PBP Coupon and Shipping Timeline
(08-30-2019, 09:00 AM)fire219 Wrote: I can't blame any of you for being disappointed. There's definitely some things that need to be changed to make preorders run more smoothly. We're discussing them now.

On my part, I should clarify that the 200 units that were not sold in the 1st and 2nd batches were sold as part of the first set of public preorders. Additionally, when your coupons expired, the units that were previously reserved for you were let back into the pool of availability for public preorders. This is done because many people enter the preorders, but never actually purchase the product (forgetfulness, not enough money, etc.). 

It was thought that 48 hours would be enough, while allowing for rapid turnaround for users who weren't able to be in the initial preorders. That was clearly not the case. All I can really do at this point is apologize.

There are many of us that were fine with 48 hours. Heck, I placed my order within 20 minutes of getting the code. I knew the code was coming so I watched my email like a hawk. I'm sure I'm not alone in that.

We must all remember that PINE64 makes little to no money on these units and they do it primarily as a passion project. There has been a lot of anticipation about the PBP, so they have to find a way to fairly distribute the initial batches.

With those initial batches, they need feedback to ensure the future iterations are as stable as possible. It kind of makes sense for them to give the initial batches to people who are going to be active with the process.

While it is frustrating to have to wait, just remember that the later batches will likely have improvements. So by waiting, you're likely getting a better product.

Hopefully they are able to get the initial batches of the tablet and the phone in the hands of active testers and devs while still satisfying the average consumer.
(08-30-2019, 09:00 AM)fire219 Wrote: I can't blame any of you for being disappointed. There's definitely some things that need to be changed to make preorders run more smoothly. We're discussing them now.

On my part, I should clarify that the 200 units that were not sold in the 1st and 2nd batches were sold as part of the first set of public preorders. Additionally, when your coupons expired, the units that were previously reserved for you were let back into the pool of availability for public preorders. This is done because many people enter the preorders, but never actually purchase the product (forgetfulness, not enough money, etc.).

It was thought that 48 hours would be enough, while allowing for rapid turnaround for users who weren't able to be in the initial preorders. That was clearly not the case. All I can really do at this point is apologize.
What about those who never received any coupon after waiting for so long, just to be told, to wait some more and place an order with the public pre-order.

This is the third attempt from my side with pine64. I tried for the Pinebook first in some batch then again but coupons are always wasted as I cannot keep looking for the coupon in the email, without any timeline.

And this time for PinebookPro I kept cleaning my email just so I dont miss the coupon but it never arrived, with these experiences I think I will always buy it when in stock instead of getting disappointed.

I am not blaming anyone but I think there is some flaw with the way the pre-order process is managed.

Just with the apology I dont think it is enough for the wasted time of the users who either have an expired coupon or didnt receive any coupon, Instead I request the pine64 team to get the list of such users and at least allocate them in the second batch if there are any cancellation or any possibility of increasing the batch size back to its estimated quantity of 1000pc's. 

Thank You.
Manjaro ARM Team.
Devices: Pinebook Pro & PinePhone.
Hello,
Believe I'm in the first hundred group....
Wondering when and how we'll be notified of when the PBP actually goes out and if we'll be able to track it?
Hoping to have someone home when it arrives....
Best regards, Rick :-)
(09-02-2019, 11:26 AM)rick1959 Wrote: Hello,
Wondering when and how we'll be notified of when the PBP actually goes out and if we'll be able to track it?

You get an email when shipped with the tracking number
(09-02-2019, 04:46 PM)evilbunny Wrote:
(09-02-2019, 11:26 AM)rick1959 Wrote: Hello,

You get an email when shipped with the tracking number

Many Thanks!! :-)
I got an email with a tracking number early this morning but it was for my M.2 NVME adapter order and not the Pinebook Pro itself.  I was so excited too.  Oh well... it'll be the next one Wink
Congratulations!! Sounds like progress to me. Hoping the "Good News" we've been waiting for is about to pop!
(09-12-2019, 05:58 AM)jaylittle Wrote: I got an email with a tracking number early this morning but it was for my M.2 NVME adapter order and not the Pinebook Pro itself.  I was so excited too.  Oh well... it'll be the next one Wink
Same here. I didn't even realize at first as I forgot it was a separate order for me.
(09-12-2019, 07:54 AM)MichaelVash7886 Wrote:
(09-12-2019, 05:58 AM)jaylittle Wrote: I got an email with a tracking number early this morning but it was for my M.2 NVME adapter order and not the Pinebook Pro itself.  I was so excited too.  Oh well... it'll be the next one Wink
Same here. I didn't even realize at first as I forgot it was a separate order for me.

Yup, I was so excited it was on its way, and... oh, it's just the adapter.
(09-12-2019, 09:31 AM)fretinator Wrote:
(09-12-2019, 07:54 AM)MichaelVash7886 Wrote:

Yup, I was so excited it was on its way, and... oh, it's just the adapter.

That would explain why I haven't gotten any such email.  I managed to get the adapter in the same shipment as the PBP.  No PBP, no email, no shipment just for the adapter.

Super excited (and impatient) for that email though!!!!!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  No shipping options available pre-ordering PBP? ramsey 2 3,095 04-04-2021, 05:16 PM
Last Post: ramsey
  Help! Pinebook Pro Shipping Dimensions jamesmustain 2 3,962 12-14-2020, 08:18 PM
Last Post: tllim
  For Sale, ANSI 64GB, shipping to US rossk 0 2,046 08-25-2020, 07:33 AM
Last Post: rossk
  trouble with shipping methods harakirisekaini 0 1,896 08-21-2020, 08:17 AM
Last Post: harakirisekaini
  PBP running shipping Manjaro won't wake from suspend fornio 2 4,385 07-21-2020, 07:04 AM
Last Post: vancheese
  Shipping time and cost estimates request janat08 1 3,049 05-16-2020, 01:03 PM
Last Post: janat08
  Looking to sell PBP ISO 128 eMMC for $150 + shipping luchtcm 1 3,465 05-11-2020, 07:19 AM
Last Post: luchtcm
  Shipping and virus concerns nabeel 3 4,733 03-21-2020, 02:34 PM
Last Post: craftkiller
  Is it possible to use another shipping method? rekesz 5 7,396 01-28-2020, 03:21 PM
Last Post: rekesz
  A (slight) shipping delay - an explenation + details Luke 221 221,113 01-20-2020, 09:50 PM
Last Post: greysuite