Flash dhivael's SPI uboot (risky)
(02-08-2020, 02:02 PM)Wizzard Wrote: I have Toshiba RC100, 240 GB. Will try Manjaro too Smile

Edit: it boots Smile

So happy to hear that. Do you know what the issue was?
Just flashed Manjaro on SD card and it boots Smile

Now I just have to set my Armbian on NVMe to boot, cause I did not care about that /boot/boot.txt Smile cause the previous SPI did not need that.

Seems that it only works with Manjaro or it does not work with Armbian. I edited boot.scr in Armbian and renamed it to boot.txt but it does not boot...
(02-08-2020, 02:19 PM)Wizzard Wrote: Just flashed Manjaro on SD card and it boots Smile

Now I just have to set my Armbian on NVMe to boot, cause I did not care about that /boot/boot.txt Smile cause the previous SPI did not need that.

Seems that it only works with Manjaro or it does not work with Armbian. I edited boot.scr in Armbian and renamed it to boot.txt but it does not boot...

You have to edit boot.txt and than run mkscr script or mkimage command to create boot.scr.
Do not edit boot.scr directly.
Thanks! Just trying Manjaro again and it is not that bad. Anyway, Armbian had only boot.scr file and no boot.txt, so maybe it works different way on this distro.
Thank you very much guys for the help. It just seems that it only supports Manjaro. Neither Armbian not Ubuntu boots. Armbian has the boot.scr generated, but Ubuntu does not. Can I create it manually?
(02-09-2020, 01:48 AM)Wizzard Wrote: Thank you very much guys for the help. It just seems that it only supports Manjaro. Neither Armbian not Ubuntu boots. Armbian has the boot.scr generated, but Ubuntu does not. Can I create it manually?

Yes you can but it might be that Ubuntu uses extlinux.conf instead of boot.scr. Which is perfectly ok. Maybe even better since you can do whatever changes you want to the extlinux.conf and you don't have to generate anything,

In case you want to create boot.scr you have to create a text file (eg. boot.txt) with all the stuff you want. And then:

Code:
mkimage -A arm -O linux -T script -C none -n "U-Boot boot script" -d boot.txt boot.scr
(02-09-2020, 01:55 PM)as400 Wrote:
(02-09-2020, 01:48 AM)Wizzard Wrote: Thank you very much guys for the help. It just seems that it only supports Manjaro. Neither Armbian not Ubuntu boots. Armbian has the boot.scr generated, but Ubuntu does not. Can I create it manually?

Yes you can but it might be that Ubuntu uses extlinux.conf instead of boot.scr. Which is perfectly ok. Maybe even better since you can do whatever changes you want to the extlinux.conf and you don't have to generate anything,

In case you want to create boot.scr you have to create a text file (eg. boot.txt) with all the stuff you want. And then:

Code:
mkimage -A arm -O linux -T script -C none -n "U-Boot boot script" -d boot.txt boot.scr
Armbian should have both a boot.cmd file and also an armbianEnv.txt file.   The Armbian boot.scr is generated from the boot.cmd,  but many changes can be made by editing the armbianEnv.txt file.  See the armbian Documentation for more info.  You might just want to try writing the armbian build to an sd card, seeing if you can boot that way, and if so, using armbian-config to enable boot from SPI the NVME.
Yes, it uses extlinux.conf but it does not boot. What if I do not want any change, just want it to boot? If I do not provide boot.txt, it does not create boot.scr.

(02-09-2020, 02:16 PM)belfastraven Wrote: Armbian should have both a boot.cmd file and also an armbianEnv.txt file.   The Armbian boot.scr is generated from the boot.cmd,  but many changes can be made by editing the armbianEnv.txt file.  See the armbian Documentation for more info.  You might just want to try writing the armbian build to an sd card, seeing if you can boot that way, and if so, using armbian-config to enable boot from SPI the NVME.

Armbian does NOT boot from SD card Sad
(02-09-2020, 02:19 PM)Wizzard Wrote: Yes, it uses extlinux.conf but it does not boot. What if I do not want any change, just want it to boot? If I do not provide boot.txt, it does not create boot.scr.

Armbian does NOT boot from SD card Sad

Out of curiosity - try to remove uboot on this Armbian SD card. And then try boot once more.

Code:
dd if=/dev/zero bs=32k seek=1 count=1 of=<microSD>
dd if=/dev/zero bs=64k seek=128 count=64 of=<microSD>
dd if=/dev/zero bs=64k seek=192 count=64 of=<microSD>
Still the same, green LED, blank screen with backlight.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to rewrite uboot to emmc pineitup 5 8,682 12-27-2020, 10:35 AM
Last Post: nightranger73
  Extracting a copy of SPI NOR flash contents using micro SD card and u-boot hmuller 0 2,675 09-21-2020, 11:24 AM
Last Post: hmuller
  Program SPI NOR Flash on Pinebook Pro with u-boot on micro SD Card hmuller 0 3,393 09-21-2020, 10:02 AM
  In-Circuit Programming of SPI NOR Flash hmuller 13 17,938 09-13-2020, 01:20 PM
  Installing Ubuntu 20.04 (Focal) with BSP uBoot with deep sleep and sound Syonyk 43 52,758 07-28-2020, 03:18 PM
Last Post: SamWilts
  How to boot Manjaro from NVME with uboot on eMMC as400 47 55,732 06-07-2020, 02:37 AM
Last Post: as400
  (almost) upstream uboot/atf User 15997 27 30,462 02-08-2020, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Natrox
  Widevine-flash on Chromium-SD Card mamboman777 3 6,344 01-20-2020, 04:00 PM
Last Post: tophneal