Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,531
» Latest member: lavabrilliant
» Forum threads: 15,853
» Forum posts: 115,343

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
No HDMI Video - Anything ...
Forum: General Discussion on ROCKPRO64
Last Post: KC9UDX
4 hours ago
» Replies: 2
» Views: 72
Pinetab 2 Not Powering On...
Forum: General
Last Post: tllim
10 hours ago
» Replies: 3
» Views: 176
Some Suspense.... Camerra...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: biketool
Yesterday, 10:32 PM
» Views: 114
July 1 upgrade of Mobian ...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Software
Last Post: mburns
09-26-2024, 09:56 AM
» Views: 763
desktop and lockscreen
09-25-2024, 05:11 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 75
2024 Sep 21 - PinePhonePr...
Forum: General Discussion of PinePhone Pro
09-25-2024, 04:16 AM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 2,429
bookworm vs trixie discus...
Last Post: zetabeta
09-25-2024, 12:41 AM
» Replies: 36
» Views: 6,673
Can't install some softwa...
Forum: General Discussion on PineTab
Last Post: mikehenson
09-24-2024, 07:49 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 165
Testing Some More Games o...
Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook Pro
Last Post: pigkang
09-24-2024, 01:43 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 3,456
Developing on Mac (M3)
Forum: Development Discussion on PineTime
Last Post: oksalahti
09-23-2024, 01:27 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 93

Enclosures in Store
Posted by: lennychuck - 06-17-2016, 07:30 AM - Forum: Enclosures - Replies (4)

If this isn't the place, I apologize in advance.

So I'm a backer, pledged the $89 package (LCD touch panel, 64GB SD card, etc.).  I added via the backerkit the acrylic case because I thought it was cool and would work for what I wanted to do (hook to my TV like an oversized but supercool Chromecast).  I'm well on my way to making that happen.  But now I have this LCD touch panel that I'm not going to have much use for until (and it will happen) I can get a 2nd board to turn into a tablet.  

Now here's the reason for my post, the ABS Playbox enclosure is sold out and won't allow backorders.  Also aware that shipping has been delayed for this enclosure.  I don't have a 3D printer and quotes to get one printed are well over $100.  I'm not going to do that.  Does anyone know if it will be made available again in the future?  I'm not expecting anything soon, obviously.  Just hoping that it's not gone forever.

General Battery Questions
Posted by: nspireing - 06-17-2016, 05:56 AM - Forum: POT modules - Replies (11)

So I spent a day since getting the battery trying to find some sort of instructions or info and really found nothing short of the specs of the battery.

So I have the three pin battery and I know where to plug it in, but how does it charge? does it just charge through the board?

and the jumper I see the one position looks to be for battery is there some info on the two positions? will the position for battery disable the external power?

how do I turn the system on when the battery is connected? I don't like the idea of connecting and reconnecting it every time.

If the info is on a page somewhere could someone post it.

Please and thank you

No Multichannel 5.1 PCM?
Posted by: Chauffeur - 06-17-2016, 05:06 AM - Forum: Linux on Pine A64(+) - Replies (1)

Hi,

there are 2-3 Threads about this issue, but mostly related to Android (but sorry, if I have overseen a Linux-related thread).
I try to play FLACs with 5.1 PCM over HDMI using KODI, but there is only a stereo output. Under Android I have the option "Passtrough" (but doesn`t work in 5.1), but under the Linux-Version it doesn`t show.
I tried other Media Player, but the same: Only stereo.
I tried the change in the daemon.conf, but nothing works.
Does anyone have 5.1 PCM working on Linux?

PineA64 Cooling Fan and Initial Thoughts Post
Posted by: MarkHaysHarris777 - 06-16-2016, 11:52 PM - Forum: Enclosures - Replies (4)

My 5v fan is plugged into the Sparkfun breakout board, along with my LED lab project (binary I/O for my robot). I have the fan mounted on free-standing rubber mounts offset from the standard SoC heatsink by about 4-5 mm. 

I am pleased with both the debian and ubuntu gnu+linux loads; I have the RPi.GPIO-PineA64 stuff from git-hub working on both, and (obviously) have the gcc compiler working on both. 

I struggled a bit (like everyone else) with debian not supporting the 1920x1080 hdmi LG monitor;  not to worry, just edit the /boot/uEnv.txt  file and change the 720p60 to 1080p60 and reboot-- voila !

