Linux Images (ROCK64)
(08-16-2017, 03:59 AM)pineadmin Wrote: Updated Stock Build Debian Jessie LXDE Linux Kernel ver 4.4 [microSD Boot] [20170809] Release version on Wiki and PINE64 Installer.

The community builds are great but many of us like the minimal images Ayufan has kindly provided, is there going to be a minimal Pine build that we can build up from.
(08-21-2017, 09:10 PM)stuartiannaylor Wrote:
(08-16-2017, 03:59 AM)pineadmin Wrote: Updated Stock Build Debian Jessie LXDE Linux Kernel ver 4.4 [microSD Boot] [20170809] Release version on Wiki and PINE64 Installer.

The community builds are great but many of us like the minimal images Ayufan has kindly provided, is there going to be a minimal Pine build that we can build up from.

You're looking at it !   To answer your question directly, probably not.  The community builds are the success of the Pine world.  The Pine engineers think in terms of Android only;  the gnu+linux images are going to be coming from the community, not Pine.

You can use the xenial-minimal to build up from;  that is primarily what I'm doing with mine.
marcushh777    Cool

please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )
(08-21-2017, 09:20 PM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote:
(08-21-2017, 09:10 PM)stuartiannaylor Wrote:

You're looking at it !   To answer your question directly, probably not.  The community builds are the success of the Pine world.  The Pine engineers think in terms of Android only;  the gnu+linux images are going to be coming from the community, not Pine.

You can use the xenial-minimal to build up from;  that is primarily what I'm doing with mine.

OK no probs not very minimal is it Smile

Prob will use the xenial also as don't really use the desktop.
I just wondered if there was a conservative official build but I will go with the Aufan build.
Cheers Marcus.
(08-21-2017, 10:35 PM)stuartiannaylor Wrote: OK no probs not very minimal is it Smile

minimal is subjective entirely;  I had to beg ayufan to put htop in the build !  ( he did humor me, thanks ayufan )

If all you mean is a bootable kernel with nothing else, well no its got a bit more than that;   most linux fans "think" minimal is a minimal gnu+linux system.  ( read that carefully )

A minimal system by definition is a system which is ( gnu ) + linux ;   the kernel plus the gnu minimal system components.

In many SBC embedded systems this means an optimized linux kernel plus "busybox" or equiv.

Its very difficult to build up from the repos if every time you turn around you must add a generally adopted minimal tool ( or tool chain ) in order to continue building.    Wink

IMHO, the xenial-minimal system is a perfect balance;  if it were up to me it would have a bit more;  and that's where my scripts come in;  I build it up to my "minimum" with some simple bash scripting that takes care of getting it done right with minimal mistakes and omissions too !    Blush

You have to start someplace.
marcushh777    Cool

please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )
(08-21-2017, 11:29 PM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote:
(08-21-2017, 10:35 PM)stuartiannaylor Wrote: OK no probs not very minimal is it Smile

minimal is subjective entirely;  I had to beg ayufan to put htop in the build !  ( he did humor me, thanks ayufan )

If all you mean is a bootable kernel with nothing else, well no its got a bit more than that;   most linux fans "think" minimal is a minimal gnu+linux system.  ( read that carefully )

A minimal system by definition is a system which is ( gnu ) + linux ;   the kernel plus the gnu minimal system components.

In many SBC embedded systems this means an optimized linux kernel plus "busybox" or equiv.

Its very difficult to build up from the repos if every time you turn around you must add a generally adopted minimal tool ( or tool chain ) in order to continue building.    Wink

IMHO, the xenial-minimal system is a perfect balance;  if it were up to me it would have a bit more;  and that's where my scripts come in;  I build it up to my "minimum" with some simple bash scripting that takes care of getting it done right with minimal mistakes and omissions too !    Blush

You have to start someplace.
Minimal gets confusing as I think they used to call the images minimal but now called network installer.
I get the server download and bang on ssh and thats it then the rest is built up.
1. All these imgs have the same bugs. When it is minimal i have installed mate desktop. When i boot system, keyboard and mouse lost control and system hang on. I have to unplug mouse and keyboard and boot again. Then plug keyboard for login and unplugged- computer start desktop mate and plugg in one more time mouse and keyboard.
2. mate deskop enviromnent - no icon on pulpit . dconf editor settings correct - visible icon on desktop but stil no icons.
3. all systems when i installed pulseaudio and pavucontrol and launch pavucontrol application - system hungs on.
sory for my english i know is not grammer correct.
(08-22-2017, 07:21 AM)radek Wrote: 1. All these imgs have the same bugs. When it is minimal i have installed mate desktop. When i boot system, keyboard and mouse lost control and system hang on. I have to unplug  mouse and keyboard and boot again. Then plug keyboard for login and unplugged- computer start desktop mate  and plugg in one more time mouse and keyboard.
2.  mate deskop enviromnent - no icon on pulpit . dconf editor settings correct - visible icon on desktop but stil no icons.
3. all systems when i installed pulseaudio and pavucontrol and launch pavucontrol application - system hungs on.
sory for my english i know is not grammer correct.

1. Known issue with GPIO left floating - there will be a software fix - spoke to Xalius about it the other day
2. Known issue with compositing (again, did you read previous post?) 
3. Not known to me
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

Any plan for an updated stock LXDE image that has the sound fixed? Or, if not, any idea what steps to take to get sound out of the addon DAC board? Thanks.
(09-06-2017, 03:57 PM)Farley56 Wrote: Any plan for an updated stock LXDE image that has the sound fixed? Or, if not, any idea what steps to take to get sound out of the addon DAC board? Thanks.

I will ping the involved party to update the stock LXDE build with sound fixed, please allow one week to do so.
Great news thanks. I'll watch for news on an updated image.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  irradium (based on crux linux) Rock64 riscv64, aarch64 mara 0 55 03-24-2024, 01:07 PM
Last Post: mara
  Rock64 v2 - did not work song / audio sqw200zu 2 1,238 03-14-2024, 03:09 AM
Last Post: dmitrymyadzelets
  Rock64 won't boot dstallmo 0 244 12-27-2023, 10:34 AM
Last Post: dstallmo
  HDMI doesn't work on rock64 Noung1991 1 513 11-21-2023, 08:33 AM
Last Post: as365n4
  Rock64 + Klipper + KlipperScreen Instructions godzilla62 0 515 10-22-2023, 01:52 AM
Last Post: godzilla62
  Rock64 Debian 11 (Bullseye) install problem jbize 15 7,972 10-12-2023, 05:14 PM
Last Post: tpaul
  slarm64 (unofficial slackware) Rock64 RK3328 (aarch64) mara 133 186,538 10-09-2023, 03:31 AM
Last Post: mara
  arch rock64 does not boot nemnob 0 513 07-09-2023, 03:28 AM
Last Post: nemnob
  MIPI-CSI IMX214 on Linux NO SUCCESS zeus666 2 1,632 06-02-2023, 07:52 AM
Last Post: diederik
  RXDP from Win10 to Armbian on Rock64 Transportsicherung 0 567 05-27-2023, 06:11 AM
Last Post: Transportsicherung