51.16%
Rear Video
13.95%
GPS
34.88%
43 vote(s)
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Pine64 Head Unit
hey Traveler Seems like a good products in there i have not tried that page, but seems legit
about youtr projects i guess is posible to do that witth the pine but u have too wait until more development comes such as dual screen ( lcd and HDMI ) at the same time
and thinks like that
and u may need to device if u want android or linux as main system
but i still yout project looks big and ya if u want to build that wait a little bit till developemnt and modules can work with the pines suh as GPS , GSM, LTE Mic
the Audio Board been released and gpio gets improved so u can do what ever u want with it

good to see new ideas about this project u vehicle looks interesting i hope to see the process in the future

also pine its cheking the posibility of a larges screen for the pine but its going to take some time
but still u can make it work wih the 7 inch or a hdmi display ( your choice )
By. Zoidiano0!
Installed:
LAMP: Linux , Apache2.4 , Mariadb, phpMyadmin, PHP5 
Java 8 arm by oracle
Netbeans 8.1
chromium (uses way toooo much Ram)

Pine64 Head Unit Project.!
Hello guys, I have a good news, I found a solution to have GPS working in the pine.
An USB-GPS device is on the way, but I found something else that works.

I used an old phone with good GPS capabilities (Samsung S3 i9300), and I use an app to send coordinates via Bluetooth to the pine, and another app on the pine that decode the informations and voilà !

Works very well, I have no issues with that, I got 3-5m precision, sometime better, wich is pretty good I think.

Host app (on old phone) (Trial have to restart every 10mn, but full version is only 1€...) I've tired a bunch and it's the only that works propely with no GPS lost
[/url][url=https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=googoo.android.btgps&hl=fr]Client app (on pine)
PINE64 HEAD UNIT ---> HERE <--- PINE64 HEAD UNIT
First one to have GPS working on the pine (Android) Rolleyes
How-to GPS with pine

Pine64 2GB with Android 5.1.1, installed in a car with 7" HDMI screen
Use: Music, Navigation, iCoyote (Waze-like),...

Todo:
*Getting touch pannel working
*Have USB GPS device

thanks @ipsw for sharing this with us Big Grin
i guess we have the solution for gps Big Grin well im guessing that we can use our own phone as the gps source so we don need an extra gps but we migth lose bluetooth conectivity
i would like to try but rigth now my only android device is my pine!
cuz my phone and tablet broken beyond repair Sad
so hooping to get a new phone next month Smile
my car its going to be involve in a series of changes including the pine instalation
so waiting for that to install it in the mean time im trying the pine and waiting to get the Android GPIO API from pine that they are working on that so we can add some functionality and automatization to the car Big Grin

im going to set in the first post this about GPS thanks mate
hope tyo see pictyurtes about your project Big Grin
By. Zoidiano0!
Installed:
LAMP: Linux , Apache2.4 , Mariadb, phpMyadmin, PHP5 
Java 8 arm by oracle
Netbeans 8.1
chromium (uses way toooo much Ram)

Pine64 Head Unit Project.!
(08-11-2016, 05:34 PM)Zoidiano0 Wrote: thanks @ipsw for sharing this with us Big Grin
i guess we have the solution for gps Big Grin  well im guessing tht we can use our own phone the gps source so we don need an extra gps but we migth lose bluetooth conectivity
i woild like to try but rigth now my only android device is my pine!
cuz my phone and tablet broken beyond repair Sad
so hooping to get a new phone next month Smile
my car its going to be in aseries of changes including the pine instalation
so waiting for that to install it in the mean time im trying the pine and waitinh to get the Android GPIO API from pine that they are working on that so we can add some functionality and automatization to the car Big Grin

im going to set in the first post this about GPS thanks mate
hope tyo see pictyurtes about your project Big Grin
I've got a BT keyboard, the GPS use BT, and I play music on my car to my radio via BT, and there is no BT loss at all, you can go! Smile
How-to GPS with pine

Todo:
*Have USB GPS device

If someone is interested these Bluetooth GPS receivers might work. They do say Android 2.0 and up.  I guess most will want Linus though. Doesn't matter to me which OS gets the nod as I don't know either one.  I am not a coder. My strength is in hardware and configuration.
http://gps.dualav.com/explore-by-lifestyle/car/

I am a big fan of SDR equipment and the RTL device is not a bad value but for little more a better quality receiver is available.

