(ARCHIVED) Debian Jessie Images (3.10.102 BSP Kernel) New Release
(05-10-2016, 01:19 AM)Marvels Wrote: The IP that is being assigned is 169.192.32.54 which is an invalid address.
Am I missing something?

You got 169.254.32.54 which is not invalid but a valid self assigned IP address for 'link local' use. What lenny proposes is absolutely useless since not a missing MAC address is the problem but no network connection. Instead of proposing only crappy workarounds it would've been more interesting to get the full ifconfig output to be able to nail the problem down eventually.

What you're missing might be this http://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=887&page=2 (potential relationship between underpowering and GbE Ethernet)

Until now no one asked for feedback in this area got back with information. Since they're all busy trying out stupid workarounds.
Hi,

Thanks for the images.
I installed the Mate Debian image. How can I get copy-paste to xterm? Has anybody been able to install Logitech Squeezebox media server on this image, version 7.9? I end up with errors of some modules not loading

edited: ok, I found the MATE-varsion of Xterm. It has copy-paste in it. Still working on the Squeezebox installation. Tried to downgrade to Perl 15.8. Server not working yet
(05-11-2016, 01:35 AM)tkaiser Wrote:
(05-10-2016, 01:19 AM)Marvels Wrote: The IP that is being assigned is 169.192.32.54 which is an invalid address.
Am I missing something?

You got 169.254.32.54 which is not invalid but a valid self assigned IP address for 'link local' use. What lenny proposes is absolutely useless since not a missing MAC address is the problem but no network connection. Instead of proposing only crappy workarounds it would've been more interesting to get the full ifconfig output to be able to nail the problem down eventually.

What you're missing might be this http://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=887&page=2 (potential relationship between underpowering and GbE Ethernet)

Until now no one asked for feedback in this area got back with information. Since they're all busy trying out stupid workarounds.

You are correct it was a 169.254 address.

I changed the MAC address as suggested and I still do not have a working Ethernet connection. Its producing the same symptoms.

I've had to take a picture of the ifconfig as without Ethernet I have no way of posting on here, so I'm sorry for the quality.

[Image: p64-ethernet2-e1463070889803.jpg]

I've tried 3 different 5v 2a adapters, with different cables as well. I know I cannot guarantee that they are all working but I would like to hope at least one of them is generating the correct current. I've ordered a usb voltage meter so I can check to see how much is being drawn through the adapter and cable.
Trying to find the perfect 4k media player - PiDevices.co.uk
I also have ethernet network problems with the Jessie/Mate build on my 1GB Pine64+ board. One funny details is that the last octet of the static ipv4 address I set is ignored, and instead something else is set. F.e. I set 192.168.3.16, ifconfig reports 192.168.3.4 or something else. DNS traffic works, but nothing else does; that is, I can resolve hosts, but no other traffic will work and thusly I really can't do anything with the network. Ethernet works just fine on the Arch Linux build.

[Image: 8VRDidQ.jpg]
Try this folks.

Comment out the eth0 in /etc/network/interfaces

This sounds like an issue with using network manager. As there is an entry in /etc/network/interfaces for eth0 network manager marks it as unmanaged.

try that and reboot and let me know if that worked out for you Wink
If you like my work be sure to check out my site or wish to donate to the cause

Cheers Big Grin
(05-12-2016, 12:33 PM)lenny.raposo-pine64.pro Wrote: Try this folks.

This sounds like an issue with using network manager. As there is an entry in /etc/network/interfaces for eth0 network manager marks it as unmanaged.

Well that has made some progress for me.

I can now get 100MB connection. 1GB connection is not working across any OS though not just this one.

I have a 5v 3a power supply and a USB charge meter coming so I can test to see if the Pine64 is under powered for the Gigabit Ethernet
Trying to find the perfect 4k media player - PiDevices.co.uk
(05-13-2016, 12:30 AM)Marvels Wrote:
(05-12-2016, 12:33 PM)lenny.raposo-pine64.pro Wrote: Try this folks.

Well that has made some progress for me.

I can now get 100MB connection. 1GB connection is not working across any OS though not just this one.

I have a 5v 3a power supply and a USB charge meter coming so I can test to see if the Pine64 is under powered for the Gigabit Ethernet
What model is the etherswitch or router you are connecting to. Can you disable auto-negotiation on that device and set it for max speed?

I've had plenty of Netgear, 3com, even some Kalpana hardware the couldnt auto-negotiate for crap. 

Do all the connections in your RJ45 on the Pine look ok? Nothing bent out of shape?

Last stupid Q can you take a close look at your Ethernet chip (one closest to your rj45 and microsub) and Verify it is a RTL8211E
Hi Lenny and all,

I don't know to which extent I'm helpful here, but I removed the whole desktop environment from your Debian MATE image (as I don't need one), which saved some 500 MB of space on the SD card, making it usable with 4GB cards and leaving plenty of space for server applications. The RAM usage also decreased by 200+ MB. All other features are left untouched, including SSH server, so there is even no need to have an HDMI display at hand to get going.

I feel there are people out here who also would like their PINE64 without a desktop environment, so the captured image is available on Google Drive:
***  Expert members of this forum do not recommend using it, use at your own risk!  ***
pine64-image-debian-noDE-310101bsp.img.xz

P. S. I know this can be done by a couple commands upon boot. But this takes some time which can be used for better things.
P. P. S. If there is anyone here who has enough time and is skilled enough to make a clean minimalistic image, I would appreciate his help in making a 'clean' image.
What the diference between this release and the one on the pine64 official site?
Do not use unclean images. Any image which was booted should be avoided. Do not post them, do not download them - delete them.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Debian installer on Pine A64+ but no hdmi mrwick 1 4,943 07-28-2020, 01:49 PM
Last Post: kuleszdl
  Debian Pine64 h264/5 Video under vlc ozcy 6 12,912 04-15-2020, 05:27 AM
Last Post: dmitrymyadzelets
  OMV/debian/systemd: how to start the network kittyland 0 2,982 12-10-2019, 05:29 PM
Last Post: kittyland
  Debian 10 (Buster) in deep freeze - includes support for Pine64+ amp 5 10,221 07-22-2019, 09:29 PM
Last Post: amp
  Pine64 Debian Stretch/mainline [4.14.7] CallMeFoxie 50 122,304 07-22-2019, 09:24 PM
Last Post: amp
  Installing Debian with the Debian Installer (Buster RC1) amp 1 4,807 06-28-2019, 12:35 PM
Last Post: Kaarme42
  Script to build pure Debian images for Pine64+ amp 1 4,249 05-01-2019, 09:09 PM
Last Post: tllim
  Debian (Stretch) for Pine64-LTS wgray 2 6,346 04-04-2019, 09:54 PM
Last Post: wgray
  Is there just one fuctioning Debian Desktop image? KNERD 7 13,216 03-29-2019, 02:00 AM
Last Post: desai_amogh
  how to set kernel parameter 'fsck.mode=force' marcelser 6 12,134 05-09-2018, 09:07 PM
Last Post: pfeerick