Android Touchscreen/HDMI
My P64 2G board arrived the other day, today was the first chance I had to try it out. I bought the pledge kit that comes with the playbox and touchscreen. Of course the playbox is delayed, but I can still try everything out. Hooked everything up, wouldn't boot, or rather, touchscreen remained black, not powered up, whatever. Spent a few hours looking on the boards, and came to the conclusion that maybe the supplied android card may not have the right img, so disconnected the touchscreen and used hdmi cable to my 46" tv. Booted right up to android screen, looks like a 46" smart phone, lol. Well that's good, at least I know the board works, LOL

So, I am guessing I need to burn a different android img to use touchscreen?

Is there a way to use touch screen and HDMI simultaneously so I can use this to stream hulu/Netflix?

Can I use a wireless keyboard with a builtin touchpad?

Can I use an external hard drive to store media to watch from?

Thanks in advance for any helpful answers!!
(06-18-2016, 03:00 PM)Severian Wrote: My P64 2G board arrived the other day, today was the first chance I had to try it out. I bought the pledge kit that comes with the playbox and touchscreen. Of course the playbox is delayed, but I can still try everything out. Hooked everything up, wouldn't boot, or rather, touchscreen remained black, not powered up, whatever. Spent a few hours looking on the boards, and came to the conclusion that maybe the supplied android card may not have the right img, so disconnected the touchscreen and used hdmi cable to my 46" tv. Booted right up to android screen, looks like a 46" smart phone, lol. Well that's good, at least I know the board works, LOL

Is there a way to use touch screen and HDMI simultaneously so I can use this to stream hulu/Netflix?

Hi Severian,

Yes, the touchscreen needs a different Android image, see this section of the Pine64 wiki.

With HDMI and the LCD requiring a different image, I don't think there is a way (currently) to use both simultaneously.

You should be able to use a wireless keyboard with built-in touchpad just fine.

Nearly any hard drive will require a powered USB hub. A regular USB 2.0 port does not have enough power to spin up an external hard drive.
(06-18-2016, 03:19 PM)Ghost Wrote:
(06-18-2016, 03:00 PM)Severian Wrote: My P64 2G board arrived the other day, today was the first chance I had to try it out. I bought the pledge kit that comes with the playbox and touchscreen. Of course the playbox is delayed, but I can still try everything out. Hooked everything up, wouldn't boot, or rather, touchscreen remained black, not powered up, whatever. Spent a few hours looking on the boards, and came to the conclusion that maybe the supplied android card may not have the right img, so disconnected the touchscreen and used hdmi cable to my 46" tv. Booted right up to android screen, looks like a 46" smart phone, lol. Well that's good, at least I know the board works, LOL

Hi Severian,

Yes, the touchscreen needs a different Android image, see this section of the Pine64 wiki.

With HDMI and the LCD requiring a different image, I don't think there is a way (currently) to use both simultaneously.

You should be able to use a wireless keyboard with built-in touchpad just fine.

Nearly any hard drive will require a powered USB hub. A regular USB 2.0 port does not have enough power to spin up an external hard drive.

Thanks Ghost! Will have to pick up some more SD cards, am wanting to try some of the other OS's anyway.
Interesting project, looking forward to see what all I can do with this, lol.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pine HDMI -> DVI monitor Pineapple 4 7,643 09-10-2019, 11:28 AM
Last Post: Pineapple
  First Boot HDMI/USB problem reefer 1 4,937 11-18-2018, 10:32 PM
Last Post: tllim
Question Do I need a touchscreen to run Android? chrbar 3 5,038 08-08-2018, 10:55 PM
Last Post: chrbar
  ethernet lan speed problem android fulltone 0 2,593 04-23-2018, 01:47 AM
Last Post: fulltone
  Here Is another mini-how-to to install Raspbian:DESKTOP/ETHERNET/HDMI speedro86 4 8,055 04-15-2018, 07:37 AM
Last Post: bunkerWHz
  No sound on Android 6 or 7.1 reeno 0 2,882 07-29-2017, 06:31 PM
Last Post: reeno
  HDMI "Format not supported" sam452 3 6,455 06-11-2017, 10:38 AM
Last Post: Beta_Ravener
  RESOLVED - LCD screen not working, HDMI does asuras 10 15,670 04-02-2017, 08:12 AM
Last Post: Luke
  HDMI and LCD hienhuynh1982 19 24,751 03-23-2017, 10:16 PM
Last Post: tllim
  HDMI-VGA adapter. Blank screen. trumad 10 17,626 03-05-2017, 03:17 AM
Last Post: pfeerick