BraveHeart back case cracking
Back case developing crack. My BraveHeart back has developed a crack on the button side about halfway between the buttons and the bottom. I've got some pictures but they are too big. Hopefully these did not lose too much detail.

Attached Files
.jpg   BraveHeartBack01.jpg (Size: 398.5 KB / Downloads: 689)
.jpg   BraveHeartBack02.jpg (Size: 400.32 KB / Downloads: 602)
(02-27-2020, 10:21 AM)Beattie Wrote: I've got some pictures but they are too big.

resize them and use a format like jpg?
You can use imgur and then copy the link and post it just like any other

imgur link

Example

https://imgur.com/HEBZ0EQ

edit;

Uploaded that pic and there ya go... Ugly arrow but worked out perfect

https://imgur.com/OD6Rt9B
well the pictures problem has been worked out, but I think If I use the back anymore it will fail completely.
(02-27-2020, 05:56 PM)Beattie Wrote: well the pictures problem has been worked out, but I think If I use the back anymore it will fail completely.

The back of the old HP Pre3's seemed like the same kind of plastic and were prone to breakage. I've kept mine going for years after it developed a crack like yours did -- by putting a carbon fiber skin on it.

Hopefully, Pine64 will make and sell spares. I think there will be a lot of people looking for them eventually.
(02-27-2020, 06:46 PM)visiblink Wrote:
(02-27-2020, 05:56 PM)Beattie Wrote: well the pictures problem has been worked out, but I think If I use the back anymore it will fail completely.

The back of the old HP Pre3's seemed like the same kind of plastic and were prone to breakage. I've kept mine going for years after it developed a crack like yours did -- by putting a carbon fiber skin on it.

Hopefully, Pine64 will make and sell spares. I think there will be a lot of people looking for them eventually.

I don't think a spare is going to be much help, it failed after a couple of weeks, maybe 10 - 20 cycles. If you need to remove the back to change the SD card and change the switches I'm going to need to buy these by the gross.
(02-27-2020, 10:21 AM)Beattie Wrote: Back case developing crack. My BraveHeart back has developed a crack on the button side about halfway between the buttons and the bottom. I've got some pictures but they are too big. Hopefully these did not lose too much detail.

mine has a line there ready to oops.  maybe need to look for the guys that 3d print them, because the drawings are out there , i hinted to Lukasz about this
(02-27-2020, 08:47 PM)colin hodsdon Wrote:
(02-27-2020, 10:21 AM)Beattie Wrote: Back case developing crack. My BraveHeart back has developed a crack on the button side about halfway between the buttons and the bottom. I've got some pictures but they are too big. Hopefully these did not lose too much detail.

mine has a line there ready to oops.  maybe need to look for the guys that 3d print them, because the drawings are out there , i hinted to Lukasz about this

I have a 3dprinter but I don't think I can print anything that detailed.
My condolences. New backcovers should be available later this year me thinks.

The crack is either a productions malfunction (the plastic injected in the mold might have had a flaw right where the crack appeared) or might be the result of how you are taking the cover off. Are you putting your thumb like I do on the picture below?

[Image: S9I8h9O.jpg]

That might put extra stress on the spot where the thumb is. Not judging, just thinking out loud =)
"- is there already a tool for overclocking it desperately?" 
(02-28-2020, 05:46 AM)murak Wrote: My condolences. New backcovers should be available later this year me thinks.

The crack is either a productions malfunction (the plastic injected in the mold might have had a flaw right where the crack appeared) or might be the result of how you are taking the cover off. Are you putting your thumb like I do on the picture below?
New backcovers, unless they are redesigned (design or manufacturing flaw) are not a permanent solution IMHO. I don't think I used excessive force. A new back cover that fails in a month or two is not going to work well. One thing for Pine to consider is that the PinePhone with it's switches needs a more robust back design that other phones.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Temporary fix for Modem Not Coming Back on in SXMO Postmarketos Pinephone kebab 2 1,989 07-16-2023, 11:14 AM
Last Post: kebab
  reset button under back cover, below the camera mruser1 2 950 01-02-2023, 08:07 AM
Last Post: wibble
  WIRELESS CHARGING ADD-ON CASE Fred Zyphal 4 2,443 08-28-2022, 05:17 PM
Last Post: Fred Zyphal
  Mobile case wanted - with wireless charging! thorensjubilee 4 2,774 03-19-2022, 10:29 AM
Last Post: vap0rtranz
Photo Makeshift Pinephone Case kmsgli 0 938 02-27-2022, 09:24 PM
Last Post: kmsgli
  Selling PinePhone Pro (PPP) with Keyboard Case. almost unused !! ZX Spectrum 3 2,657 02-24-2022, 08:12 AM
Last Post: zetabeta
  Pinephone braveheart (+ Pinebook Pro) for sale (UK, London) chaoskampf 2 1,808 02-14-2022, 06:42 AM
Last Post: chaoskampf
  Braveheart wrote blank sd to eMMC soy 1 2,265 06-18-2021, 05:13 AM
Last Post: TfromTexas
  Braveheart PinePhone Mainboard Upgrade bridadan 1 2,348 11-26-2020, 07:12 PM
Last Post: LazLong
Thumbs Up Just arrived: the soft clear PinePhone protective case from pine64 kern707 1 2,370 11-20-2020, 06:47 PM
Last Post: Zebulon Walton