Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,531
» Latest member: lavabrilliant
» Forum threads: 15,853
» Forum posts: 115,343

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
No HDMI Video - Anything ...
Forum: General Discussion on ROCKPRO64
Last Post: KC9UDX
6 hours ago
» Replies: 2
» Views: 72
Pinetab 2 Not Powering On...
Forum: General
Last Post: tllim
Yesterday, 12:25 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 177
Some Suspense.... Camerra...
Forum: Mobian on PinePhone
Last Post: biketool
09-28-2024, 10:32 PM
» Views: 114
July 1 upgrade of Mobian ...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Software
Last Post: mburns
09-26-2024, 09:56 AM
» Views: 763
desktop and lockscreen
09-25-2024, 05:11 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 75
2024 Sep 21 - PinePhonePr...
Forum: General Discussion of PinePhone Pro
09-25-2024, 04:16 AM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 2,444
bookworm vs trixie discus...
Last Post: zetabeta
09-25-2024, 12:41 AM
» Replies: 36
» Views: 6,673
Can't install some softwa...
Forum: General Discussion on PineTab
Last Post: mikehenson
09-24-2024, 07:49 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 166
Testing Some More Games o...
Forum: General Discussion on Pinebook Pro
Last Post: pigkang
09-24-2024, 01:43 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 3,457
Developing on Mac (M3)
Forum: Development Discussion on PineTime
Last Post: oksalahti
09-23-2024, 01:27 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 93

Oh great - Pine Store cancelled my order
Posted by: 1cheapmike - 06-18-2016, 04:40 PM - Forum: Shipment Related Discussion - Replies (3)

Got an email today from store.  
"Dear PINE64 customer, there was a payment gateway error where our ecommerce provider Shopify (http://shop.pine64.com) was authorizing orders but not charging some orders between May 1, 2016 to May 20, 2016.  This resulted in a credit card authorization but not an actual charge. The authorization will drop off after 2 weeks.  If you are receiving this email, you are part of an effected batch (about 150 orders). Some of your orders have actually been fulfilled but we did not actually charge you for it. If your order started with a number of #776, your orders have been fulfilled (but we did not charge you), If your order starts with #816, and you are receiving this email, your order has been cancelled and you have not been charged. "

Of course my order was 816# so I have to reorder stuff.
Got a board that is very pretty but wonder when it will work.
????

Oh great - Pine Store cancelled my order
Posted by: 1cheapmike - 06-18-2016, 04:16 PM - Forum: Shipment Related Discussion - No Replies

Got an email today from store.  
"Dear PINE64 customer, there was a payment gateway error where our ecommerce provider Shopify (http://shop.pine64.com) was authorizing orders but not charging some orders between May 1, 2016 to May 20, 2016.  This resulted in a credit card authorization but not an actual charge. The authorization will drop off after 2 weeks.  If you are receiving this email, you are part of an effected batch (about 150 orders). Some of your orders have actually been fulfilled but we did not actually charge you for it. If your order started with a number of #776, your orders have been fulfilled (but we did not charge you), If your order starts with #816, and you are receiving this email, your order has been cancelled and you have not been charged. "

Of course my order was 816# so I have to reorder stuff.
Got a board that is very pretty but wonder when it will work.
????

Adding an accelerometer to Android
Posted by: modsbyus - 06-18-2016, 03:37 PM - Forum: Android on Pine A64(+) - Replies (11)

I have a accelerometer for Arduino (MPU-6050) It has connections for VCC, GND, SCL SDA, XDA, XCL, AD0, and INT. How difficult would it be to use this with Android for the screen rotation and other compass/Gyro android features? Could it possibly be plug and play?

Android Touchscreen/HDMI
Posted by: Severian - 06-18-2016, 03:00 PM - Forum: Getting Started - Replies (2)

My P64 2G board arrived the other day, today was the first chance I had to try it out. I bought the pledge kit that comes with the playbox and touchscreen. Of course the playbox is delayed, but I can still try everything out. Hooked everything up, wouldn't boot, or rather, touchscreen remained black, not powered up, whatever. Spent a few hours looking on the boards, and came to the conclusion that maybe the supplied android card may not have the right img, so disconnected the touchscreen and used hdmi cable to my 46" tv. Booted right up to android screen, looks like a 46" smart phone, lol. Well that's good, at least I know the board works, LOL

So, I am guessing I need to burn a different android img to use touchscreen?

