Burn mark after wearing Pinetime?
I have been wearing my Pinetime basically nonstop since I got it. I took it off just now and there is a burn mark on my arm where I was wearing it. Has anyone else experienced this, and should I be worried?

I'm confident this is not any form of allergic reaction to the materials of the device as this burn is exclusively under the sensors on the backside of the pinetime. I think the sensors somehow burnt me, but the device itself never got hot to the touch.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(05-08-2021, 02:21 PM)gamerminstrel Wrote: I have been wearing my Pinetime basically nonstop since I got it. I took it off just now and there is a burn mark on my arm where I was wearing it. Has anyone else experienced this, and should I be worried?

I'm confident this is not any form of allergic reaction to the materials of the device as this burn is exclusively under the sensors on the backside of the pinetime. I think the sensors somehow burnt me, but the device itself never got hot to the touch.

Just physical friction? The hardware as such is simply not capable of generating anything dangerous.
How long has it been since you got it? Maybe 35 years ago I had something similar happen. I think it was just the result of never taking it off and letting the skin air out.
You know, I would not be surprised if that's actually what it is. Before the last couple weeks, I haven't worn a watch in decades so I'm willing to believe that my wrist skin is just that sensitive/soft. It just seems odd that there is no irritation around the band, where the watch is much tighter.

I also agree, I don't see how the Pinetime hardware is capable of inflicting harm. This just planted a seed of doubt in the back of my mind though, so I'm interested to know if this happens to other people.
The LiPo would need to go thermo-nuclear and you would certainly notice, it definitely doesn't have the ability to kick out any amount of power over a prolonged period of time. (To be clear, I'm not aware of such a flaw.)

You should take it off more regularly and clean both your arm and watch. For sure don't wear it as your sleeping to give your skin some air time.
I had something similar happen to me, it was a fungal infection. That is what it looks like to me. Is it itchy and feels like it is burning? I used over the counter athletes foot cream to clear it up and haven't had a problem wearing the watch for long periods of time sense.
For what it's worth, if that's what it is, there are multiple OTC products that target different kinds of fungus. If one doesn't work, another might.
The mark didn't burn, itch, or cause discomfort of any sort. If anything it acted like a singular spot of sunburn. After a couple days the outer layer of skin peeled off and it's mostly gone now. I even kept wearing the watch, just an inch away on my wrist, and it hasn't caused any irritation there. It may have just been because I wrote the watch too tight night & day, I was even sleeping with the thing on. I now take it off at night lol

Whatever happened, this will hopefully be a rare case. If it happens happens again I'll try some of that athletes foot cream, but I'm really hoping that's not the case. I'd feel at least a little embarrassed since I initially wasn't .

Edit: Thanks everyone for giving me advice by the way! I do appreciate it.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PineTime at FOSDEM jmlich 5 626 02-07-2024, 11:48 PM
Last Post: tllim
  PineTime turns off when removed from cradle tynstar 0 183 01-31-2024, 11:57 AM
Last Post: tynstar
  PineTime and Amazfish on Ubuntu Touch jmlich 1 647 10-14-2023, 04:12 PM
Last Post: tllim
  PineTime is dead!! Markdanni123 12 13,509 09-18-2023, 10:17 PM
Last Post: ccchan234
  PineTime Sleep Tracking any_mouse 12 12,016 07-10-2023, 05:41 PM
Last Post: davidair
  PineTime Dead out of box? henkery 1 1,152 03-12-2023, 04:34 PM
Last Post: henkery
  Pinetime almost dead... only shows Infinitime logo. lightweight 8 6,514 02-11-2023, 09:30 AM
Last Post: alexmitroff
  PineTime beginner MV1791 2 2,089 01-09-2023, 11:52 PM
Last Post: Canyonless
  Struggling to detect Pinetime over bluetooth John45595 0 1,121 11-20-2022, 11:06 PM
Last Post: John45595
  PineTime Dev Kit for sale igor.bljahhin 2 3,132 10-19-2022, 05:34 AM
Last Post: peatord