PINEBOOK Pro USB-C Docking Deck issues
Question 
Heyoh, I had purchased the PB-Pro Docking Deck recently and seem to be having some issues with it. Primarily, I can't seem to charge my Pinebook Pro off of it, and secondarily, It's not connecting to the plugged in ethernet...
The dock didn't come with any extra charging cables, so I just plugged in the PB-Ps charger directly into the docking bar, then the dock into the PB via the USB-C cable (in the one and only usb-c port). The PB does appear to be able to read SSDs that are plugged into the bar, so I feel like the USB-C itself is fine. The ethernet port is blinking as if it is transferring data, but only WiFi options appear. I'm using Manjaro ARM XFCE 21.04 atm, if that plays into it. Thanks in advance!
(07-06-2021, 04:34 PM)pawzy Wrote: Heyoh, I had purchased the PB-Pro Docking Deck recently and seem to be having some issues with it. Primarily, I can't seem to charge my Pinebook Pro off of it, and secondarily, It's not connecting to the plugged in ethernet...
The dock didn't come with any extra charging cables, so I just plugged in the PB-Ps charger directly into the docking bar, then the dock into the PB via the USB-C cable (in the one and only usb-c port). The PB does appear to be able to read SSDs that are plugged into the bar, so I feel like the USB-C itself is fine. The ethernet port is blinking as if it is transferring data, but only WiFi options appear. I'm using Manjaro ARM XFCE 21.04 atm, if that plays into it. Thanks in advance!
I installed the newest version of Manjaro ARM KDE, and seemed to run into the same problem with the dock. But I think I stumbled onto another issue that may have been holding me back... and I feel really silly... I took the USB-C cable out, turned it over, 180 degrees, and re-inserted it... and now it appears to be working.
(07-07-2021, 09:35 AM)pawzy Wrote:
(07-06-2021, 04:34 PM)pawzy Wrote: Heyoh, I had purchased the PB-Pro Docking Deck recently and seem to be having some issues with it. Primarily, I can't seem to charge my Pinebook Pro off of it, and secondarily, It's not connecting to the plugged in ethernet...
I installed the newest version of Manjaro ARM KDE, and seemed to run into the same problem with the dock. But I think I stumbled onto another issue that may have been holding me back... and I feel really silly... I took the USB-C cable out, turned it over, 180 degrees, and re-inserted it... and now it appears to be working.

I've been having similar problems, using majaro arm with sway.

The 180 degrees issue is visible if I run journalctl -fe.

I'm also finding that the secondary screen doesn't always work.

Anecdotally, if I drop the brightness on the PBP to around 75% and reboot with the cable in the "right" way, the screen often works again.

Any ideas what could be causing it?

I also notice that sometimes the power draw drops and stays at 0.3A, after a reboot, it'll usually run at 2.2Aish under light load (emails etc.).
(07-18-2021, 09:15 AM)bluekeys Wrote:
(07-07-2021, 09:35 AM)pawzy Wrote:

I've been having similar problems, using majaro arm with sway.

The 180 degrees issue is visible if I run journalctl -fe.

I'm also finding that the secondary screen doesn't always work.

Anecdotally, if I drop the brightness on the PBP to around 75% and reboot with the cable in the "right" way, the screen often works again.

Any ideas what could be causing it?

I also notice that sometimes the power draw drops and stays at 0.3A, after a reboot, it'll usually run at 2.2Aish under light load (emails etc.).

Just for information,

pinebookpro docking deck  seems to work as well/bad for pinephone pro but usb-c cable is wobbly (unfastened,loosy ?? sorry not sure of my english)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pinebook Pro on Debian 12 Power Issue u974615 1 232 03-13-2024, 10:46 AM
Last Post: u974615
  Pinebook Pro Source for Trackpad Flex / Ribbon Cable rankharris 1 180 02-17-2024, 07:06 PM
Last Post: tllim
  HDMI or VGA From Pinebook Pro via Pinebook Pro Docking Deck? segaloco 0 151 02-13-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: segaloco
  Pinebook Pro charging issues tomekdev 1 526 01-05-2024, 08:40 PM
Last Post: tomekdev
  Replacement battery for PineBook Pro DrYak 3 955 11-07-2023, 10:09 AM
Last Post: DrYak
  Pinebook Pro Revised Keyboard Firmware jackhumbert 73 127,090 09-13-2023, 03:43 AM
Last Post: k3dAR
  PineBook Pro dead ottahe 9 5,713 01-18-2023, 07:41 PM
Last Post: ottahe
  Pinebook Pro malfunctioned hardware samtux 10 4,140 12-27-2022, 03:31 PM
Last Post: samtux
  Touchpad Issues - August 2022 Run SteveCaruso 5 2,802 12-14-2022, 11:00 PM
Last Post: doug
  PineBook Pro revision 2.2: Wishlist for the hardware issue fixes dsimic 115 131,755 11-30-2022, 04:28 PM
Last Post: KC9UDX