PBP won't boot after trying to reinstall Manjaro ARM
#1
Hi all,

The second time I turned on my PBP, it wouldn't boot (power status LED was flashing green/red).
I was able to boot to Armbian from microSD by disabling the eMMC, and tried to reinstall Manjaro ARM to the eMMC using this installer.
After putting in the settings for the install, it threw some errors about some nonexistent files in /var/tmp, and presumably went ahead writing to /dev/mmcblk1 (It said it was setting it up for ext4).  Half an hour of nothing happening, and I stopped it.
Now when I turn the device on, the light doesn't come on at all, whether the eMMC is disabled, or not.
I'm at a loss as to what to do at this point if I can't even boot to an SD card.  Apologies for the lack of foresight in taking pictures or noting the exact error messages.

Olivia
  Reply


Messages In This Thread
PBP won't boot after trying to reinstall Manjaro ARM - by soupgirl - 12-07-2023, 05:10 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad What to can't boot from TF card, EMMC system broken - any advice?do guys? qingss0 1 2,089 12-18-2025, 01:05 AM
Last Post: qingss0
  Bonk to boot biketool 2 2,582 10-21-2025, 09:08 AM
Last Post: biketool
  3 days in, slow/stuck or no boot. lgmpbp2 34 31,824 06-11-2025, 08:53 AM
Last Post: lgmpbp2
  upgrading u-boot--what version? where to get it? bsammon 14 19,564 04-03-2025, 07:47 AM
Last Post: Tazdevl
Tongue Yet another Pinebook Pro won't boot thread pinemouth 5 12,631 12-27-2024, 11:38 AM
Last Post: akash3995
  broken tow-boot hashkeeper 1 4,389 12-25-2024, 10:12 PM
Last Post: jessipinkman
  Cant boot into an OS trashtendenz 3 5,738 10-23-2024, 03:49 AM
Last Post: chaylengordon
  Unable to boot? YossiS 4 4,451 09-04-2024, 10:35 AM
Last Post: wdt
  Manjaro versions bad and good gilwood 0 2,820 02-12-2024, 05:03 PM
Last Post: gilwood
  uboot wont boot to SD card after upgrade jbradley419 7 9,278 01-19-2024, 02:29 PM
Last Post: wdt

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)