Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,132
» Latest member: farareaa
» Forum threads: 15,690
» Forum posts: 114,587

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Current status of pinenot...
Forum: General Discussion on PineNote
Last Post: Dahrun
8 hours ago
» Replies: 2
» Views: 1,285
PinePhone - boot from mic...
Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone
Last Post: laserpyramid
9 hours ago
» Replies: 9
» Views: 756
bookworm vs trixie discus...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: zetabeta
Today, 04:17 AM
» Replies: 23
» Views: 2,316
Using Signal on PinePhone...
Forum: PinePhone Software
Last Post: dragonhospital
Today, 02:19 AM
» Replies: 47
» Views: 13,665
More powerful smartwatch?
Forum: Getting Started
Last Post: Pavlos1
Today, 01:07 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 59
Firmware Update for PineP...
Forum: General
Last Post: Pavlos1
Today, 12:53 AM
» Views: 55
Writing to SD card possib...
Forum: PinePhone Software
Last Post: Fadazo
Yesterday, 04:01 PM
» Replies: 6
» Views: 3,347
Firefox does not work on ...
Forum: PostmarketOS on PinePhone
Last Post: Haddoud
Yesterday, 03:14 PM
» Views: 58
How to do automatic login...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: Haddoud
Yesterday, 02:50 PM
» Views: 1,018
Armbian and LibreELEC and...
Forum: Linux on Quartz64
Last Post: balbes150
Yesterday, 09:09 AM
» Replies: 148
» Views: 59,937

pinephone in germany (telefonica) ?
Posted by: robotnik - 12-30-2020, 12:18 PM - Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone - Replies (2)

has anyone experience with pinephone in germany with telefonica ?
telefon, internet, roaming ? for daily use (telefon, browser, email, telegram) ? which distribution works in this case best ?
i would love to buy one to replace my main mobile. i switched this year to manjaro and would classify myself as a beginner.

thank you very much and happy new year !

PW reset not working
Posted by: motezart - 12-30-2020, 10:38 AM - Forum: General - Replies (6)

I am logged in on a machine that I will soon lose access to. I've tried resetting my PW a few times over the last month or two and the reset link does not arrive (not spam either). It's a yahoo mail account so I'm not sure if that is the reason, but the yahoo account works with other reset processes like Amazon, etc.

I also cannot change the PW internally, or the email, w/o knowing the PW. I've double checked the email on the account and this is 100% the one I am trying to use to reset with. 

Is there anything I can do? Once I lose this particular logged in session I will no longer have access to this account and I'd like to keep it.

kernel crash on wifi initialization
Posted by: javier.pb - 12-30-2020, 08:01 AM - Forum: General Discussion on PineTab - No Replies

I've been playing with the pinetab, in an attempt to get the u-boot startup shown in the screen, and in the way I've apparently broken the wifi/bt in kernel. The heading lines of the two cores are below. Out of those pieces, the system can be used with any extra problems.

What I've been doing basically was around u-boot, the pinetab specific device tree(s) and megous kernels (plus p-boot), and although all of them are potential causes, at this point my believing is that I might have done something on the wroing mmcblkX device, based on a comment on ubports boot.scr ("wifi takes /dev/mmcblk1").
Any ideas (or even trial solutions)

I've seen this on ubports on eMMC and mobian on SD (both previously working). Tried also to use content of linux-firmware from megous with no success (same than ones on ubports eMMC). At some point, I've been able to boot ubports with megous 5.10 kernel with same result.

Quote:WARNING: CPU: 3 PID: 295 at net/wireless/core.c:881 wiphy_register+0x950/0x970 [cfg80211]
Modules linked in: 8723cs(C+) snd_soc_simple_card(+) snd_soc_simple_card_utils axp20x_adc [...]
CPU: 3 PID: 295 Comm: systemd-udevd Tainted: G         C        5.9-sunxi64 #1

WARNING: CPU: 3 PID: 295 at drivers/staging/rtl8723cs/os_dep/linux/os_intfs.c:3695 rtw_os_ndevs_register+0xb4/0x110 [8723cs]
Modules linked in: 8723cs(C+) snd_soc_simple_card(+) snd_soc_simple_card_utils axp20x_adc ...]
CPU: 3 PID: 295 Comm: systemd-udevd Tainted: G        WC        5.9-sunxi64 #1

UBPorts Not Working
Posted by: Pinoideae - 12-30-2020, 03:31 AM - Forum: UBPorts on PinePhone - Replies (7)

I flashed the image to an SD card (https://ci.ubports.com/job/rootfs/job/rootfs-pinephone/), but when I load the card into the phone it won't start up. I used balenaEtcher-1.5.113-x64 to flash to the card.

PostMarketOS works.

Any thoughts?

Pinebook Pro screen failure?
Posted by: BBreeziN - 12-30-2020, 12:58 AM - Forum: Pinebook Pro Hardware and Accessories - Replies (1)

I have been using my Pinebook Pro that I received earlier this summer up until this past weekend.

Starting yesterday, when the screen turns on after powering up, I see a gray vertical section on the right side of the screen and a the rest of the screen is just vertical lines in somewhat of the color screen of the Manjaro login screen. I have attached a picture.

