Waydroid Intallation on Bookworm
Hi All

I have browsed for days and simply can't find a description on how to install Waydroid on Mobian.
Have installed it on Manjaro no problem at all.
If I were to go back to bullseye, it would probably succeed as well.

There are also a few posts about how well it runs on Bookworm, but alas no description as to the method used.

Is there anyone on this forum that could describe how to overcome the bullseye limitation, it would really be appreciated.

Regards
Hello

Pick the steps from https://docs.waydro.id/usage/install-on-desktops where you need to replace bullseye with bookworm.
When you stumble over network issues, have a look on https://github.com/waydroid/waydroid/issues/105
@Dinosaur1946 

Mobian  has been adopted into the Debian system, they are a bit stricter on what they officially "Support"

I think I've read that Debian will not officially support Android  ( as that would break some of their rules )...

Being a Linux operating system,  you can most likely make it work on Mobian...
but if you have problems with that,  you will need to ask elsewhere than the Mobian Developers for support.

While None of the popular Pine phone operating systems are considered FOSS,  <--->  Debian/Mobian is probably the closest to meeting the FOSS standards.
...( of the choices for Pine phone operating systems)

I'm not trying to discourage you,  but you appear new to the forum and And I thought perhaps you were not familiar with the Debian differences.

Welcome to the Pine forum
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
Have you seen this: https://wiki.mobian-project.org/doku.php?id=waydroid ?
(01-20-2022, 04:12 AM)sfb Wrote: Have you seen this: https://wiki.mobian-project.org/doku.php?id=waydroid ?

Thanks good to know, 
maybe I can get some of  my kids interested in Linux if they can keep some of their Android stuff.

My self I try to stay closer to Debian clean on my own equipt.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
Hi All

I Wish email notification of replies would work here.

Thanks for the responses and yes I eventually used that link sfb and got it to work.
There are many pain in the **s apps that come along with it, that seem very resilient to being killed of.

One of the most annoying is the clock screen.
Whenever I type a bit to quick on my computer keyboard, it pops up.

However I now have the Health Dept scan app working , albeit without the camera. I just manually enter the number
and I am logged in.

bcnaz I have used Debian for years and you are right , they are conservative to the point of distraction.
The backup of packages waiting to be approved is getting longer all the time.
So, for my daily browsing playing around I use Mint and Debian for all dev work.

Regards
Hi All

As a follow up on this issue, I finally got Waydroid to install reliably on Mobian Bookworm.
However the link wiki/mobian-project.org/daku.php?id=waydroid info needs some adjusting.

1: lxc needs to be installed before starting the install.
2: Once the files are created in folders before running "debuild -us -uc"
    the 3 x compat files have to be edited to change the value to 7 or above.
3: The last instruction sudo dpkg -i waydroid_1.0.0_all.deb  failed and when I looked into it
     the value should be 1.2.0_all

Then it all succeeds.

Regards

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  bookworm vs trixie discussion for mobian in pinephone regular. zetabeta 15 1,514 03-25-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: anonymous
  Problem with updates: Repository 'Debian bookworm' changed its 'non-free component' Anna 7 1,913 08-31-2023, 12:38 PM
Last Post: vusra
  Debian bookworm security repo user641 2 1,476 02-17-2023, 01:12 AM
Last Post: user641
  Bookworm Satellite Navigation biketool 7 3,007 09-02-2022, 01:42 PM
Last Post: vortex
  GPS/location services don't work with Maps after Bookworm upgrade Anna 16 9,809 06-13-2022, 02:37 PM
Last Post: wibble
  Bookworm Navigation Enabler Script biketool 2 1,442 06-02-2022, 04:12 AM
Last Post: biketool
  Flatpak on Bookworm biketool 0 864 05-25-2022, 03:47 PM
Last Post: biketool
  Bookworm ragreenburg 169 102,670 03-23-2022, 07:29 PM
Last Post: pFalken
  chatty v0.6 in Bookworm at last! treebeard 13 7,361 02-13-2022, 05:21 PM
Last Post: treebeard
  Waydroid error: not using Wayland. But I am! quixote 7 6,523 01-09-2022, 02:47 PM
Last Post: jsch