PinePhone Mobian CE shipping update thread
(02-27-2021, 06:42 PM)FutureBucket Wrote: Man, Anything but Canada post and you're going to get charged fees. For this reason alone I wish that Pine64 would just use China post, if I'm paying for it why not let me choose?! I don't mind waiting the extra month it'll take. I'm sure its like 2% of us that want this so I get why they stick with DHL. Ah well.
When I ordered my UBports Pinephone last year, we had the choice and I selected it. But then the whole pandemic mess happened, and PINE64 charged us an additional fee ($20 I think) to ship by DHL or else would cancel the order.

A couple weeks after buying one of the last restocked KDE Plasma convergence Pinephones, the 3GB/32GB mainboards for BH/UBports owners finally came back in stock and I snatched one, along with a few other goodies (the new charger, cables, screen protector). This time there was a choice of shipping and I went with regular, which is China Post --> Canada Post. My package cleared Barnaby on Monday, and arrived in Mtl today. I'm hopeful I'll avoid fees.

Hopefully, when the global situation finally stabilizes, PINE64 will resume regular shipping for Pinephones.

(02-27-2021, 06:42 PM)FutureBucket Wrote: DHL doesn't tell you its an option because they don't make more money when you self clear it. If you're in a bigger city in Québec you should have a CBSA/ASFC office near you. https://cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/do-rb/provinces/qc-fra.html . It sounds like you'd have saved ~$18 CAD if you self cleared. Depending on your location and how much extra work it is, it might not be worth it. On top of that, Most of the DHL agents I talked to had no idea what I was talking about when I said I wanted to self clear. I don't know if they actually don't know or if they're told to do that. Even the CBSA officer said "DHL is harder to deal with then FedEX and UPS"

Personally, I had to drive all over Ottawa to self clear and pick mine up... I'm not sure its worth the $26 I saved.
I looked this up, many smaller cities have places that offer this. Next time maybe. Thanks for the info!
Received my order 03/16/2021.
(03-17-2021, 11:41 AM)marvinrvp Wrote: Received my order 03/16/2021.
Mine showed up today 3-17-2021

Ordered 01-29-2021

m@bian installing as I type.
Mine came in yesterday! I'm so glad to finally have it
Hi guys, I'll unpin the thread for now but will leave it open until mid April. I'll eventually close the thread to avoid people getting confused with BE phones start shipping.
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

(03-24-2021, 08:32 AM)Luke Wrote: Hi guys, I'll unpin the thread for now but will leave it open until mid April. I'll eventually close the thread to avoid people getting confused with BE phones start shipping.

What do you think about a "shipping time" thread, where people can post when they ordered and when they received their PinePhone?

I see the value of a 'Shipping Time" thread as a rather crude way of showing lead times - I don't intend it to be something to be used as a "hurry up and ship" type of thread/post.

I've used/seen these in a number of applications, mainly dealing with US government wait times on licensing.
(03-24-2021, 07:38 PM)dgdimick Wrote:
(03-24-2021, 08:32 AM)Luke Wrote: Hi guys, I'll unpin the thread for now but will leave it open until mid April. I'll eventually close the thread to avoid people getting confused with BE phones start shipping.

What do you think about a "shipping time" thread, where people can post when they ordered and when they received their PinePhone?

I see the value of a 'Shipping Time" thread as a rather crude way of showing lead times - I don't intend it to be something to be used as a "hurry up and ship" type of thread/post.

I've used/seen these in a number of applications, mainly dealing with US government wait times on licensing.

You are, of course, welcome to start one. However, when you receive your PinePhone is not dictated by when you order, but rather the region you live in. As you know, PinePhones are shipped in batches, so - as an example - when the US portion of a batch ships, it is likely that the 1st person and 1001st person ordering from the US will get their units at the same time.

The reason for the shipping update threads is to unburden support and provide everyone with up-to-date information on shipping status. If you think that a shipping time thread is of any value to further unburden support, and is of value to end users, then go right ahead.

Thanks for the reply Luke.

I think you're spot on, and will probably will not start a thread. My concern is that even if I stated the shipping "facts", batches, Geo-Location, etc, a lot of people wont read the "seed" post, and the thread my be taken by some people as some sort of "official" thread, or even end up as a thread where people think they are going to get some sort of shipping help, or just end up a place where you can complain about XYZ and expect so form of support.

To be honest, the Monthly Updates you guys are putting out seem to be a pretty good solution; if people take the 5 mins to read the post.
Hello, I have ordered the phone 25-march, the shipping address is Wilmington, DE ,United States (US) and the order number is [Order #176382], but still I have no tracking number(no e-mails).
I locked this thread because, predictably, people are getting confused and asking question about PinePhone BE shipments here.

For PinePhone BE updates and queries, please head over here.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Shipping Update and Stock Availability Thread Luke 87 87,937 03-05-2023, 12:35 PM
Last Post: maos
  PinePhone Keyboard update [April 24/04] Luke 73 106,242 08-12-2022, 11:46 AM
Last Post: kat22
  The PinePhone keyboard and cases are here! Luke 11 10,100 03-11-2022, 07:16 AM
Last Post: nontrivial
  PinePhone community poll results Luke 2 3,660 02-01-2022, 04:03 PM
Last Post: zer0sig
  PinePhone Pro Explorer Edition is now available Luke 1 3,162 01-12-2022, 11:52 AM
Last Post: zer0sig
  October update follow-up Luke 0 2,503 10-29-2021, 01:02 PM
Last Post: Luke
  PinePhone BE & Pinebook Pro shipping update thread Luke 136 164,225 06-04-2021, 09:43 AM
  PinePhone BETA Edition pre-orders start March 24 Luke 2 5,978 04-23-2021, 09:25 PM
Last Post: ryo
  PinePhone KDE Community Edition shipping update thread. Luke 135 174,020 04-11-2021, 01:47 PM
Video February Community Update Video Synopsis Luke 0 2,873 02-19-2021, 08:23 PM