PinePhone KDE Community Edition shipping update thread.
(01-31-2021, 05:54 PM)sawduster Wrote: My tracking updated on Friday that it was sitting in Hebron, KY.  So guessing it's bound for DHL and I'll have an update tomorrow - expecting it soon since it's only a few hours away.

How long was the time from payment to shipping?

Thanks Dennis
Still haven't received the shipping notice with the new tracking number. Anyone else in the same boat?  Hopefully soon.

Wooo! Scratch that. Should be here Wednesday!
(01-31-2021, 08:20 PM)schlomie Wrote: Still haven't received the shipping notice with the new tracking number. Anyone else in the same boat?  Hopefully soon.

I just got a new tracking number, and a new delivery date of Feb. 3, about 30 minutes ago, so I hope that you will get one soon as well.
In the hope this a useful update (perhaps more for UK bound deliveries)

PinePhone now shipping again in the UK with a new waybill number,
having already paid Import Duty on the old waybill number, DHL asking again for payment

This can be resolved by calling their Import and Excise line
0344 209 0102 (Option 1 : general queries)

With the two waybill numbers (old and new) they were able to identify the issue,
then forwarded to their accounts to reallocate the payment.

Pretty painless all in all, but might not hurt to have the Transaction ID of the Duty Payment.

Duty was £43.59 in case anybody is keeping track of post-Brexit differences

Still not here yet, but really excited to be getting going with this as soon as it arrives.

Thanks again to everyone at Pine for making this happenSmile
No tracking update from Pine64. DHL status still "returned to shipper".

Asking anyone who got a tracking update if Pine sent you a new email or did DHL update you?

Thanks.
(02-01-2021, 05:15 AM)MtnSk8 Wrote: No tracking update from Pine64. DHL status still "returned to shipper".

Asking anyone who got a tracking update if Pine sent you a new email or did DHL update you?

Thanks.
DHL Sent an email with a new waybill - this wasn't an update, but rather a new standard shipping email
(02-01-2021, 05:35 AM)slate Wrote:
(02-01-2021, 05:15 AM)MtnSk8 Wrote: No tracking update from Pine64. DHL status still "returned to shipper".

Thanks.
DHL Sent an email with a new waybill - this wasn't an update, but rather a new standard shipping email
Thanks!

My next question is: how do I get DHL update info? Smile  
I only have the old waybill and item #.
MtnSk8
Thanks!

Unfortunately its a waiting game - I couldn't search using the item number, but if my email history helps any;

26 Jan - DHL On Demand Delivery  (Original Waybill number)
28 Jan - DHL Import Duty/Tax Payment Receipt (after payment)
30 Jan - DHL On Demand Delivery  (New Waybill number)
31 Jan - DHL Import Duty/Tax Payment Alert (for new waybill)

Although these dates relate to a UK destination shipment, hopefully its a rough timeline thoughSmile
So I ordered early January, and the Phone (including Cable and Dongle) just arrived in the mail an hour ago, so everything is fine on my end now.

However you guys had me panicked about the shipping Address, because DHL decided to display it as:
> Firstname Lastname Firstname Lastname, 12345 Exampletown
Without any Street listed at all.

And the Sticker on the Package itself, low and behold it looked like

Firstname Lastname
Firstname Lastname
Examplestreet 42
12345 Exampletown
Germany

So I do not know what exactly happened there, because I would not be dumb enough to enter my full name twice and into the obviously wrong field, especially when the PineStore Bill clearly has everything listed in the correct format with my name only appearing once. Something must've screwed up between Pine64 and DHL there.

P.S. You guys made me realize just how much money goes to Value Added Tax alone, geez 25% is a lot. (not that the German VAT of 19% is all that much lower...)
(02-01-2021, 06:41 AM)slate Wrote: MtnSk8
Thanks!

Unfortunately its a waiting game - I couldn't search using the item number, but if my email history helps any;

26 Jan - DHL On Demand Delivery  (Original Waybill number)
28 Jan - DHL Import Duty/Tax Payment Receipt (after payment)
30 Jan - DHL On Demand Delivery  (New Waybill number)
31 Jan - DHL Import Duty/Tax Payment Alert (for new waybill)

Although these dates relate to a UK destination shipment, hopefully its a rough timeline thoughSmile

Thanks again.

I guess I don't get emails from dhl because I've never paid import tax here in the US.

At this point I think it's safe to assume pin64 won't be sending me the new tracking info (major fail imo).

I'll just have to go through dhl customer support process and see if they can track it down.

If it were summer here in the cascade mtns it could sit on the porch for a month and be no problem Smile not so much right now, lol.

Cheers!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New community website! Luke 3 2,099 10-19-2023, 02:10 PM
Last Post: zer0sig
  Shipping Update and Stock Availability Thread Luke 87 88,279 03-05-2023, 12:35 PM
Last Post: maos
  PinePhone Keyboard update [April 24/04] Luke 73 106,595 08-12-2022, 11:46 AM
Last Post: kat22
  The PinePhone keyboard and cases are here! Luke 11 10,156 03-11-2022, 07:16 AM
Last Post: nontrivial
  PinePhone community poll results Luke 2 3,689 02-01-2022, 04:03 PM
  PinePhone Pro Explorer Edition is now available Luke 1 3,186 01-12-2022, 11:52 AM
  October update follow-up Luke 0 2,514 10-29-2021, 01:02 PM
Last Post: Luke
  PinePhone BE & Pinebook Pro shipping update thread Luke 136 164,764 06-04-2021, 09:43 AM
  PinePhone Mobian CE shipping update thread Luke 59 79,772 04-25-2021, 12:57 PM
  PinePhone BETA Edition pre-orders start March 24 Luke 2 6,003 04-23-2021, 09:25 PM
Last Post: ryo