debian+phosh running on PinePhone
(03-12-2020, 10:31 AM)BlackWater Wrote: ...

... now the phone is stuck in infinite loading, I tried to leave like this all the night but no luck ?

Something weird is hanging - if I log in via ssh it seems to break the deadlock and the phone screen comes up OK.

Was logged in 5 minutes ago, plymouthd was running well after I had a phosh screen on the handset taking 15-30% of a cpu.
Did apt update && upgrade, got several gnome updates & systemd among others
On reboot hung at login command on handset. Not a lot I could do as no keyboard but as soon as I accessed via ssh the login completed and phosh screen appeared!

Now I don't have plymouthd at the top of top!

PS - just did another reboot, spent 5 minutes with flashing cursor on login screen on handset. As soon as I login via ssh the handset login completes and phosh desktop appears (as before)
  • ROCKPro64 v2.1 2GB, 16Gb eMMC for rootfs, SX8200Pro 512GB NVMe for /home, HDMI video & sound, Bluetooth keyboard & mouse. Arch (6.2 kernel, Openbox desktop) for general purpose daily PC.
  • PinePhone Pro Explorer Edition, daily driver, rk2aw & U-boot on SPI, Arch/SXMO & Arch/phosh on eMMC
  • PinePhone BraveHeart now v1.2b 3/32Gb, Tow-boot with Arch/SXMO on eMMC
(03-12-2020, 03:29 PM)dukla2000 Wrote:
(03-12-2020, 10:31 AM)BlackWater Wrote: ...

... now the phone is stuck in infinite loading, I tried to leave like this all the night but no luck ?

Something weird is hanging - if I log in via ssh it seems to break the deadlock and the phone screen comes up OK.

Was logged in 5 minutes ago, plymouthd was running well after I had a phosh screen on the handset taking 15-30% of a cpu.
Did apt update && upgrade, got several gnome updates & systemd among others
On reboot hung at login command on handset. Not a lot I could do as no keyboard but as soon as I accessed via ssh the login completed and phosh screen appeared!

Now I don't have plymouthd at the top of top!

PS - just did another reboot, spent 5 minutes with flashing cursor on login screen on handset. As soon as I login via ssh the handset login completes and phosh desktop appears (as before)

i get the Debian 10 logo ,and the AOL spinning wheel / (worm} of death.          < tried 2 downloads >
Code:
apt-get changelog systemd

systemd (245-2) unstable; urgency=medium

* Revert "job: Don't mark as redundant if deps are relevant"
   This change negatively affects plymouth which was no longer properly
   stopped after the system has completed booting. The running plymouth
   daemon can trigger a VT switch (to tty1). (Closes: #953670)

-- Michael Biebl <biebl@debian.org>  Thu, 12 Mar 2020 13:55:26 +0100

Maybe just because Sid is unstable Shy 
I'm trying to build again now.
Possibly something to do with internal/auto update ?

With yesterdays release, the phone worked 'ok' on the first call out, but when I attempted to call in to the phone

It did not work...

And some of the options just "disappeared" from the settings menu... after I tried to run 'update'...

NOW Todays release will not finish booting for me.

SOoo....

I went back to the previous release, and did NOT do any updates this time.

It 'Boots up' just fine.

The phone function is working ok on that release,

However I am not able to access the texting function there, but perhaps I am just not seeing the correct path.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
Was seeing the "hang" as well on the splash screen at boot, but, for some reason, if I just SSH in it unlocks and continues the boot normally. Thankfully, so far, it's DHCPing the same IP every time so SSH is predictable.
Code:
mars 06 16:39:09 pinephone phoc[1819]: [backend/session/logind.c:187] Failed to activate session: Interactive authentication required.
mars 06 16:39:09 pinephone phoc[1819]: [backend/session/direct-ipc.c:35] Do not have CAP_SYS_ADMIN; cannot become DRM master
mars 06 16:39:09 pinephone phoc[1819]: [backend/session/session.c:96] Failed to load session backend
mars 06 16:39:09 pinephone phoc[1819]: [backend/backend.c:234] failed to start a session
mars 06 16:39:09 pinephone phoc[1819]: [backend/backend.c:274] failed to start backend 'drm'
From user journal (don't look at the date it's from now)

//Edit
adding gdm3 to the build resolve the issue
//Edit again
adding just : libpam-modules libpam-systemd libselinux1 libsystemd0
don't
mhm, what's draining the battery when device is off ? After36 hours power off the battery is empty ??
Just a question guys: there is some USB support to connect a keyboard and/or mouse... and what about video support through the USB port?
(03-13-2020, 04:35 AM)BlackWater Wrote: Just a question guys: there is some USB support to connect a keyboard and/or mouse... and what about video support through the USB port?
Nope, not yet. I´m looking forward to it as well =)
"- is there already a tool for overclocking it desperately?" 
(03-13-2020, 04:29 AM)harvey186 Wrote: mhm, what's draining the battery when device is off ? After36 hours power off the battery is empty ??

I noticed that some releases have not completely "Shut Off"
    After simply clicking the off Icon,  Then you must use the power button to finish turning it off.
  If you give the power button a quick 1/2 second bump and get a screen,  you will know to turn it off manually.

Most OSes require you to hold the button 2 to 4 seconds to turn on the phone.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  bookworm vs trixie discussion for mobian in pinephone regular. zetabeta 15 1,512 03-25-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: anonymous
  unofficial kali linux for pinephone help needed pinesmell 5 3,449 01-08-2024, 02:50 PM
Last Post: ERPlegend
  Auto start application on Phosh login Zebulon Walton 8 3,105 10-14-2023, 06:29 AM
Last Post: alaraajavamma
  Problem with updates: Repository 'Debian bookworm' changed its 'non-free component' Anna 7 1,904 08-31-2023, 12:38 PM
Last Post: vusra
  Has anyone got briar-desktop running on mobian? vusra 5 2,861 06-19-2023, 03:02 PM
Last Post: vusra
  Using sway along phosh fdlamotte 2 3,213 05-11-2023, 04:24 PM
Last Post: kabouik
  Axolotl on PinePhone / Mobian arno_nuehm 219 160,101 03-26-2023, 01:49 AM
Last Post: shulamy
  PinePhone won't boot after software update jb2000 2 1,246 03-17-2023, 07:26 AM
Last Post: Zebulon Walton
Wink Pinephone lost graphic during mobian system upgrade cmpin 4 2,057 03-01-2023, 04:45 PM
Last Post: anonymous
  Mobian + phosh firefox ublock and other overlays display bugs tuxcall 3 1,674 02-24-2023, 12:11 AM
Last Post: nexion