The fan is fairly quiet, and very efficient. I'm using a logitech keyboard|trackpad combo (K400r) with an LG 1920x1080 LED monitor ;  and, I'm using the PineA64 as my primary desk PC for the month ! So far, its been fantastic !  Nice work everyone !

marcus
Big Grin

Q's about proper installing
Posted by: janeku - 06-16-2016, 11:30 PM - Forum: Ubuntu - Replies (7)

Hi,
I am waiting for my Pine64+ 1GB to arrive so I have to prepare myself for a long run setting up this board.
I have couple of questions regarding some hardware add-ons and proper installation of Longsllep's Ubuntu OS

1. I bought HDMI-VGA converter from PINE's backer store. Because I do not have any HDMI working device at my home my Q is: will PINE64+ work with this converter or should I seek in my neighbourhood for a HDMI enabled monitor running initial setup, after that trying to work with this converter ?
2. I also bought external USB HUB with it's own power supply. My intends are to connect USB keyboard and wireless mouse on it. My Q is: Should I install it (usb keyboad and wireless mouse attached to it) or just plug usb keyboard and usb mouse on a initial setup of PINE64+ ? I must mention that I also bought power supply for PINE64+ also on their backer's site, so I do not intend to use this USB HUB as a power supply.
3. Addition to Q no.2, is it safe to use both at the same time external power supply and USB HUB that is also externally powered ?
4. Regarding micro SD Cards I have buying issues with limited quality and manufacturer options in my country:
- Secure Digital Micro Kingston 16GB SDHC cl10 UHS-I 45MB Read http://www.anhoch.com/product/15243/secu...-45mb-read
- Secure Digital Micro for Tablet/Smartphone Verbatim 16GB Class10 and UHS-1 with adapter Blue
http://www.anhoch.com/product/36396/secu...apter-blue
- Mobility Kit 16GB Class10 USB, reader, SD Micro w/adapter Kingston
http://www.anhoch.com/product/14409/mobi...r-kingston
- Secure Digital Micro Kingston 32GB SDHC cl10 UHS-I 45MB Read
http://www.anhoch.com/product/15191/secu...-45mb-read
- Secure Digital Micro for Tablet/Smartphone Verbatim 32GB Class10 and UHS-1 with adapter RED
http://www.anhoch.com/product/36397/secu...dapter-red

What is you suggestion based on your experience with these micro SD cards ? Money is not a issue for this but time is. I can't allow additional waiting for delivery of SD card from other country. It takes so much time to arrive.

5. Regular updates: I can't see or I did not see is this Ubuntu version regulary updated like standard Ubuntu releases or it will remain as it is on first install?

Well, for start I suppose it is enough.

Waiting for you precious help.

Regards and stay well.

Uh,uh. EDITED: Should I remove card after installation or leave it inserted on the board ? OSmile

LCD Panel
Posted by: bsa - 06-16-2016, 10:26 PM - Forum: Getting Started - Replies (2)

Reward: The PINE A64+ Box w/ Touch Screen

Does the SD card that shipped with this support the touch screen or do I need to burn a custom image?

Android 5.1.1
Build tulip_chiphd-eng 5.1.1 LVY48E 20160505 test-keys
Kernel 3.10.65

Very Dissappointed
Posted by: Slowassta - 06-16-2016, 08:21 PM - Forum: General Discussion on PINE A64(+) - Replies (2)

To say the least... remix os worked ok till i tried i tried to play movies in kodi, it would play for maybe a minute then crash to a black screen...  also while in kodi everything was slow... menus, loading movies and what not. i have the 2gb unit, and this thing is a turd compared to my Raspberry PI 2....

I just hope that they get all the software issues work out, cause as of now i packaged it back up in its box...

all i wanted i wanted to use this for was netflix and kodi... and it failed at both...

Rainbow Pine64 + waveshare display?
Posted by: iPhyse - 06-16-2016, 04:43 PM - Forum: General Discussion on PINE A64(+) - Replies (4)

I've got a waveshare display 5" which I used with my Raspberry Pi 2. Now i'm wondering if someone has some experience to get this working on the pine64 since I've only got a blank screen without any image via the hdmi. On the Raspberry it was almost like plug-and-play with 'raspbian'.

I've got the display powered through the Pi 2 bus, ordered by the gpio layout and the layout on the display.  I do use the Ubuntu mate Image atm.

Is someone able to help me out and is prepared to share knowledge? ^^,

Allwinner DE2.0 User Manual
Posted by: xalius - 06-16-2016, 03:51 PM - Forum: Linux on Pine A64(+) - Replies (3)

I was just browsing the Datasheet and User Manual of the A64 and while I am glad that we have those available, I also noticed that the section for the DE2.0 (Display Engine) is just a two page stub in the user manual... is there a chance that we can get that documentation released as well, or is this something super secret?

NRF24L01
Posted by: igna09 - 06-16-2016, 03:01 PM - Forum: Linux on Pine A64(+) - No Replies

Hi, i've found this library. I would like to port it from a20 to a53 processors. Someone has got any suggestion??

Attached Files
.zip   librf24-sunxi-master.zip (Size: 27.63 KB / Downloads: 290)