builds are structured a tiny bit differently but the same idea applies... download a single file and extract it.
(07-01-2021, 04:32 AM)Meurton Wrote:
(07-01-2021, 04:13 AM)Avamander Wrote: It's significantly easier to simply use a hardware programmer (not a ST-Link v2) and flash it that way, it is a devkit after all.
Stlink won't work right away, as the bootloader on the initial kit is locked.

Yes, that's what I wrote.

(07-01-2021, 04:32 AM)Meurton Wrote: I'll need a rasp pi.

There are other, better options as well.
(07-01-2021, 04:32 AM)Meurton Wrote: Stlink won't work right away, as the bootloader on the initial kit is locked. I'll need a rasp pi. However, daflasher and the man bevind daflasher found the way to fix that (in a ota blue way, nice!)

https://wiki.pine64.org/wiki/PineTime_FA...tection.3F

Code to remove the hardware lock is present in the wasp-reloader too (although if Aaron has it working in Daflasher then I doubt you will need it). Thus if you only have a STLink but you can get the BLE OTA sequence to work then there should be no need to set up another SWD programmer!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PineTime at FOSDEM jmlich 5 628 02-07-2024, 11:48 PM
Last Post: tllim
  PineTime turns off when removed from cradle tynstar 0 185 01-31-2024, 11:57 AM
Last Post: tynstar
  PineTime and Amazfish on Ubuntu Touch jmlich 1 649 10-14-2023, 04:12 PM
Last Post: tllim
  PineTime is dead!! Markdanni123 12 13,516 09-18-2023, 10:17 PM
Last Post: ccchan234
  PineTime Sleep Tracking any_mouse 12 12,023 07-10-2023, 05:41 PM
Last Post: davidair
  PineTime Dead out of box? henkery 1 1,154 03-12-2023, 04:34 PM
Last Post: henkery
  Pinetime almost dead... only shows Infinitime logo. lightweight 8 6,516 02-11-2023, 09:30 AM
Last Post: alexmitroff
  PineTime beginner MV1791 2 2,093 01-09-2023, 11:52 PM
Last Post: Canyonless
  Struggling to detect Pinetime over bluetooth John45595 0 1,122 11-20-2022, 11:06 PM
Last Post: John45595
  PineTime Dev Kit for sale igor.bljahhin 2 3,133 10-19-2022, 05:34 AM
Last Post: peatord