Is there a way to use touch screen and HDMI simultaneously so I can use this to stream hulu/Netflix?

Can I use a wireless keyboard with a builtin touchpad?

Can I use an external hard drive to store media to watch from?

Thanks in advance for any helpful answers!!

Information [solved] Openhab not starting
Posted by: socken23 - 06-18-2016, 02:57 PM - Forum: openHAB - Replies (10)

Hi all

Got my pine this week and downloaded the current openhab image today. Copying to SD worked great (dd in Linux) and pine starts up fine. 

Openhab is not started though so i tried to manually start it again. Still nothing. Here is the output from the status command

Code:
openhab.service - Starts and stops openHAB   Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/openhab.service; enabled; vendor preset: en
   Active: inactive (dead) since Sat 2016-06-18 20:39:54 UTC; 10min ago
     Docs: http://www.openhab.org
  Process: 1999 ExecStart=/opt/openhab/start.sh (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
 Main PID: 1999 (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)

Jun 18 20:39:54 openhab systemd[1]: Started Starts and stops openHAB.
Jun 18 20:39:54 openhab start.sh[1999]: Launching the openHAB runtime...

The log folder under userdata doesn't even exist. Don't know where to start looking. Any ideas? 

Thanks

Kickstarter claims I received board - not true.
Posted by: pedalman - 06-18-2016, 02:09 PM - Forum: Shipment Related Discussion - Replies (2)

Several weeks ago, I sent an email to Pine A64 asking for a shipment date. I was told I would receive a reply in 4 days, but have yet to receive a response. I went to Kickstarter's Pine A64 web page, and they think I already received my reward (backer # 3457). I have not received my Pine A64, and have not received any of the accessories I ordered in February. Is there any way to resolve this?

Building Stratum One NTP Server
Posted by: lospinos - 06-18-2016, 12:45 PM - Forum: Pine A64 Projects, Ideas and Tutorials - Replies (5)

I found this project for Raspberry Pi, a Stratum One NTP server using a GPIO expansion card.
http://www.satsignal.eu/ntp/Raspberry-Pi-NTP.html

The expansion card is available from:
https://store.uputronics.com/index.php?r...duct_id=81

I would like to use my Pine64 instead of the RPi.

Anybody here knows if the GPIO header has the same pinout as the RPi? Ideally, I want to buy this card and plug it into my Pine.

Startup Guide (READ THIS FIRST)
Posted by: ScorpionTNT - 06-18-2016, 12:39 PM - Forum: Getting Started - Replies (3)

If you just got your board like me, and want to image it, you may be confused or frustrated at the download. I was too, but after a bit of research, I found that you have to use a program like 7zip or winrar to extract the .xz file, and it has the image file in it.

Considering Legal Action
Posted by: ChasFred - 06-18-2016, 10:48 AM - Forum: General Discussion on PINE A64(+) - Replies (21)

After repeated emails to Pine64, Kickstarter, and Backerkit with no sresponse except bot type emails I am considering legal action.  I pledged to a $89 package.  Received a tracking number that said the package had been delivered over a month ago and the shipping address for the tracking number was not MY address.

I am starting to think the whole thing is a scam.

Totally feed up!

Charles in AZ

Big Grin My Desktop Good Morning from Rochester MN
Posted by: MarkHaysHarris777 - 06-18-2016, 07:27 AM - Forum: General Discussion on PINE A64(+) - Replies (7)

Good morning from Rochester MN...

... this is my desk at the moment. SoC is a beautiful 40c with a sold 3v2 and fluctuating 4v86.

The 5v supply is a bit of a mystery. W/ usb receiver, fan, and LED lab running 4v86... with the fan and receiver unplugged 4v5-4v72 / short time after plugging the fan and receiver back in then 4v86 !

I'm using an older 2A PSU from my PI, so will report back when the new supply arrives.

marcus