Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,086
» Latest member: lonewolf64
» Forum threads: 15,672
» Forum posts: 114,507

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Install Tow-Boot on the S...
Forum: Pinebook Pro Tutorials
Last Post: alchemist
2 hours ago
» Replies: 13
» Views: 7,954
Bluetooth Handsfree Bount...
Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone
Last Post: walter1950
6 hours ago
» Replies: 22
» Views: 1,727
Help needed to understand...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: Pelecanus
6 hours ago
» Replies: 2
» Views: 37
Why can't we have an alte...
Forum: Shipment Related Discussion
Last Post: leoga
11 hours ago
» Replies: 26
» Views: 13,374
Helpful setup summaries
Forum: General Discussion on PineTab
Last Post: tophneal
Yesterday, 09:48 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 37
After upgrade on 08.03.24...
Forum: General Discussion on PineTab
Last Post: Corkonian
Yesterday, 01:22 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 616
how to use rk2aw-spi-flas...
Forum: General Discussion of PinePhone Pro
Last Post: Gooberpatrol66
04-17-2024, 10:23 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 45
GloDroid (Android-14)
Forum: PinePhone Software
Last Post: GaryM
04-17-2024, 08:39 AM
» Views: 95
Android images for RockPr...
Forum: Android on RockPro64
Last Post: tophneal
04-17-2024, 07:50 AM
» Views: 33
Pinebook Pro Initial Impr...
Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook Pro
Last Post: KC9UDX
04-16-2024, 07:29 PM
» Replies: 443
» Views: 585,093

Install Manjaro from SD
Posted by: motezart - 12-22-2020, 02:12 PM - Forum: Linux on Pinebook Pro - Replies (2)

I just wrote out my question and got an nginx 413 Request Entity Too Large error, over and over.  It deleted the question. Arg. This is like the tenth time trying to post.

I want to re-install Manjaro from micro SD since my PBP is bricked after I tried to install i3 and it broke it. 
I've flashed the Pine Manjaro to my SD.
Problem 1 is that SD does not fit nicely in the slot. It falls out or gets stuck. 
Problem 2 is I don't know how to boot the new OS.

With the SD in the slot I've booted the machine but it bypasses it and boots from disk. Using a usb adapter with the same SD also fails.

1. Is this the correct type of card? And if so, what am I doing wrong?

2. How do I boot from the SD? If not just by inserting it on power-up, what else do I need to do? I can't find instructions (although I'm sure they are out there)
Image at this link b/c attaching it crashes the post process https://ibb.co/r3wPKvG

413 Request Entity Too Large nginx/1.14.2
Posted by: motezart - 12-22-2020, 02:09 PM - Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook Pro - No Replies

I am trying to post a question with an image. I've compressed it to the smallest any compressor will make it, and it's still 2MB. I keep getting this error. What can I do?

UPDATE: Even deleting the image sent me to that error. I've since created a new post with a link to the image.

Call Switching Crosswired
Posted by: food - 12-22-2020, 01:47 PM - Forum: Manjaro on PinePhone - No Replies

Hi team,

Manjaro on Pinephone can't handle call switching yet, and I've had a lot of calls that get locked if I answer the call while in another call

hope your day's going well!

restart phosh on screen unlock?
Posted by: moodroid - 12-22-2020, 08:19 AM - Forum: PinePhone Software - No Replies

Hi,

I was trying an adaptation of https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=12279 to try and restart phosh when you unlock the screen - to try and get rid of the double touch problem. While it does restart phosh, it puts me in an infinite loop, because after the phosh restart, I'm back at the lockscreen again. Does anyone have any clever ideas on how I could restart phosh on screen unlock?

Thanks,

Bluetooth Calling in the Car
Posted by: LMalilil - 12-22-2020, 01:13 AM - Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone - Replies (4)

I haven’t yet been able to get my phone to sync up properly to my head unit in my car or the stock one in my truck to make phone calls. It connects over Bluetooth but that’s about as far as it goes function wise. Is there any way to get this to work or is that just a function we will have to wait for down the road? I haven’t tested if it will play music over Bluetooth as it’s a new head unit but I will test that tomorrow

Pinephone Mainboard Replacement Issues
Posted by: Stringbean - 12-21-2020, 09:39 PM - Forum: PinePhone Hardware - Replies (15)

Hello All,

My 3gb main board arrived and I was able to replace my old UBports edition board after some trouble. However after powering on, the OSes I use don't seem to work properly:
PostmarketOS gives  a boot screen but doesn't go any further than that, and if the device is plugged in it boot loops.
Mobian powers off immediately if charger disconnects, battery is stuck on 60% but I don't think the battery is actually detected in Mobian. Also WiFi and torch don't work (cameras do).
The only physical damage was to the shroud because I didn't see the hidden screw on the top right of the phone.

