debian+phosh running on PinePhone
Great teasing !
Of course i gonna flash my own build.
But just for fun, i'll also try an update/upgrade before.
Just to see what happen and maybe if something from the 'old way' stay somewhere.

All returns are welcome.
Thanks again a-wai
(04-16-2020, 02:33 AM)cefre00 Wrote: this is a damn Linux phone if you want android go and buy an android phone.

I don't want an android phone, but sometimes it can be useful to be able to run an android app on a Linux-phone. That's what anbox is about.
Strictly the same for Windows apps.
i agree.
Anyway the first(s) things to do remains.
Geary (for example) running well on PinePhone still have priority against anything else, even if it's a very interesting problem/issue about a non 'native Debian' app.
I recently saw that battery life on Ubuntu touch has been increased a lot with the addition of CRUST. Is there any plans to incorporate it in the Debian image ?

https://www.reddit.com/r/PINE64official/...g_to_look/
https://github.com/crust-firmware/crust
(04-17-2020, 11:24 AM)TimotheeLF Wrote: I recently saw that battery life on Ubuntu touch has been increased a lot with the addition of CRUST. Is there any plans to incorporate it in the Debian image ?

Check post #399 on the previous page ...
  • ROCKPro64 v2.1 2GB, 16Gb eMMC for rootfs, SX8200Pro 512GB NVMe for /home, HDMI video & sound, Bluetooth keyboard & mouse. Arch (6.2 kernel, Openbox desktop) for general purpose daily PC.
  • PinePhone Pro Explorer Edition, daily driver, rk2aw & U-boot on SPI, Arch/SXMO & Arch/phosh on eMMC
  • PinePhone BraveHeart now v1.2b 3/32Gb, Tow-boot with Arch/SXMO on eMMC
I do not have any exact time on battery life,
However, in the past I would un-plug the phone at bedtime, the next morning it would be off and dead.
NOW, it shows 25% charge when I checked it this morning. Pretty fair improvement !

Twice now I have had a incoming text while I had the text app open and it vibrates as it should, but the vibrate motor did not turn off
The phone would not even turn off using the GUI, I had to hold the power button for a full 7 seconds to shut down.
after a re-start all works as it should again.

My favorite OS for sure, just reporting, I have not seen anyone else report on this particular item.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
Not sure if this is an upstream issue, but I think this depends on the configuration. When the screen is turned off it will still accept touch input. You can test this by turning the screen off, swiping upwards and then turning the screen back on. You will see the pin entry instead of just the lock screen.

I guess we could save a lot of power by turning the touch input off with the screen.
(04-18-2020, 10:33 AM)Boern Wrote: Not sure if this is an upstream issue, but I think this depends on the configuration. When the screen is turned off it will still accept touch input. You can test this by turning the screen off, swiping upwards and then turning the screen back on. You will see the pin entry instead of just the lock screen.

I guess we could save a lot of power by turning the touch input off with the screen.

Very interesting.
i just got everything installed and working.  i managed to build nmap on it, and wanted to see what i had to do to contribute that to the effort.  i'm going to be building a lot of things from source and some of it may be non-standard.  if it isn't that hard to turn it into an install package i can do that while i'm building them and share them with everyone.  you guys have done such a great job building this to where i can just drop in my sim, connect to the wifi, install a few things and start compiling crap.  it took me a day to get the os installed, but about an hour to figure out how to start building crap.
(04-17-2020, 11:24 AM)TimotheeLF Wrote: I recently saw that battery life on Ubuntu touch has been increased a lot with the addition of CRUST. Is there any plans to incorporate it in the Debian image ?
As previously mentioned, work in this direction will be part of the next release. Please note, however, that it has its drawbacks, such as incoming calls not waking up the phone atm (even in UT, no OS has it figured out yet), so it's really experimental and not fit for using the phone as a daily driver.

(04-18-2020, 10:33 AM)Boern Wrote: Not sure if this is an upstream issue, but I think this depends on the configuration. When the screen is turned off it will still accept touch input. You can test this by turning the screen off, swiping upwards and then turning the screen back on. You will see the pin entry instead of just the lock screen.
This is tracked as an upstream issue already, but it depends on other stuff being implemented before it is being dealt with.

(04-18-2020, 03:44 PM)sfzombie13 Wrote: i managed to build nmap on it, and wanted to see what i had to do to contribute that to the effort.  i'm going to be building a lot of things from source and some of it may be non-standard.  if it isn't that hard to turn it into an install package i can do that while i'm building them and share them with everyone.
That'd be nice, thanks! You can check the Debian new maintainer's guide to have an overview of the packaging process, and feel free to use the packages on our Gitlab as examples.
Regarding nmap this shouldn't be necessary however, as the package already exists in Debian.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  bookworm vs trixie discussion for mobian in pinephone regular. zetabeta 15 1,514 03-25-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: anonymous
  unofficial kali linux for pinephone help needed pinesmell 5 3,452 01-08-2024, 02:50 PM
Last Post: ERPlegend
  Auto start application on Phosh login Zebulon Walton 8 3,106 10-14-2023, 06:29 AM
Last Post: alaraajavamma
  Problem with updates: Repository 'Debian bookworm' changed its 'non-free component' Anna 7 1,913 08-31-2023, 12:38 PM
Last Post: vusra
  Has anyone got briar-desktop running on mobian? vusra 5 2,863 06-19-2023, 03:02 PM
Last Post: vusra
  Using sway along phosh fdlamotte 2 3,214 05-11-2023, 04:24 PM
Last Post: kabouik
  Axolotl on PinePhone / Mobian arno_nuehm 219 160,366 03-26-2023, 01:49 AM
Last Post: shulamy
  PinePhone won't boot after software update jb2000 2 1,250 03-17-2023, 07:26 AM
Last Post: Zebulon Walton
Wink Pinephone lost graphic during mobian system upgrade cmpin 4 2,060 03-01-2023, 04:45 PM
Last Post: anonymous
  Mobian + phosh firefox ublock and other overlays display bugs tuxcall 3 1,676 02-24-2023, 12:11 AM
Last Post: nexion