Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,526
» Latest member: Garesdq1d
» Forum threads: 15,853
» Forum posts: 115,337

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Some Suspense.... Camerra...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: biketool
4 hours ago
» Replies: 0
» Views: 20
July 1 upgrade of Mobian ...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Software
Last Post: mburns
Yesterday, 09:56 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 734
desktop and lockscreen
09-25-2024, 05:11 AM
» Views: 59
No HDMI Video - Anything ...
Forum: General Discussion on ROCKPRO64
Last Post: angrymallard
09-25-2024, 04:58 AM
» Views: 37
2024 Sep 21 - PinePhonePr...
Forum: General Discussion of PinePhone Pro
09-25-2024, 04:16 AM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 2,306
bookworm vs trixie discus...
Last Post: zetabeta
09-25-2024, 12:41 AM
» Replies: 36
» Views: 6,641
Can't install some softwa...
Forum: General Discussion on PineTab
Last Post: mikehenson
09-24-2024, 07:49 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 142
Testing Some More Games o...
Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook Pro
Last Post: pigkang
09-24-2024, 01:43 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 3,440
Pinetab 2 Not Powering On...
Forum: General
Last Post: dachalife
09-23-2024, 12:00 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 151
Developing on Mac (M3)
Forum: Development Discussion on PineTime
Last Post: oksalahti
09-23-2024, 01:27 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 85

Midori suddenly crashing with bookmark errors
Posted by: hukuzatuna - 04-25-2016, 12:00 AM - Forum: Ubuntu - Replies (1)

Midori has been running rock solid for me for a few weeks (since I got Ubuntu and started using it on my A64). Today, it suddenly started crashing. I get a pop-up dialog box that says "Bookmarks couldn't be loaded: Failed to get row disk I/O error," and, "The history couldn't be loaded: Failed to get row disk IO/error." Running midori -d gives me

Code:
(midori4:20864): libsoup-WARNING **: failed to execute query: disk I/O error
(midori4:20864): libsoup-WARNING **: Failed to execute  query: disk I/O error
(midori4:20864): libsoup-WARNING **: Failed to execute query: disk I/O error
** (midori4:20864): ERROR **: tabby.vala:657: Failed to get row disk I/O error
Trace/breakpoint trap (core dumped)

In order to try to resolve this, I've uninstalled Midori and removed all the Midori support directories by hand: /home/ubuntu/.cache/midori, /home/ubuntu/.config/midori, and /usr/share/midori. Then I reinstalled Midori from the repo, but I'm still seeing this behavior.

Firefox crashes immediately as noted on another thread, so I'm essentially browserless on the PineA64 right now. Any helpful suggestions on where to go next?

Cheers,
Phil

Bug Remix OS lag
Posted by: cookeys - 04-24-2016, 03:28 PM - Forum: Remix OS - Replies (2)

Hi everyone,
I just  managed to burn Remix OS on my Pine 64 2GB WiFi  ( the version on the wiki for the 2GB because the 64GB card version give me a script error on Phoenix Card ) but when I boot my Pine 64 the OS is lagging :
1- He is extremely slow to load Remix Os ( 5-8 minutes ) 
2- Everything I made on the OS is slow  ; for example launching Chrome make me 1min and few time the screen  goes black with only the mouse on the screen. 

What do you think about it ? 

Thank you for your time   Heart

Cookeys

verifying we're an ARMv8?
Posted by: faddah - 04-24-2016, 01:00 PM - Forum: POT modules - Replies (1)

hi,

probably a dumb question, but just wanted to verify that per the hardware section on the CPU of the wiki, as well as the ARM description of their Cortex-A53 chip, that it is, indeed, and ARMv8 processor?

i ask because certain things you can compile ask which version of ARM you're compiling for — v6, v7, or v8?

thanks in advance.

best,

—  faddah
     portland, oregon, u.s.a.

Screenshot for temperature
Posted by: androsch - 04-24-2016, 12:52 PM - Forum: Game Station Emulation - No Replies

[Image: 5aa82ba3b997a79f16ea8ba1fb5a5d1d.jpg]

To show the pine WILL get hot!

Gesendet von meinem K00L mit Tapatalk

Bug Pine64+ not starting up. Did I receive dead motherboard?
Posted by: asardiwal - 04-24-2016, 11:57 AM - Forum: Pine A64 Hardware, Accessories and POT - Replies (1)

Two days ago, I received my Pine64+ 1GB motherboard. For the two days, I am struggling to turn it on. I also haven't received any additional power button like others.

What am I doing: Flashed RemixOS to SD card. Attached microSD card to Pine, Connected mobile charger to board. Red/Orange light turns ON. Connected HDMI to my Sony LED. Nothing shows up. Nothing. Am I doing anything wrong? Is the board dead? I don't think it's dead as orange light is ON.

Haven't been able to get my hands on Pine64. The curiosity is at its peak. Please help someone.

MD5 (or SHA256) hashes for all image downloads?
Posted by: inactivist - 04-24-2016, 07:41 AM - Forum: General Discussion on PINE A64(+) - Replies (1)

Just a suggestion, it would be helpful to have MD5 (SHA1 or SHA256 would be nice, too) hashes available for all image file downloads listed on the wiki page [1].  I thought it deserved a separate thread (I've seen this mentioned in other threads) 

[1] http://wiki.pine64.org/index.php/Pine_A6...re_Release

BerryBoot for PINE64
Posted by: LeRoms77 - 04-24-2016, 02:09 AM - Forum: Linux on Pine A64(+) - Replies (1)

Hello everyone, it should be nice to have BerryBoot for Pine64. Perhaps it already exists...

See: http://www.berryterminal.com/doku.php/berryboot

Kodi on Archlinux arm?
Posted by: mike-bar - 04-24-2016, 01:11 AM - Forum: Archlinux - Replies (5)

So I got Archlinuxarm to work. Yay! But I cant seem to load Kodi. My best conclusion is that Kodi is not supported on ARMv8.  Can anyone confirm this?  If it is supported please help with the install.   The typical pacman -S kodi doesnt work.

files.pine64.org down?
Posted by: inactivist - 04-23-2016, 10:30 PM - Forum: Getting Started - Replies (4)

It seems that I can't download anything from files.pine64.org today (this is the first time I've tried, just unboxed my Pine A64).  

Connection times out.  Tried access via various data centers to be sure it's not my local ISP, nothing seems to work.   Anyone else seeing this today?

Example traceroute:
http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/nph...traceroute

Performance issues
Posted by: chrwei - 04-23-2016, 08:15 PM - Forum: Getting Started - Replies (6)

I have a 2GB version with wifi, and I've gotten remixos, android, and ubuntu to boot, but I'm having severe lag and/or "not responding" popups on all OSs and all programs.  I've tested my SD card and it's fine,  I get 9MB/s writes and 30MB/s reads and no errors.  so far remix OS is the worst performance, and I was about to try debian instead of ubuntu but now files.pine64.org is down.

I'm using a 2A wall charger and have tried a few cables, but my understand is that if it boots that shouldn't be a problem.

what do I need to look at to figure out what's going on?