debian+phosh running on PinePhone
Hi.  Anyone notice in PHOSH today that one of the three output device options in Sound "disappeared"? I now only have the option for internal earpiece and internal speaker. Before I ran apt update && apt upgrade today there was a third option, for the headphone jack which was working yesterday. I did notice a kernel update going through today and a alsa update as well...
(04-03-2020, 05:53 PM)canadien666 Wrote: Hi.  Anyone notice in PHOSH today that one of the three output device options in Sound "disappeared"? I now only have the option for internal earpiece and internal speaker. Before I ran apt update && apt upgrade today there was a third option, for the headphone jack which was working yesterday. I did notice a kernel update going through today and a alsa update as well...

When I plug in a headphone, I see a third option "Headset - Built-in Audio".
Yep, I'm currently working on auto jack detection and switching, so the "Headset" option may not be there with nothing plugged in, but re-appear (and automatically switch to it) when plugging a headphone/headset.
If it doesn't happen, please report here and give more details ("simple" headphones or headset with built-in mic/buttons? is the issue persistent across reboots? what happens with a cold boot? a reboot?)

Please note this might delay the next release for a few days, until every part of it is sorted out and fixed (for example, I know there's an issue with headset not working during voice calls atm, this is being worked on)
Thanks for the replies.  I get no third output option with or without something plugged in the jack. Tried a pair of headphones/w mic and a speaker/no mic. Thanks for all the work going into this project, really enjoy watching it's progress.
I just wanted to give a huge shoutout to you guys working on debian phosh. I got my new Pinephone a few days ago and all the operating systems I installed kind of disappointed me. Slow, extremely buggy, unusable. Then, really by coincidence, I found debian phosh, and I immediately fell in love. I could use desktop Firefox, desktop telegram worked, and everything was fast and smooth. It is by far the most usable system right now.

GREAT WORK!!!
Thanks Smile

(04-04-2020, 05:52 AM)canadien666 Wrote: Thanks for the replies.  I get no third output option with or without something plugged in the jack. Tried a pair of headphones/w mic and a speaker/no mic. Thanks for all the work going into this project, really enjoy watching it's progress.

@canadien666 can you try again with today's latest kernel update please?
(04-05-2020, 04:57 AM)a-wai Wrote: Thanks Smile

(04-04-2020, 05:52 AM)canadien666 Wrote: Thanks for the replies.  I get no third output option with or without something plugged in the jack. Tried a pair of headphones/w mic and a speaker/no mic. Thanks for all the work going into this project, really enjoy watching it's progress.

@canadien666 can you try again with today's latest kernel update please?

Hello, the headphones are automatically detected after today's update. Tried several times with with standard earbuds and a speaker. The third output option appears when the jack is being used and it disappears when not. Thanks!
Minor Problem :

First I want to say this is hands down the best distro I have tried, it is the one I can use as it is and carry my phone anywhere.

while using the text app the main window scrolls perfectly showing all the recent names or phone numbers and last messages.

But on the individual messages when I try to scroll through the past messages, the screen is very hard to get a response, sometimes raising and dropping the keyboard from the screen seems to help,,,?
and sometimes while writing a text the phone will crash and power down or re-start..?
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(04-03-2020, 11:51 AM)p1trson Wrote: There's indeed a regression when it comes to wifi functionality. I did not test other distros for few weeks, but as said previously:

I did test all major distributions few weeks ago and wifi was much better:
- stable signal 
- stronger signal

The wifi functionality in current debian+phosh is very dissapointing (even though it's probably related to the driver and not the distro itself). I can prove it by testing other current distro builds - if I'm going to have a time for this.

I have a mikrotik router at home (with stronger signal than usual 'hobby' routers) and even standing 2 meters from it the wifi icon does not signalize full signal. I think I don't have to add that other iOS, Android devices at my home don't have this problem.

another question ..what app is recommended for terminal ? the keyboard in the "king's cross" is not usable to do anything in the terminal efficiently.

@kaeptnkrunch and @p1trson

To fix your wifi woes, try the below.

Code:
sudo iw dev wlan0 set power_save off

PS Looks like a lot has been happening on this thread whilst I've been away!
(04-05-2020, 12:03 PM)bcnaz Wrote: But on the individual messages when I try to scroll through the past messages, the screen is very hard to get a response, sometimes raising and dropping the keyboard from the screen seems to help,,,?
 and sometimes while writing a text the phone will crash and power down or re-start..?

I get this in PureOs as well. It seems to be a phosh isssue. chatty seems to crash phosh which causes the service to restart. if you do 

Code:
sudo systemctl restart phosh

you will see the same behavior.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  bookworm vs trixie discussion for mobian in pinephone regular. zetabeta 15 1,514 03-25-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: anonymous
  unofficial kali linux for pinephone help needed pinesmell 5 3,449 01-08-2024, 02:50 PM
Last Post: ERPlegend
  Auto start application on Phosh login Zebulon Walton 8 3,106 10-14-2023, 06:29 AM
Last Post: alaraajavamma
  Problem with updates: Repository 'Debian bookworm' changed its 'non-free component' Anna 7 1,908 08-31-2023, 12:38 PM
Last Post: vusra
  Has anyone got briar-desktop running on mobian? vusra 5 2,862 06-19-2023, 03:02 PM
Last Post: vusra
  Using sway along phosh fdlamotte 2 3,214 05-11-2023, 04:24 PM
Last Post: kabouik
  Axolotl on PinePhone / Mobian arno_nuehm 219 160,325 03-26-2023, 01:49 AM
Last Post: shulamy
  PinePhone won't boot after software update jb2000 2 1,248 03-17-2023, 07:26 AM
Last Post: Zebulon Walton
Wink Pinephone lost graphic during mobian system upgrade cmpin 4 2,057 03-01-2023, 04:45 PM
Last Post: anonymous
  Mobian + phosh firefox ublock and other overlays display bugs tuxcall 3 1,675 02-24-2023, 12:11 AM
Last Post: nexion