Pinebook Pro & PinePhone shipping progress (2020)
(07-02-2020, 11:56 AM)daniel Wrote: June 9 Asendia upgrade to DHL
June 12-20 (around) Phones were picked by DHL

two more weeks without news

So, who has the phones? pine64? or DHL?

Since no one here knows about what happened to the first-update to DHL phones I decided to ask  few people and organizations (including DHL, Pine64, and other I prefer not to mention). Not all  responses matched, but I have to say that everyone responded very quickly, which I have to thank.

What I think it happened is that some of first -batch upgraded to DHL phones were never picked by DHL even when we were said they were 'cleared' on June 19th. It looks they were mixed with the second batch (as suggested before by another user). Remaining first-batch phones should be in DHL hands in the next 24-72h (I lost count how many times the phone was going to be shipped in the next 24-72h).

Even I understand the situation (covid, hong knong protests, etc) I have to say I am upset by the lack of transparency. They cannot say first-batch were 'cleared' and then discover that some of the phones were never cleared. I think, they could have said that for x reason some of the first-batch would be merged to the second batch instead. I have no problem with the delay, I have a problem with the murky info.
(07-03-2020, 10:53 AM)daniel Wrote:
(07-02-2020, 11:56 AM)daniel Wrote: June 9 Asendia upgrade to DHL
June 12-20 (around) Phones were picked by DHL

two more weeks without news

So, who has the phones? pine64? or DHL?

Since no one here knows about what happened to the first-update to DHL phones I decided to ask  few people and organizations (including DHL, Pine64, and other I prefer not to mention). Not all  responses matched, but I have to say that everyone responded very quickly, which I have to thank.

What I think it happened is that some of first -batch upgraded to DHL phones were never picked by DHL even when we were said they were 'cleared' on June 19th. It looks they were mixed with the second batch (as suggested before by another user). Remaining first-batch phones should be in DHL hands in the next 24-72h (I lost count how many times the phone was going to be shipped in the next 24-72h).

Even I understand the situation (covid, hong knong protests, etc) I have to say I am upset by the lack of transparency. They cannot say first-batch were 'cleared' and then discover that some of the phones were never cleared. I think, they could have said that for x reason some of the first-batch would be merged to the second batch instead. I have no problem with the delay, I have a problem with the murky info.
idk, I wouldn't say they were hiding phones, I would say those extra phones that didnt clear may have been cancellations, bounced payment info etc..
Received a email today from Pine Store <sales@pine64.org> saying my phone has shipped (See msg below)I changed the last 20 tracking numbers don't waste your time.
The unmodified tracking number they sent does not work yet, when I follow the Click Here link it says ""This number can't be found at this moment. It's not available in the carrier's system yet. Please check back later.""

Hi there. Your recent order on PINE Store has been completed. Your order details are shown below for your reference:
Your Order has been shipped via 17track.
Tracking #420613419200000000000000000000
CLICK HERE to track your shipment.
06/07/2020

I ordered my phone on 05/18/2020
I'd say customer service here is a real pain in the... I'd had 2 questions wrote to sales via email and never had answe. Then I wrote to cancel order and than I've got silence in mail for a week(and still no info) . First I was thinking if I'd like the phone next would be tab and pinebok. But I'd say in any case if I'll got refund or working phone I'll never catch with you guys again. I really like the things you do but the way how customer relationship process is done is awfull.
I am not a very patient person but for once I felt I could be but this is crazy. I ordered my PP back on April 20th to London. I have not received anything from the company except a very vague answer on an email where they told me to look at shipping information on pine64 that didn't answer my question. I am still waiting for something but I feel I have been scammed out of my money. I understand restrictions brought from COVID but this is simply too much. I just want the bloody phone. This is not a 'just take my money!!' moment. This is a 'I have given you the money and have waited for months for this product and I haven't received s*ite' moment. I am so bloody tired of this. Let a hacker be a hacker and send the damn product already. I have heard of a few stories about pine64 with people not receiving their product with their tracking showing that their package is actually going further away from them and then becoming lost and pine64 doesn't care but I thought that was just haters gonna hate kind of moment or that it was a very small number of cases and pine did actually try to help but from my order and what help I have got from their customer support, I doubt I will be receiving the product I have long been waiting for. At least I will have something to rant about on purism forums when this probably will not arrive.

NOTE: On standard delivery. Had to go abroad so I am not even sure I will be home to pick up the product if it ships anymore as I didn't expect it to take this long to ship. Funny how I can get to west Asia and do what I need to for a few weeks and by the time I come back home, I will probably still be waiting for pine to ship to the UK let alone my order Smile
My experience with emailing pine team regarding shipping has been good, they have responded reasonably quickly under challenging conditions. I have also now sst my DHL shipping notification (which is due to.arrive Wednesday). I was in the first batch of DHL upgrades but because of an address update from regional to metro to avoid extra charge my shipment looks to have been bumped to the second batch sent.

Cheers Brad
I can confirm my PBP (FedEx) is still not shipped - like my previous expectation. Gotta wait one more month...
OP updated
You can find me on IRC, Discord and Twitter

(07-03-2020, 12:42 PM)K_Research Wrote: Received a email today from Pine Store <sales@pine64.org> saying my phone has shipped (See msg below)I changed the last 20 tracking numbers don't waste your time.
The unmodified tracking number they sent does not work yet, when I follow the Click Here link it says ""This number can't be found at this moment. It's not available in the carrier's system yet. Please check back later.""

Hi there. Your recent order on PINE Store has been completed. Your order details are shown below for your reference:
06/07/2020

Good for you. Any update?
(07-04-2020, 01:38 PM)daniel Wrote:
(07-03-2020, 12:42 PM)K_Research Wrote: Received a email today from Pine Store <sales@pine64.org> saying my phone has shipped (See msg below)I changed the last 20 tracking numbers don't waste your time.

06/07/2020

Good for you. Any update?
If its shipping to the USA it might be delayed due to the holiday weekend. What carrier is it using anyway?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Shipping Update and Stock Availability Thread Luke 87 88,295 03-05-2023, 12:35 PM
Last Post: maos
  PinePhone Keyboard update [April 24/04] Luke 73 106,611 08-12-2022, 11:46 AM
Last Post: kat22
  The PinePhone keyboard and cases are here! Luke 11 10,160 03-11-2022, 07:16 AM
Last Post: nontrivial
  PinePhone community poll results Luke 2 3,690 02-01-2022, 04:03 PM
Last Post: zer0sig
  PinePhone Pro Explorer Edition is now available Luke 1 3,186 01-12-2022, 11:52 AM
Last Post: zer0sig
  PinePhone BE & Pinebook Pro shipping update thread Luke 136 164,787 06-04-2021, 09:43 AM
Last Post: Luke
  PinePhone Mobian CE shipping update thread Luke 59 79,780 04-25-2021, 12:57 PM
  PinePhone BETA Edition pre-orders start March 24 Luke 2 6,003 04-23-2021, 09:25 PM
Last Post: ryo
  PinePhone KDE Community Edition shipping update thread. Luke 135 174,624 04-11-2021, 01:47 PM
  Manjaro Community Edition Shipping thread Luke 122 145,648 01-28-2021, 07:30 PM
Last Post: Muad