Does this look like a hardware failure of some type? Or potentially a loose connection? I am looking for suggestions on what to try next. Thanks!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

UBOOT - Mainline not booting from SD card / BSP OK
Posted by: Anarethos - 12-30-2020, 12:36 AM - Forum: Linux on Pinebook Pro - Replies (1)

Hi!

I played a little bit with both version of UBOOT avilable in PACMAN in Manjaro 20.10.

Aside the fact that is you don't backup your extlinux.conf file you my end with an unbootable computer, I found that :

- When using the "mainline" (uboot-pinebookpro) version, booting from SD card don't works
- When using the "bsp" (uboot-pinebookpro-bsp) version, booting from SD card works

It is a normal behavior or is there something wrong in the way I flash the UBOOT?

Here is how i switch between both (on my eMMC)

For MAINLINE I do :

Code:
pacman -S uboot-pinebookpro
dd if=/boot/idbloader.img of=/dev/mmcblk2 seek=64 conv=notrunc,fsync
dd if=/boot/u-boot.itb of=/dev/mmcblk2 seek=16384 conv=notrunc,fsync
cp /boot/extlinux/extlinux.conf.sav /boot/extlinux/extlinux.conf
rm /boot/extlinux/*.pacnew

For BSP I do : 
Code:
pacman -S uboot-pinebookpro-bsp
dd if=/boot/idbloader.img of=/dev/mmcblk2 seek=64 conv=notrunc
dd if=/boot/uboot.img of=/dev/mmcblk2 seek=16384 conv=notrunc
dd if=/boot/trust.img of=/dev/mmcblk2 seek=24576 conv=notrunc

cp /boot/extlinux/extlinux.conf.sav /boot/extlinux/extlinux.conf
rm /boot/extlinux/*.pacnew

Thanks!

Pinecil Broken?
Posted by: skaaq - 12-29-2020, 01:11 PM - Forum: General - Replies (4)

Hello, juste received my pencil (and 2 other for family and friends) yesterday.

Mine worked on a laptop power supply (19V) no problem.

I try it on a usb power bank didn't know if qc3 or something else hit + button.

It seems to heat then a messsage that says low voltage or something, I removed the usb cable.

And back to 19V, nothing on screen. After didassembly I check 3v3, it was 0.7V and it draw 80ma when on 19V.

5v is 4.2v like in the schematics, so I desolder the 3v3 voltage regulator and it draw 2ma.

check continuity betwen 3v3 and gnd and got 5ohms not good, I replace the voltage regulator by a generic LD1117 3.3v.

here the grotesque picture.

[Image: 1S2-MfsJ1bWqdHaFkLEPkdNFBLiM7zQc5?e=down...5jusharing]

And its back to life sort of, it draw 200ma when idle the other are around 10ma. and the U1 chip FUSB302MPX is extremely hot.
the 3.3V is at 3V and it show 21 V instead of 19 it look "normal" considering the voltage divider.
my next step is to desolder the U1 and check for continuity between 3v3 and gnd but it have to wait until I can get to an air desolder station.

I will tell you that you should'nt try to make it work on 5V, I did it itentionaly but it can happen accidentaly.
I think as it know the voltage some sort of software protection could be implemented to avoid this.
Or I get a bad one, you tell me.

Thanks for reading.

The other 2 are working good.

Question Advice on streaming (DRM-friendly) OS
Posted by: jimsurvak - 12-29-2020, 10:12 AM - Forum: Linux on Rock64 - No Replies

Hello Pine64 forums!

I've got myself a Rock64 (4GB, v3) for Christmas & was curious if anyone would be willing to share their experiences with streaming media from the internet to this device. It will overwhelmingly be YouTube but occasional Netflix & Amazon Prime Video would be nice to have. I'm looking for suggestions because my Pinebook Pro has frequent stutters & performance problems with YouTube on 1080p60 video (though anything locally runs fine via VLC). I'm running the latest Manjaro KDE image, and given it's performance I'm hoping there might be a different OS with some better playback support? I haven't bothered to setup Widevine on the PbP it as I don't use it for Netflix.

The real objective is to replace my aging AppleTV. I don't really need screen mirroring/casting (the AirPlay feature), though.

If anyone has suggestions they'd be appreciated!

Record sound
Posted by: Veraendert - 12-29-2020, 01:11 AM - Forum: Arch Linux on PinePhone - Replies (8)

I seem to be unable to record sound with gnome-soundrecorder or any other recording software. Is this a known problem? Is there a way to fix it? Help would be greatly appreciated as i need voice recording on my phone for work.

Blinking red light for charger, no power-on
Posted by: bifo - 12-28-2020, 09:27 PM - Forum: Pinebook Pro Hardware and Accessories - Replies (11)

I've checked through the threads on this and so far attempted checking the battery connections.  I have a late summer 2020 pinebook pro which has been fairly reliable (aside from software boot issues) since receiving it, upgraded with a 128gb EMMC and an intel 660 NVME 512 drive, the latter working for several months now.  I left it plugged in yesterday after having it compile a lot of software on the Manjaro install on the EMMC, and discovered it dead.  The red light will blink, the green light even goes on if I leave it for some hours, but after checking the battery connection (I don't move it much at all, but it was suggested in an old thread) it still blinks as if it can't accept charge signals.  I've been charging it via both USBC and the AC adapter, no problems for months.

Any suggestions or questions for further troubleshooting?  The NVME doesn't actually get used until I run a shell script once logged in.