PineTab options and accessories
1) One of the pictures I saw of the internals of the PineTab showed a SSD installed,  but I did not see that adapter in the store.
   IS it   or will it be available ?

2) Will it be possible to add a phone/data modem  ? 

3) Can the 64gb eMMC be upgraded to a 128gb,  or perhaps larger ?

The speaker placement in the picture,  kinda wish they were forward pointing instead of rear pointing.
   It looks like the sides of the screen bezel would support forward facing speakers.

4)  Does it have a GPS module installed ?

5) When will they offer more of them "For Sale"  ?

Thanks
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
On https://www.pine64.org/pinetab/ they say:
Quote:Multiple expansion boards for LTE, LoRa and SATA SSD
So to answer your first two questions, I believe there will be SSD and phone boards, but dunno when. Also note that somewhere I've read that it won't be possible to use both SSD and modem at the same time. However PineTab has a USB 2.0 port, so via a usb-hub you can attach USB modems, SSD bridges, and other Linux-compatible hardware. Performance will suffer, ofc (since all of it will be working via a single USB 2.0 connection), but oh well.

To answer your last question - I dunno, but I think that likely not before August - when this batch will be shipped.
https://wiki.pine64.org/index.php?title=PineTab

My interpretation is that there's an optional M.2 slot on an expansion board that isn't yet available, and into that slot you can put an SSD or an LTE modem. There's no mention of GPS so it's safe to assume it's not built in, but it may be available on the LTE modem. I'd guess you need to add antennae for LTE and GPS too.

I'm not sure if the eMMC will be socketed or not.

Answers should become clear as people start receiving them, which will probably be before a second batch is on sale.
In the picture I saw of the PineTab,   the eMMC appears to be 'socketed'  but I could not tell for certain.
  There definitely was a 256gb SSD module in the picture,  but no mention of it anywhere,  that I saw (?)

Yeah,  a LTE modem could include a GPS,  but I would prefer it separate.
   (  >  I did voice that opinion before the Brave Heart was released. <  )
I would greatly appreciate being able to use the GPS while the phone modem is turned off.
   A  GPS module by itself is just a receiver,
while the LTE module is in constant 2 way contact with the cell towers.
     SO the LTE modem also consumes more battery power.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(06-15-2020, 08:28 AM)wibble Wrote: https://wiki.pine64.org/index.php?title=PineTab

My interpretation is that there's an optional M.2 slot on an expansion board that isn't yet available, and into that slot you can put an SSD or an LTE modem. There's no mention of GPS so it's safe to assume it's not built in, but it may be available on the LTE modem. I'd guess you need to add antennae for LTE and GPS too.

I'm not sure if the eMMC will be socketed or not.

Answers should become clear as people start receiving them, which will probably be before a second batch is on sale.
eMMC module is socket and can upgrade to 128GB.
(06-15-2020, 06:22 AM)Lex-2008 Wrote: On https://www.pine64.org/pinetab/ they say:
So to answer your first two questions, I believe there will be SSD and phone boards, but dunno when. Also note that somewhere I've read that it won't be possible to use both SSD and modem at the same time. However PineTab has a USB 2.0 port, so via a usb-hub you can attach USB modems, SSD bridges, and other Linux-compatible hardware. Performance will suffer, ofc (since all of it will be working via a single USB 2.0 connection), but oh well.

To answer your last question - I dunno, but I think that likely not before August - when this batch will be shipped.
Your LTE/SATA SSD option expansion board assumption is correct :-)

Prefer more testing to get ready instead of rush out. Most expansion boards should be ready when second batch PineTab ready for pre-order.
(06-16-2020, 10:44 PM)tllim Wrote:
(06-15-2020, 06:22 AM)Lex-2008 Wrote: On https://www.pine64.org/pinetab/ they say:

Your LTE/SATA SSD option expansion board assumption is correct :-)

Prefer more testing to get ready instead of rush out. Most expansion boards should be ready when second batch PineTab ready for pre-order.
So now I'm confused. I've seen one post saying the LTE expansion board will be included with the first batch, and now this one saying it will come at a later date. I'd be happy to get the version with just LTE and SSD option coming in the one I ordered if possible. I can always order the one with LoRa and RTL-SDR later. Is that possible?
(06-17-2020, 03:55 AM)rocket2nfinity Wrote: So now I'm confused. I've seen one post saying the LTE expansion board will be included with the first batch, and now this one saying it will come at a later date. I'd be happy to get the version with just LTE and SSD option coming in the one I ordered if possible. I can always order the one with LoRa and RTL-SDR later. Is that possible?

If I understand you right, you thought that expansion board will be shipped together with PineTabs. This is not the case, as I understand - you'll have to order them separately. Pine Inc (the company) ships devices with batteries (like PineTabs) separately from those without them. And yes, as @tllim said, we should expect to be able to order them around the time when the second batch of PineTabs will become available.
Shocked 
Do I miss something or PT has no Wifi at all? Huh
(06-19-2020, 03:30 PM)Dmytro Wrote: Do I miss something or PT has no Wifi at all? Huh

They have wifi. lol that would be pretty wild, selling a tablet without wifi

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Not able to power on PineTab anymore zkajdan 3 355 12-26-2023, 04:38 PM
Last Post: FortunateFowl
Question Will Pinetab 2 spare parts be available? vatin 6 1,402 12-09-2023, 01:31 AM
Last Post: tllim
  ?brighter screen replacement for pinetab (>1600 nits) dynobang 0 486 09-28-2023, 01:06 PM
Last Post: dynobang
  [Tutorial] How to overclock Pinetab 2 Darth-Apple 0 730 09-25-2023, 08:45 AM
Last Post: Darth-Apple
  External Reset button on PineTab V? michaelengel 0 481 09-18-2023, 06:31 AM
Last Post: michaelengel
  Pinetab 2 screen no longer coming on Fibonacci 9 2,707 06-30-2023, 08:26 AM
Last Post: Purple_Illusion
  Pinetab completely bricked Saksmito 8 2,391 06-10-2023, 04:23 PM
Last Post: fxc
  What RISC-V chip will the PineTab-V use? msm 2 1,572 04-05-2023, 06:58 PM
Last Post: msm
Big Grin Howto: Pinetab Screen Replacements (+ Pictures) RTP 5 6,216 02-10-2022, 08:31 PM
Last Post: barray
  Offer: PineTab with keyboard firefox-58 3 4,568 09-27-2021, 12:36 PM
Last Post: stmguard