Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,191
» Latest member: cvet52@gmail.com
» Forum threads: 15,710
» Forum posts: 114,686

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Netbds10.0 on Rock64 not ...
Forum: BSD on Rock64
Last Post: KC9UDX
20 minutes ago
» Replies: 10
» Views: 74
Progress on Wifi Chip
Forum: PineTab Hardware
Last Post: frtodd
Yesterday, 12:28 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 285
Audio output switching an...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: treebeard
Yesterday, 09:02 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 23
upgrading u-boot--what ve...
Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook Pro
Last Post: Pavlos1
Yesterday, 07:58 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 69
bookworm vs trixie discus...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: treebeard
05-17-2024, 07:58 AM
» Replies: 27
» Views: 2,880
USB charging is unreliabl...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Hardware
Last Post: lightwo
05-17-2024, 04:29 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 52
Calls: ALSA UCM config no...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Software
Last Post: lightwo
05-17-2024, 04:23 AM
» Replies: 6
» Views: 309
how to enable /dev/i2c-0 ...
Forum: Getting Started
Last Post: Pavlos1
05-17-2024, 12:04 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 88
Official Debian support
Forum: Linux on Pinebook Pro
Last Post: rempfer
05-16-2024, 11:00 PM
» Replies: 63
» Views: 52,681
Android Gaming Image
Forum: Game Station Emulation
Last Post: Abeldean
05-16-2024, 09:18 PM
» Replies: 51
» Views: 76,180

ROCKPro64 (4 GB) "In stock (can be backordered)"
Posted by: TRS-80 - 02-10-2021, 03:01 PM - Forum: General Discussion on ROCKPRO64 - Replies (3)

Am I the only one who finds the above wording confusing?  Are they in stock, or not?

Can be seen here:

https://pine64.com/product/rockpro64-4gb...-computer/

Pinebook pro accidental drop test
Posted by: Jantje - 02-10-2021, 03:01 PM - Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook Pro - Replies (1)

Hello fellow piners,

I just did an accidental drop test on my pinebook pro, I was sitting on my attic with my laptop placed on the arm of a lazy chair (next to the entry hole of the attic).
When i stood up I bumped the laptop and it fell down from the chair trough the staircase hole down my attic on to the floor below.
I rushed downstairs and was shocked how I could be so stupid to place it on the arm of a chair next to the hole of the attic.
I opened the case and saw a bit of the case was snapped off on one side below the usb port, and a plastic strip on the bottom of the hinge part of the screen was loose.
I glued the plastic parts back together as best I could with some superglue and baking soda, after that I closed the lid and saw the laptop was a bit warped.
But besides the small amount of battle scars the laptop is still working fine, you can hardly see it was damaged.

I think the way the pinebook is designed makes for a very strong laptop. I am super impressed because the pinebook survived my stupidity Big Grin .
The fall was about 3 meters high.

I hope you guys wont do an accidental drop test but if you do I think the pinebook will stand a good chance of surviving.

Question APN setting for provider AldiTalk (Germany)
Posted by: robbyk - 02-10-2021, 12:11 PM - Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone - Replies (2)

Hello,

Does anybody manged to get the PhinePhone working with the German Cellphone Provider AldiTalk or any other German carrier?

Next Steps
Posted by: khbehrens - 02-10-2021, 09:20 AM - Forum: General Discussion on PineTab - Replies (2)

I've done all the testing that I can on the tablet in the current limited state.
I am trying to stay with Ubuntu touch if at all possible.
The next steps I really need to see is to be able to install software that I use and give the tablet a real world workout by using it on the road.
The store does not have anything that I use and apt does not work to get them from the channels nor can I install from a deb on a USB stick.
I thought the early adopters were in place to provide feedback to Pine on the tablet operation and hardware stability, but cannot perform this function without having my environment working.

Is there a Pine person on the forum that can answer when will this happen?

Adding Gyrometer
Posted by: KotKot77 - 02-10-2021, 09:20 AM - Forum: PineTime Hardware and Accessories - Replies (4)

Hi Team,

I was wondering if a gyrometer could be added to the hardware ... There is an accelerometer that is useful but not enough for getting enough move gesture metrics and do analysis to clearly identify the moves.

Thanks for your feedback.

KotKot77

DKPG name for Video
Posted by: mmd604 - 02-10-2021, 08:51 AM - Forum: Mobian on PinePhone - Replies (2)

Doe any one know the DKPG name for Video application as I would like to remove it

No Audio In Calls?
Posted by: ImmyChan - 02-10-2021, 07:34 AM - Forum: Lune OS on PinePhone - No Replies

At the moment when I make or receive a call on LuneOS I can't hear the person on the other end and they can't hear me, is this expected behavior for LuneOS at the moment?

February image, upgrade to SFOS4
Posted by: defactofactotum - 02-10-2021, 06:44 AM - Forum: SailfishOS on PinePhone - Replies (8)

If you have an SFOS existing installation on emmc you can upgrade to SF4.0 by running:
    devel-su
    ssu re 4.0.1.45
    ssu ur
    zypper ref
    zypper dup

this runs fine, but there have been no developments in the last month, so no calls, sporadic sms and no camera. Also, SF4 is still new and buggy so it might be wiser to wait for the official release.
If you upgrade on an SD card it can take several hours.

Otherwise, if you create a new SF 3.4 image using the flash-it script it seems quite problematic, freezes very frequently requiring reboot.

SIM not detected
Posted by: rdrowe - 02-10-2021, 04:26 AM - Forum: PinePhone Hardware - Replies (3)

Hi, I have a 3/32 pinephone which refuses to recognise SIM cards - keeps showing 'no SIM detected' error. Suggestions/ideas/help? Please. Thanks, R

No ability to cancel out of Applications in Both KDE Plasma AND Mobian
Posted by: Basic - 02-10-2021, 03:56 AM - Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone - Replies (10)

I got my KDE Plasma edition pine phone in early February. Took me a day or two to open things up...

When I did I noticed I could not "x" out of applications, in order to exit from an application I had to either restart or shut down the phone.

(Just for the record: I alerted Pine to this issue at the support e-mail with photos of the original OS not working properly on February 5th, got an e-mail reply ( automated?) that if I needed to open a ticket...which I did last night...I was trying to avoid making a deal about something that I thought should be able to be fixed with an OS flash)  

So I figured it was a bad OS flash, and downloaded the jump drive from the link kindly provided by Pine at the wiki page...

I flashed the phone with the latest release of KDE plasma Mobile...some things seemed "OK", The "x" at the bottom of the phone appeared, and my sim card worked ( yay) and the only problem was sending SMS that did not work. There were some issues...some lags some screen flicker as well at times, then a few days later while plugged in to charge the phone crashed....it would not start back up again...Wifi toggle switch was in the "off" position, mobile data was on...

Well that was enough of KDE Plasma for me , so I decided to flash the Feb 7th build of Mobian to the phone. Guess what, SAME ISSUE as originally came with the factory KDE Plasma! I could only open applications, not close them...very, very weird. No updates helped with this issue

any suggestions? I cant be sure if it's a hardware ( eMMC ?) or software issue...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)