Any idea what went wrong?

Making nextcloud sync work on the phone
Posted by: 3x5co - 12-21-2020, 08:16 PM - Forum: Mobian on PinePhone - Replies (4)

I figured that since Mobian is just running Debian, I could install the Nextcloud desktop client. However, the app doesn't scale even when I run scale-to-fit, and when I finally got it set up, it didn't apppear to do anything. Also, whenever the client loses focus, the whole app appears to shut down.

Is there a way to get nextcloud synchronization working with Mobian/Phosh?

Screen flicker with USB-C charging
Posted by: bchenlee609 - 12-21-2020, 08:05 PM - Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook Pro - Replies (5)

Hey all,

I have been having some issues with charging my device through the USB-C port. I read through some other posts on USB-C charging and haven't come across anything that's exactly like my issue so I decided to start a new thread in the hopes that someone can shed some light on the issue.

Up until this point, I've been using a USB-C charger that came with my cell phone to charge up my device.
It's output reads 5V=2A OR 4.5V=5A OR 5V=4.5A

I recently bought a new charger for my other laptop. It's an Anker 60W rapid charger.
The output reads 5V=3A OR 9V=3A OR 15V=3A OR 20V=3A

When I plug in the Anker charger, the screen flickers and the charger indicator goes in and out as if the charger is being unplugged and plugged back in rapidly. Then the system goes into standby.

Would someone be able to explain why this is happening? I'm guessing it has something to do with the 3A output not being compatible with the PBP USB-C port? But would love some more clarity from some people with more expertise in the community. And who knows, maybe it'll help others with similar charger issues??

As a follow up question, the device is clearly not usable with the Anker charger plugged in, but will I damage my device by using the Anker charger while the device is powered off?

If there is any other info I can provide to help answer the question, please let me know.
Thanks in advance to all the Piners out there for the assistance.

Best
-B

SMS notification inconsistent and Wifi issue (waking up?)
Posted by: dcinoz - 12-21-2020, 07:55 PM - Forum: Mobian on PinePhone - Replies (12)

Hi,

Mobian up-to-date.
Phone asleep.

1. Text verification SMS sent by website. Screen wakes up. Then turns off. No blinking blue notification light. Unlock phone, open SMS app and SMS is there.

2. Website error so go through the process again, literally one or two minutes later. Presumably because phone was woken up previously, I get the blinking blue notification light (screen does not light up). Unlock screen, SMS is there.

3. Have to allow cookies as still get an error, so third time website sends SMS (literally 1 or 2 minutes later). This time, nothing. No notification light. Unlock phone, SMS is there.

4. I've turned on wifi via the command line (sudo nmcli radio wifi on), it initially connected, seems to have disconnected. My network is showing up in Visible Networks with a tick next to it but I don't seem to actually be connected. Can't ping, can't SSH into phone.

Wifi off then back on, still nothing. Settings GUI bug as wifi on / off is blue but Visible Networks is blank.

Whilst having the wifi issue, popup on the screen saying SMS text message received!

Turn wifi off via GUI - says phone is in airplane mode! Turn wifi back on via GUI, bluetooth is turned on so I turn it off (bluetooth scanning is fine). Wifi Visible Networks is blank, though it does show swirling circle so suggests it thinks it is scanning wifi networks.

dmesg shows sunxi-mmc 1c1000.mmc data error, sending stop command
dmesg shows sun81-ce 1c1500.crypto Fallback for ecb-aes-sun8i-ce is ecb-aes-ce

Wifi doesn't connect. Forced to reboot.

Phone restarted, can SSH into phone before unlocking phone so wifi now works again properly.

Code:
$ uname -a
Linux mobian 5.9-sunxi64 #1 SMP PREEMPT Sun Dec 13 13:56:38 UTC 2020 aarch64 GNU/Linux

I've turned wifi off and back on via command line and was connected immediately.

I'm not sure whether this should be reported anywhere as it seems to be related to the ongoing modem waking up the phone issues?
Happy to take pointers on what to do to try and debug if the problems arise again.

Thanks to the developers for all their work btw!  Smile

Help wanted: location of calls and chatty data files
Posted by: dukla2000 - 12-21-2020, 05:20 PM - Forum: PinePhone Software - Replies (3)

Does anyone know the location of (phosh) calls & chatty data files, please?

I have been able to do a reasonable backup of my home directory and restore it e.g. from Mobian to Arch by brute force copying the entire directory. Which handily preserves my phone call and SMS history. However my home directory has become rather bloated due to various experiments/roll backs and so I want to start from scratch but would like to copy those histories. I imagine somewhere in ~/.local and/or ~/.cache but have yet to isolate things accurately.

TIA