Directed Electronics makes a receiver that can be interfaced via USB..
http://www.mo-co-so.com/Directed-DMHD-10...ir-hdr.htm

MJS Gadgets makes an interface that comes with linux drivers
http://www.mo-co-so.com/HD-Radio-to-PC-I...js-hdr.htm
Hello guys, I've got a good news for you...

MY USB GPS MODULE WORKS !!  Big Grin

I will make a step-by-step guide cause it was not easy at all, I had to test shitload of apps and set up to make it works  Rolleyes

But just a little problem, I use an app to make it works, but each time I start this app, it ask me if I allow the app to access to GPS, with a box to check to remember... But it never remember!

If I could bypass this I could just have to start the app at boot and GPS could be working without touching anything !

Another thing: ANYONE HERE KNOW HOW TO MODIFY A FREAKING KERNEL?
Cause I have like... 0 knowledge with this, and I have a USB touch panel, and I have driver, and step-by-step "How to install driver to the kernel" but I don't know how to do this

If anyone can do it, pleaaaase help me! I have made a lot for this project with GPS and so, but here I need help !

Thank you!
How-to GPS with pine

Todo:
*Have USB GPS device

Have you tried going into the Android settings Personal/Location and set that to ON.
(08-22-2016, 10:55 AM)ipsw Wrote: Hello guys, I've got a good news for you...

I will make a step-by-step guide cause it was not easy at all, I had to test shitload of apps and set up to make it works  Rolleyes

But just a little problem, I use an app to make it works, but each time I start this app, it ask me if I allow the app to access to GPS, with a box to check to remember... But it never remember!

If I could bypass this I could just have to start the app at boot and GPS could be working without touching anything !

Cause I have like... 0 knowledge with this, and I have a USB touch panel, and I have driver, and step-by-step "How to install driver to the kernel" but I don't know how to do this

If anyone can do it, pleaaaase help me! I have made a lot for this project with GPS and so, but here I need help !

Thank you!
I'm no expert at editing a kernel but if you have links to said instructions then post them and I'll see if I can help.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
Joining thread to watch the progress! [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Board: Pine A64+ 2GB board.
MicroSD: Samsung Evo/+ 32/64GB
(08-22-2016, 08:18 PM)Banichi Wrote:
(08-22-2016, 10:55 AM)ipsw Wrote: Hello guys, I've got a good news for you...

Thank you!
I'm no expert at editing a kernel but if you have links to said instructions then post them and I'll see if I can help.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
You can download the whole thing at http://www.eeti.com.tw/drivers_android.html Smile
The server is pretty slow to download :p

Hope you can help me !
How-to GPS with pine

Todo:
*Have USB GPS device

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pine64 as squeezebox touch replacement Learnincurve 12 27,608 01-13-2021, 02:11 AM
Last Post: Learnincurve
  Pine64 E-ink screen - Android projectileobjects 4 9,451 12-03-2020, 03:03 PM
Last Post: Silk
  Pine64 based IP KVM tuaris 0 3,913 08-06-2020, 12:05 AM
Last Post: tuaris
  PINE64 to allow use of SATA disk on network/FTP mwelbourne 10 15,334 11-18-2019, 04:09 PM
Last Post: evilbunny
  How to setup VNC on your Pine64 (Debian, SSH, headless) pine64nutz 20 42,155 04-16-2019, 08:00 AM
Last Post: hg6806
  Setup Pine64+ with OP-TEE stdys 0 3,496 09-13-2018, 03:23 PM
Last Post: stdys
Information UEFI for Pine64 z4v4l 20 37,217 06-24-2018, 03:06 PM
Last Post: z4v4l
  Domoticz + PINE64 Z-Wave Module + Open Z-Wave klliew 4 9,538 04-19-2018, 02:23 AM
Last Post: Harlan Mueller
  Pine64 as Security Camera / Baby Monitor utdrmac 2 7,043 02-01-2018, 07:49 AM
Last Post: davidbrucs
Photo Nextcloud running on Pine64 gbjensen 1 5,977 01-18-2018, 05:51 AM
Last Post: Luke