Bookworm
Under light use my phone is showing 70%  at about 13 hours off the charger.  No phone calls today but quite a few texts. & checking for texts.

The phone is recovering from suspend pretty quick.    I sure Hope that stays fixed.

Lots of little stuff under the hood getting polished a bit at a time.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(02-16-2022, 02:14 AM)bcnaz Wrote: Under light use my phone is showing 70%  at about 13 hours off the charger.  No phone calls today but quite a few texts. & checking for texts.

The phone is recovering from suspend pretty quick.    I sure Hope that stays fixed.

Lots of little stuff under the hood getting polished a bit at a time.

Mine died after just 8hrs off full charge.  I'm backtracking on what happened ...

... I'd listened to a podcast -- Leo's Laporte's TechTalk if anyone is old enough to remember him on TechTV  Wink -- then listened to some music via local files via Lollypop, and then set the phone down locked. I'd been checking the power consumption: 2-3W while listening, so the Power app was open / in background, and Settings app as well. 50% charge.

Wi-Fi & Cell were enabled, Bluetooth disabled; and Bookworm has been good about putting wifi to sleep.  When I unlock the phone now, I can see the Wi-Fi icon disabled, then gets re-enabled; and I can also not ping the phone on my home WiFi when it's been sitting a few mins.   No calls & no txts happened to wake the phone back up.

My guess is Lollypop never let go of the DAC in the modem.  What I mean is: my understanding is all audio channels run through the Quectel chip, right?  Or Lollypop kept churning away on one of the A64 cores.  If so, I'll have to remember to shutdown apps before walking away from the phone for hours.

To really know what's going on, something like sar needs to audit activity.  There's other monitoring tools, like pcp, but sar is pretty low intensity compared to them IMHO.
PPv1.2a running PMOS ... almost a daily driver!
Suspend sure helps extend battery life !

We still need to improve the energy efficiency of the running Apps, but for now,

being able to wake from suspend is a big step forward.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(02-23-2022, 02:59 AM)bcnaz Wrote: Suspend sure helps extend battery life !

We still need to improve the energy efficiency of the running Apps,  but for now,

being able to wake from suspend is a big step forward.

Just a heads up, if you are using tow-boot with the FOSS modem then the modem shuts down during suspend.
OUCH was considering that combo. Though I have been lucky the original firmware is still functioning great in all 6 of my pine phones .

(knock on wood )
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
Yeah, it is definitely far from ideal. I've talked with Biktorj (the person who writes the FOSS modem) about it and he can't seem to figure out what the cause is. So for now, you can either have suspend on the Pro or have the FOSS modem but not both.
On my Pine vers. 1.2a Mobian recovers pretty dependably from suspend now, and that greatly increases battery run time.

On my new Explorer not so lucky, Mobian for Pro series is freezing (still) when ever it enters suspend.
and other annoyances like it refuses to shut down.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
Currently enjoying all the hard work people are putting into Mobian.
Trying to update via GUI and also via command line, but I keep getting
"Could not open lock file /var/lib/dpkg/lock-frontend - open (13 Permission denied)
Unable to acquire the dpkg frontend lock (var/lib/dpkg/lock-frontend) , are you root?"

What to do?
(02-26-2022, 07:50 AM)Hobbes42 Wrote: Currently enjoying all the hard work people are putting into Mobian. 
"Could not open lock file /var/lib/dpkg/lock-frontend - open (13 Permission denied)
Unable to acquire the dpkg frontend lock (var/lib/dpkg/lock-frontend) , are you root?"

What to do?

I get that sometimes, I believe it happens the system is running an update on the background(please correct me if I am wrong). But usually waiting a bit and running sudo apt update again works for me.
(02-26-2022, 07:50 AM)Hobbes42 Wrote: Currently enjoying all the hard work people are putting into Mobian. 

What to do?

That depends :
How much do you have invested into your current installation ?
I have encountered updating problems as well,  I am going to put the Febuary 27 weekly on one of my test phones

If that FLIES :    I will follow with my full time Pine phone,  I don't keep much on my phone,  so just transfer the contacts, and I'm good to go with a fresh flash.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  bookworm vs trixie discussion for mobian in pinephone regular. zetabeta 15 1,864 03-25-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: anonymous
  Problem with updates: Repository 'Debian bookworm' changed its 'non-free component' Anna 7 2,277 08-31-2023, 12:38 PM
Last Post: vusra
  Debian bookworm security repo user641 2 1,546 02-17-2023, 01:12 AM
Last Post: user641
  Bookworm Satellite Navigation biketool 7 3,165 09-02-2022, 01:42 PM
Last Post: vortex
  GPS/location services don't work with Maps after Bookworm upgrade Anna 16 10,084 06-13-2022, 02:37 PM
Last Post: wibble
  Bookworm Navigation Enabler Script biketool 2 1,509 06-02-2022, 04:12 AM
Last Post: biketool
  Flatpak on Bookworm biketool 0 893 05-25-2022, 03:47 PM
Last Post: biketool
  chatty v0.6 in Bookworm at last! treebeard 13 7,622 02-13-2022, 05:21 PM
Last Post: treebeard
  Waydroid Intallation on Bookworm Dinosaur1946 6 4,453 01-30-2022, 12:03 AM
Last Post: Dinosaur1946
  Safe to upgrade Bookworm again? nelstomlinson 2 2,469 10-12-2021, 03:45 AM
Last Post: bcnaz